Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:42:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell Her I Can Sing (chapter 2, up now)  (Read 8039 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alisa_Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 09:41:51 pm »

Quote from: Medagic;1278938
Aw...Poor Henry.  It must be hard on him trying to be the good older brother. Sad

He's a good boy. :angel: I hate doing mean things to him, so I usually don't. He's such a sweetheart...
SimKween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:59:28 pm »

You're awsome, you know that?

I go to seek a Great Perhaps
__medicinemanx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 11:13:44 pm »

This is amazing. <3

[SIZE=0]Listen mate, I told you once, I told you twice, you're not coming in alright!?

Make Joy Divison (yes I spelled it like that on purpose) grow for me, click Cheesy
http://joy-divison.myminicity.com[/SIZE]
asimtale

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 02:14:53 am »

This is interesting, I can't wait for more!
hanster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 01:47:46 pm »

Quote from: Alisa_Crawford;1278406
Oh, my God... That's where they all were! Oh, you are a photo ANGEL! I never would have found them.

Oh, and I got Henry's outfit (I'm guessing you mean the one with suspenders) from the myos website. It's a package of about five or six different suspender outfits, and they are BEAUTIFUL ingame.

no problem :angel:

and thanks, ive kinda broken my game... but as soon as it gets sorted those suspenders are mine Cheesy

great update!
SimKween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 01:01:37 pm »

How do you get all of your pics on here? I can only do one at a time. Help?

Alisa_Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 09:04:18 am »

Henry had called me downstairs right before three, his hands firmly set on his hips. "I'm going to work," he said turning his back when he was sure I heard him. "Normal rules still apply; Dad's not here, don't burn the house down, don't burn yourself, if you're going to eat then there are some hot dogs in the fridge..."

"Okay, okay, okay!" I yelled, pushing him out the door. "God, Dad, go before your boss kicks the crap outta you!" He rolled his eyes and hugged me, kissing me on the forehead, and then let me go.

"See ya later, Briar!" he called, waving back. "Oh! Dad's new girlfriend is coming for dinner tonight." We shared a mutual moment of distaste.

I'm not the best brother in the world. I know I'm not, even though Henry says he likes how I make sure he gets in the carpool for work, but that's not exactly right. I want to make sure he's long gone before making a call.

I couldn't reach the phone fast enough. I had her on speed dial, and it seemed like forever that she would actually pick up, but only a couple of rings later she picked up with a breathless. "Hey, Briar, I'll be right there. Bye," she said and then the click.

It was only a few minutes before I rushed out the front door and grabbed her up, kissing her hard. She squirmed in my arms, laughing and trying to push away, the whole time smiling.

Her name was Nina Morgan, a "sort-of" fresh face in Pleasantview, moving here a couple of years back. I'd always wondered how she'd gotten eyes like those with her dad's being so dark. We'd hit it off pretty well...actually really well. The first time Henry and Dad were gone at the same time for any length of time, Nina had snuck over...and we'd become one time lovers, full time friends.

"Hey, Briar," she giggled, looking me up and down. "Looking particularly like a burglar today, love." She pulled on the stripes of my shirt. Dad had said the same thing when I came in wearing it after making a run to Goodwill, but the way she said it...so not the way a dad would say it.

"Nina, flattery will get you nowhere," I growled, pulling my hand away. She looked at me with a smile and one raised eyebrow, as if she didn't understand. "Please?"

"You gotta beg for it," she said, laughing. She couldn't be serious. I rolled my eyes. She was always doing something like that, but she was the best friend I could ever ask for...so what did it matter to me? Nina would do anything for me--obviously.

"Let's make this more into a...part time lovers, kind of thing," I whispered, leaning in to her ear. She bent back, letting me stay on her shoulder.
"Well, when you put it like that..." she laughed, kissing me back. Her lips were soft, coated in a gloss that tasted like strawberries. We walked in, Nina trailing at my heels, smiling at me.

"Henry's not here, right?" she aske, for the first time becoming a little nervous. It had happened once. The first and only time. Everything had already been done, but when I didn't come downstairs when Henry first called me, he came up and...there we were. He never told Dad, but had always since then been really protective. I think mostly of Nina, instead of me, but it always came down to him not wanting me having a girl over when he and Dad were both gone.

"Of course not," I said. "He left just before you got here." She smiled again just as I turned to tell her that, and she mouthed a silent, "okay."

"Remember, just in case someone does come in, you gotta be quiet, Nina," I warned. She sat across from me and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, what was that?" she said, turning to look at me. "I don't think I was the one yelling, 'Oh, Nina! Oh, Nina!' the entire the entire time. I, Mr. Astor, was completely silent, except for the few times I had to quiet you down."

"Yeah, yeah," I whined, reaching over for her. "Let's not get hung up in details. Come here." She curled to fit my body, hugging me tight and kissing me carefully.
"Gladly," she said, holding tighter.

I don't remember much about that, except that I loved it. Nina was right; I couldn't keep quiet, but neither could she. She'd laugh at me every so often when I'd whine because something hurt. But the one thing I do remember clearly is Henry yelling for me after everything was over.

"Briar, I'm home."

"Crap," I hissed, sliding off the bed. Nina bit her lower lip, gathering her clothes off the bed and floor. I rushed to the window. Henry had just come in, his carpool driving off when I got to the window, but thankfully the ladder was still there.

"The ladder's still just out the window," I said quickly. Nina sighed, pulling on her jacket quickly.
"I hate doing this," she murmured to herself.
"I know," I said, pulling on my pants and striped shirt. "I know, I know, I know. I hate it, too. We just...need to find a way to cope with time better." She shook her head and opened the door, grabbing the ladder. "That's not what I mean."

"Hey, Henry," I yelled, running down the stairs. He looked at me just as Nina ran past the window and out of sight. What she'd said still echoed in my head. That wasn't what she meant? What did she mean, then?

"Hey, Bri," he answered, turning to the refrigerator and digging out hamburger meat. After Dad got a good job at the hospital and Henry was old enough to take care of the both of us, he became the designated cook of the house.

Dinner went normally; jokes and throwing food, trying to accuse one another of something. Except that night we had a new guest...

Quite. A. Looker...right? All of Dad's girlfriends tried so hard to be part of our lives, but they always got hung on the fact that Dad was a pushover. That was the end of his last relationship. The woman thought that Henry was his son from a relationship before my mom, but after she found out that he wasn't Dad's kid at all, she couldn't look at Dad without seing, "wimp" stamped across his forehead. Nonetheless, they all tried, and all had failed.

This lady was nice though. Henry liked her, at least, of course that was only because she could play piano and she hadn't found out about Henry's actual relationship to me and Dad yet. Everything was normal.

We stayed up for Dad until he got home around two that morning...

...and Nina and I went back to being nothing more than part time lovers, full time friends.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:06:42 am by Alisa_Crawford » Logged
SimKween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 10:43:48 pm »

Heart it!

hanster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 03:36:41 pm »

ee!
i loves it, dont like that nina girl much though
Cheesy
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 04:00:11 pm »

Hm...
Did Nina just mean she didn't like sneaking around and being part-time lovers or did she mean something else entirely...
Again...Hm..
Fantastic update!

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: