Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 04:46:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default Replacements  (Read 12633 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mari-artika

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:57:38 pm »

I don't know if there's a thread like this in here already...if there is, I'm so sorry, I just haven't found it! :Huh?:

So, all I want to know is...which default replacements are you using at the moment? I mean skins, eyes, alien skin & eyes, face templates, etc etc...And if you're happy about them Smiley

I'm getting back in game (finally!) and have been on a downloading spree...I just can't seem to decide which default replacements to use...so I would like your opinion :happy8:

Mari
"Nothing is inevitable. The future is not written in stone."
[/I]
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:26:23 pm »

Hi mari-artika. In my old game, I used stefan skins made default, but now I use buffy's blend, and I am happier with those by buffy. For alien, I absolutely love this one bybuffy always. :love7:  Hope that helps. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
mari-artika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:03:10 pm »

It's funny..do you believe that those are the ones that I currently installed in my game? :lol: Both the skins and the alien's too Cheesy They look pretty cool! I need to go ingame to try them out!

EDIT: Do you use any vampire/zombie/plantsim default? Tongue
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:06:30 pm by mari-artika » Logged

Mari
[/I]
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:32:48 pm »

Sorry, I don't play the vampires, plantsims, or zombies. LOL the only supernaturals in my game are aliens.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:05:18 pm »

Check out this new AWESOME set by Navetsea, I love them so much, especially the fantasy replacement skins.

mari-artika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:15 pm »

WOW :jaw: Those are totally amazing!! Thank you Cheesy

Mari
[/I]
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 02:57:27 pm »

A default replacement set of Schuldig_Seiben's eyes and Enayla's skin tones.
I love both creators and both sets of replacements.

No links though, I apologize.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
mari-artika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:02:07 pm »

I think I have some Schuldig_Seiben's eyes... But non-default versions o_O Need to chase the default ones Cheesy And I like Enayla a lot too!

Mari
[/I]
electrakitty74

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 09:37:44 am »

I would really love a default alien skin of Enayla's Pixie Serpent skintone for aliens.  I hear one exists, but I can't seem to find it.  Help, please?

Come follow me to Alphabet City  A grown up Real Life RPG which has been running for more than 18 months.
mari-artika

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 02:28:02 pm »

I know I've seen that somewhere...I'll search and get back to you Smiley

Mari
[/I]
pikkonoloidlee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 12:30:24 am »

I like Enayla's skintones as default, and yumedusts' eyes I can't remember what I use for the supernatural ones though.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 07:02:46 pm »

I've tried out loads of skins, but am stuck on Oepu's march skins. For face replacements I use these, and for eyes I've taken to these Just Reflect eyes. Supernatural bits come from all over, although I recoloured some Oepu skins to alien and plantsim so I'd have a matching set Smiley
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:06:47 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
smurphyslaw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:38 am »

For skins, I use the buffybot blends as well. I was using Stefan's before, but the shiny aspect looked sort of funny on the guys. Then someone recommended these skins, and I really like them on my sims. I also use buffybot's vampire and alien 'wormwood' skins as default replacements. As for eyes, I use pickpock's.
yuusha-shi
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 01:25:50 am »

I use skins by Chakaru as my basic defaults -- they look a lot better in use than they do in the previews..., Eye Love by Yumedust (Grey:Silver, Dark Blue:Starry, Light Blue:Softly, Green:Forest, and Brown:Chocolat), Pirate McSkittles is my default Pollination Technician, these face replacements by Spookymuffin, and this Alien replacement by diva_fidelia.

These are all gorgeous, I absolutely love them.
I particularly like the default faces because they are all different, yet are still pretty - at least to me, especially with the Chakaru skins. It took a long time to find them, all the others I got my hands on were basically the same faces slightly altered 20-some-odd times.

I used to use the translucent Vampire skin from this thread by Navetsea, as well as the basic default, but then my computer crashed and took down my game with it. I found the basic skins were rather greenish in-game, which wasn't to my taste. Her Alien skin, though well-done and a good idea, doesn't quite hit the mark... I prefer green ones.
(Seeing as I currently only have the base game, I won't be in a position to use Plant, Lycan, Zombie, or Vampire skins anytime soon... >_< But I really liked the Zombie skin as well. [Off note... I've learned my lesson about borrowing expansion packs instead of buying them... and then moving far away from the lender.])

I also used to Enayla skins for defaults... forgot which ones, exactly, but I was introduced to them through a Gerard Way Sim. ;3 They really are pretty, but after a while, the way the faces were shaded and blushed just started rubbing the wrong way... and I replaced them with something mentioned above.

[Off note... I remember how ecstatic I was when I found out I could replace default skins and eyes. I used to spend all my time in the game messing around Downtown or at a Shopping District just watching newly prettified Townies walk by. (: And I was equally ecstatic when I found out I could get rid of the fugly Maxis default faces. Good times, good times.]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:39:23 am by yuusha-shi » Logged
Miixy

♥ ninjaa

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 06:59:33 pm »

I use Selzi's default face replacements, Nouk's default eyes (I think they're very pretty and they're all genetically correct Cheesy), and Lin's version of Louis' skintone (I think they make Louis' skintone look even better).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:04:43 pm by Miixy » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: