Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:28:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP, TOO MANY POTENTIAL HACKS.  (Read 1917 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simthirsty3Play

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2008, 06:11:34 am »

i have many mods, and some from mod the sims 2. but the only problem is that many of the mods fro m modthesims 2 are very awesome but custom content manager classifies it as a potential hack(which i understand). does anyone know the maximum amount of potential hacks that content manager will allow to enable before the sims 2 crashes because i find it annoying that everytime i download like over 14 hacks and enable them the game ends up crashing. is there anything i can do and is there a number limit?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:44:06 am »

There is a program that finds the hacks and lists out which ones will interfere with your game:
http://www.simwardrobe.com

It is called "Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility" and it detects the conflicts between similar hacks.

There is no limit (that I know of) that the content manager has-it is the game's processors which determine the amount of stuff you can have. For instance-if you have a napping hack from one site, and another from a second site, that will conflict. There are many instances of conflicts with some hacks, and you have to be careful which versions you have.

You should read the manuals for every hack you have, and note if they conflict with other hacks-most modders will list the conflicts if they know of them.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:09 am »

It's also a good idea to put your hacks into a subfolder within the downloads folder so you can pull them all out if need be.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:59:40 am »

I don't put mine into subfolders, I just dump them in. I have folders and lists of the hacks, although they are put in with random content lists. If I ever need to take one out then I will just type in the beginning of it's title and search it.

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:16:37 pm »

I would suggest putting them into a sub folder as well, that way when your game crashes... You will know first where to start to remove files. I would also suggest you get to filing/cleaning your download folder and get "Delphy's organizer" if you like to download a lot like me... its wonderful! also the more downloads you have... the slower your game will run. I am finding that right now. I have had to start breaking down my custom content downloads. Just a tip... I'm sure the others would agree.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 04:13:16 am »

Delphy's organizer is wonderful-it spots duplicates, empty packages and everything is organizable from the program itself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: