Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 09:32:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sim can't go to work  (Read 1219 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaffeeistgut2

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:00:12 pm »

So, spontaneously, with no provocation or fanfare, both sims in my family were promoted to the highest level in their respective careers. Next time one of them left for work, she'd be automatically prompted to go to the car, but when she got to that action in the queue the icon disappeared. I tried manually to get her to drive to work and the same thing happened. I took the car out of her ownership and the same thing happened with the carpool. (She was suddenly mayor so the whole helicopter thing was pretty rough - she stood there covering her ears for an hour, poor dear.)

I've tried everything: deleting the car, the driveway, etc. I even had her quit her job and then get another one and she still can't go to work.

I have very little in the way of hacks, just INteen and a hack that allows custom maternity clothes.

Any thoughts?
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:20:44 pm »

You may have accidentally deleted the two-tile car portal if you have a tendency to use the moveObjects cheat. There is a fix at MTS2 but it's quite old: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79045
kaffeeistgut2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:03:10 am »

Don't know what happened or how, but I was able to fix it by moving them out of the lot and then back in. (Spawned a sim to "house-sit" for them, so they didn't have to replace all their furniture.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: