Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:21:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accessory help?  (Read 2182 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ceruleanpheonix

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »

I'm having a problem with the accessory I'm making, the male version shows up fine but the female version gets distorted and curved. Is this fixable?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:40:33 pm »

depends, most accesoires have diffrent meshes for every gender/age.
If you get distortions but have the idea you did everything correct then delete the accessory.cache first and take a look again in bodyshop.

Also, when ingame never save the lot were you tested your new accesoire.(unless your finished Wink )
The moment you change/edit the mesh afterwards the accessory.cache doesn't get updated with the mesh changes and will either turn blue flashing or its even possible the changes dont get applied.

Also a mistake alot peeps make is to use the mesh itself for other genders or ages without picking the skeleton that comes original with the accessoire first.
but in your case this isn't a issue becos the female and male use the same skeleton.
If the accesoire is identical for male and female you can use one mesh for both genders and make the recolor file a unisex file
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 02:45:58 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
ceruleanpheonix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:50 pm »

Oh, I saved the lot because I play while I test. I'll remember that for next time. I'll delete the accessory.cache and see if it fixes it. It didn't turn blue though, so I guess that's a good sign. Is it possible to delete the teen ages? If it's too difficult I guess I'll make them mesh for their age.

Thank you so much for your help Bloom I could have sworn there was a hug smiley, we'll have to settle for this :notworth: I appreciate your modding wisdom Smiley
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:01:47 pm »

If you want to delete certain ages or genders from the package(recolor) you delete the mesh overlay XML and then clone it again with bodyshop(make a recolor)
The new recolor will be cleared completly with all files linked to the age or gender you didn't want.(like the ID, binx, txmt and txt files.)

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: