Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:44:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: adding saved neighbourhoods  (Read 1409 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Why Lie

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »

This has probably been asked quite a lot, but i tried the search thing and it came up with nothing, so i'm trying now.

I have a saved neighbourhood from before i had to reinstall sims 2 due to having XP put on from vista, and was wondering if i renamed that folder (like from N004 to N00X) the neighbourhood is and put it back into the neighbourhoods folder would it be harmful to the game at all?

the thing is, when i did save that file i had all EPs up to BV and only 3 SPs installed and now i have all that are available installed, I don't want to bork up my game, but i would love that neighbourhood bback..

thanks in advance Smiley
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:08:04 pm »

Shouldn't be a problem when I have loaded neighborhoods in the past I had no issues no matter what expansions I had, Just when you decide to play that saved neighborhood you will have to (+) on the new ep's I would recommends numbering in the correct order..N001,N002 etc.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:54:36 am »

as far as I know, you can only use backups that correspond to the EP/SP's you've got installed. if you install new games, it won't work anylonger (but are useful if you decide to uninstall the new EP/SP's)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: