Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:43:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhoods how do they move?  (Read 2106 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
laydeek

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »

Ok...

Question # 1
You know how when you load Sims 2, the first three neighborhoods move in their little boxes? (you know before you click into towns) if you make your own town... How do you get that one to move in its box?

Question #2

I am trying to change the CAS screen when creating my sims... every time I rename the new CAS file ... the old one keeps popping up... Why?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:01:38 pm »

On your loading screen, there should be a a screen with a large + sign on it-that one is where you can add your new neighborhood, with a new layout.

You have to replace the CAS screen with a different one in your game in order for it to be changed. I've not done this before, so I can't tell you how to do it-but I'm sure that there's a tute on it here somewhere.

laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:33:09 am »

No... the Plus sign is for when you create a neighborhood. I have already done that...(created the neighborhood) I want it to move around in its neighborhood box like Pleasentville.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:38:20 am »

I don't rightly know what you're asking-but on a guess, are you talking about making a "REIA" movie, that animates the town? The fly around in the box?
That, I don't know anything about-although I'm sure there are tutes on making the animated parts of the game.

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:04:20 am »

As far as your CAS! you have to put that file in your Downloads folder.

I've made a few of them myself. Smiley

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 11:58:21 am »

Yes!!! The REIA that sound right!! More... more give me more!! I will try and Google it as well, but any help from someone who has done it would be great!

Oh... and what do you mean put the CAS in the download folder?? under what? You mean take the CAS folder from the main files and put it in the download folder???
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 11:30:10 pm »

No, just put the custom CAS files you downloaded into your Downloads folder.
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:18:50 am »

OK... I put it in the download folder and the screen changed...but it was all wonky... I couldn't see the sim...it was behind the mirror... any idea's of what I'm doing wrong?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 06:30:49 am »

what CAS! did you download.

Do you have the link?

You might be missing a file.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 10:15:40 am »

As to the REIA files that I mentioned-your installed (on the drive, not the game itself) game has the Reia's for all the neighborhoods, in their respective neighborhood folders.
Just copy the file to your neighborhood, if you want a fly-by one. I've checked MTS, and googled it, and there has not been any kind of mod or tutorial on how to make this kind of movie. It seems to be a proprietary thing with EA, and they don't want us to know how they did it.
So, because of that reason, you have to use what is in the game itself. You cannot customize it to fit your neighborhood.
I copied the file to my customized neighborhood and it works fine, although it is not the same layout as the neighborhood.
Sorry to tell you the bad news, but some things just aren't meant to be made..until EA decides we can do it.
Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: