Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:22:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game wont start  (Read 2405 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bellethiel

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:10:29 pm »

ok heres my problem, i have bon voyage, i installed it, and when i click to play it and then click start, it never starts! it use to start before, but then i tried to play it once an it never started. So i uninstalled it and it still never work! what shoud i do? HELP PLEASE!!!
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:26:05 am »

Have you deleted your .cache files (in My documents / EA Games / The Sims 2) ? It can help. Wink
Ultravixen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 05:57:12 am »

^ Yup, that should work, it happens to me too, and it always works for me! Smiley

Sim Idol 2008 - 4th | Picture Perfect - Mentor
Ultravixen's Simmies
bellethiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:34 pm »

Quote from: Mihura;1265849
Have you deleted your .cache files (in My documents / EA Games / The Sims 2) ? It can help. Wink

ok so then i would search for all .cache filesand delete them and thats all? nothing more and it then should work right?
gali

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:02:14 pm »

...AND restart your computer (Securom prevents the game to start, if you "touch" anything in the computer's applications).
bellethiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:49:04 pm »

the i install it THEN it should work... right
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:06:13 am »

Did you uninstal Bon Voyage? You don't have to uninstal the game. Groups Cache, Cigen (related to Bodyshop), Accessories (if you have Pets EP) easily become corrupt and it is safe to delete them as the game will regenerate them the next time you load your game. The files within the Thumbnails folder also easily become corrupt. You can safely delete these as well (not the folder itself, just the files within it) and they too will regenerate. Expect a bit more loading time while the game regenerates these files. As Mihura stated, these are located in My Documents/EA Games/Sims2 folder.

First try deleting groups cache then see if your game loads. If not then delete cigen. See if game loads now. If not then delete files in Thumbnails folder. These steps usually do the trick. I have to delete groups cache almost everytime I start my game. Good luck!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 05:45:36 am »

(adding the contentregistry file to the list of safely deleted files)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
bellethiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »

YEAH I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! thank u all for helping me with it!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: