Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:21:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Fire Burning (Ch. 85: Till death do us part *23.Apr 16*)  (Read 247391 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 01:41:32 pm »

I just had to randomly put in a non-random part of a song:
How many people have to cry,
The song of pain and grief across the land,
And how many children have to die,
Before we stand to lend a healing hand.

And here's another part of the same song:
How many victims must there be
Slaughtered in vain across the land
And how many children must we see
Before we learn to live as brothers

The bits in bold are the parts relevant to the story.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:47:06 pm by GingerGal08 » Logged

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:50 am »

well, I already have a song that fits the story perfectly (you'll hopefully see what I mean in the final chapter). but the text above is good. can't say anything else (is it a michael jackson text, or am I completely on the wrong track here?)

sorry for the long wait. I'll try to finish the next chapter sometime this week. I had to do an emergency babysitting for my 3 year old nephew yesterday, just when I had gone ingame to do the next chapter. on the other hand, I did actually get a good idea for a few of the pictures when I tested an infant outfit yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:50:47 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2008, 01:09:02 am »

Wow, this is really good. Nice work!
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05:32 pm »

Uh oh, this one looks like a tear jerker and i always cry! T-T

How did you get tony to hold a feed aiden?
Twihead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 08:04:14 am »

I love it and where did u get those items
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2008, 03:32:40 pm »

(yYes, I know I'm slow.... but I finally got the time to do the pics, so here is the 6th chapter. Hope you like it Smiley)

------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 6: One step at a time
------------------------------------------------------------

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Tony yelled from the living room.
I came running, hoping for all in the world it was not another emergency involving Aidan.
According to Tony's face expression, it wasn't, and I could finally breathe again.
"Look, Lily is walking!" Tony smiled from ear to ear, as Lily took some of her first wobbly steps toward him while he stood ready to catch her if she fell.

I hurried over to the drawer where I always had a video camera lying - for reasons just like this. I got Lily's three last steps on tape, before she wobbled, and plumped down again, straight on her butt.

She giggled when she hit the floor, smiled and looked up at Tony.
The twins were thirteen months now. Lily was still a bit behind babies her age, and a little bit smaller - but not by much. Aidan was even further behind. He had barely started sitting up without support, but was struggling a lot to keep himself upright. He could crawl a little, but I couldn't see any signs of him starting to walk anytime soon.

Almost every motion he did seemed awkward for him, and sometimes it seemed as though he didn't really know how to use his legs. Two days ago he had seen Lily getting up by gripping the table edge, and had tried himself - but hadn't even gotten his butt up from the floor.
I didn't really worry, at least for now. The doctor had said there could be some more time before Aidan started walking. After all, he was almost three months premature, and he had spent his first six months in the hospital, so it was not exactly a surprise he was a bit behind.
"Did you get it?" Tony asked, and went over to peek at the camera screen as I put it on play.  

"A little of it, anyway," I said, smiling a little when I saw the clip before the one of Lily. The last clip on the camera had been five minutes of Peter's feet. He always forgot to turn the camera off while filming.
"It's soooo cool!" Tony said, grinning from ear to ear. "I was the first to see her walking!"
"Yes, you were," I said, and ruffled his hair.
"I hope I'll be the first to see Aidan walking, too," he said excitedly, and sat down next to the twins.  

I hope I'll someday see Aidan walking, I thought.

-----------------------------------------------

Aidan didn't take his first steps until he was almost eighteen months old. By then, Lily had already started running around.

As Aidan took his first awkward steps, finally managing to get up using the table edge - but with much more difficulties than his sister - I already had the camera ready.
I got every single one of those five first steps, before he plumped down again on the floor.

After this I finally managed to calm down a little, thinking he was on the right track again, and gaining in the lead Lily had on him.
But it did not last for long. Only a couple of weeks later, Aidan got a chest infection after catching the flu in daycare - and then it was back again to the hospital in a hurry, with his fever rising over 40 C.

It was a short hospital stay, and after only a week he was mostly healthy again.
Unfortunately, this was not the end of the troubles. Two months later, he got another infection. Luckily, this time he didn't need a hospital stay - only two weeks home from daycare, and antibiotics.
Only a few months later - five weeks after the twins' second birthday which had been celebrated in a flurry of cake-smeared children from daycare, tons of balloons, and two hours of opening gifts - Aidan started complaining about "ouches" in his chest.

Life isn't easy when you have sick children.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:53:17 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »

Great job again! Really cute!
JGARxx

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 07:47:20 pm »

i cant tell you enough,
i love this story.

Make not war.
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2008, 01:02:20 am »

wow, this is amazing!
I love the twins, they're so cute!

Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2008, 09:32:10 am »

If somthing happens to aiden i think i'm gonna cry. But then again raven has a few tricks up her sleeve i bet.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 05:54:08 pm »

thanks JGARxx, Karla and Egghugger (and everyone else that commented)Smiley

and yes, I do have a few surprises and tricks up my sleeve Cheesy
there are always a few surprises in my stories... and I've got around 15 chapters left - so there's a lot of surprises hidden... won't say more Wink

I just hope my computer don't go back into its former hibernation-state again. It's already been messing around a lot today - freezing up, and black screen... *cries*
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:12:59 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

charleyhx

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2008, 05:00:46 am »

wow this story is great- i read your first two stories aswell. i love all your pictures Cheesy can't wait to read more:D
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2008, 07:56:19 am »

poor raven. we should send her a new one. um, or maybe just some cookies.
simsfan0017

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44:37 pm »

i love this story and your pictures are amazing :smile:

so i was wondering how did you get a child to hold a baby and feed a baby? and also how can you get it so twin babies are wearing different clothing?
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2008, 12:51:55 pm »

Great chapter looking forward in reading the next one great job

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: