Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 08:12:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Fire Burning (Ch. 85: Till death do us part *23.Apr 16*)  (Read 249950 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
rtizaoui

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2008, 07:30:21 pm »

This is a really good story! PLease let Aiden be okay! I am begging you!
JGARxx

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2008, 08:10:43 pm »

awh, i want aiden to be okay!
great story! im hoooked

Make not war.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2008, 08:14:13 pm »

Here's the second part. Just have to finish tidying and cleaning my room before doing the next chapter...

------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 7: Needle phobia
Part 2
------------------------------------------------------------

The NICU had one of its calm periods with fewer than usual critical patients. We had a 28-weeker on her second week of Bili-light treatment for jaundice, a 32-weeker with breathing problems, and a boy who'd been born a couple days ago with a hole in his diaphragm, awaiting surgery. A set of twins born almost four months too early had been very critical for a while, but for the moment they were stable and seemed to be thriving. 
Caring for the babies felt like therapy to me - even though the little ones reminded me a bit too much of my own children when they had been born. It was also the only way for me to block out anything else.
A couple sat next to one of the incubators, holding the hand of a little boy who'd been born with a hole in his heart, and had gone through surgery a few days earlier.   

They had the worried looks I recognized from my own face the time it had been me sitting there, and the boy reminded me a little bit of Aidan.

To distract myself, I quickly read his chart and the new notes Celina had made earlier. He had been taken off the ventilator the day before, and was already showing signs of having the intended effect from the surgery. His fingers and toes were no longer blue, and he was showing interest in taking bottles. 
I smiled to the mother. "Nathan sure is a little trooper, and it looks like he's doing very well. Would you like to hold him?"
"Can we?" she asked, her face lighting up.
"According to the doctor he should be strong enough now," I said, and opened up the walls of the incubator. I untangled a few of the wires, and lifted the baby out, deciding to do a quick diaper check first.

I swaddled him in a warm blanket, making sure all the wires and tubes were secured.
"Here he is," I said, and handed him carefully over to his mother.

She brightened up like the sun.
This was one of the things I liked the best with my job - seeing the happy faces of parents who were allowed to hold their children for the first time.

I remembered the first time we had been allowed to hold Aidan. He had been nearly three months old, and we had needed to use gloves and facemasks when we were handling him because he still was weak after all the infections he'd had.

Touching your little baby with gloves on just isn't the same. I had been so happy that day when we could finally discard the masks and gloves, and actually touch him. Hold him. Kiss him. Feel like we were really his parents.

The first time I had held Tony - and of course Lily - had been amazing too. Most mothers get to hold their children immediately after they are born. Holding Erica just seconds after her birth, all slimy and crying, had been one of the best moments in my life. Being able to take her home after just a few days in the hospital had felt even better.

When the baby was premature it could go days, weeks or even months before the parents were allowed to hold their baby. But when you were allowed, it was the best thing in the world.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A few hours later, during our lunch break, Celina came in.
"The surgery went well. Aidan is in the PACU now, sleeping off the anesthesia. We'll have to monitor him closely for a few hours, since he had some troubles breathing after the anesthesia. The oxygen level in his blood is a bit too low at the moment, but he's getting there."
I hugged her, and followed her up to the PACU.

I then called Peter, and sat down next to Aidan's bed, taking his hand. I sat with him until they decided to move him to the Pediatric ICU, followed him there, and sat down by his bed again.

Peter came down to the hospital after handing off the rest of the kids to my parents.

After several hours of waiting, about an hour after Aidan had started breathing on his own and the tube had been removed, he finally woke up.

Groggy and rather grumpy, he reached his arms toward me, and I lifted him up, comforting him and telling him everything would be OK.

I hoped I was telling him the truth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:47:08 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
imaeatyaface

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2008, 09:25:52 pm »

i feel sooo bad for Aidan...and your photoshopping didnt look crappy also where'd you get jenna's hair?? this story makes me cry, and i dont cry easily... good updates Cheesy

If Cupids Got a Gun, then He's Shooting Lights Black Heads Bang You're My Drug, We Live it Real love, Ill give it.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2008, 09:31:07 pm »

thanks Cheesy

Jenna's hair is most likely a peggyzone one (either donation or free). Don't have much else in my DL folder right now besides peggy hairs. Got tired of most of the XM ones that I had. besides - the hairs I never used (but downloaded anyway) took a lot of space that I needed for other things.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:34:20 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2008, 12:26:58 am »

wow, i just love this story more&&more everytime =]
your photoshopping isnt crappy, it's awesome!
i can tell that you put a lot of though into this story..
i love it how you know how to explain everything in
order for us to understand exactly what you are trying to say.
love the update:D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:16:42 pm by Karla! » Logged

Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2008, 03:44:44 am »

I love your stories. I can't wait to read more of this one!

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
lovestella

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2008, 06:42:32 am »

Great Job Theraven!
Very good, and sad aswell.
Where did you get the hack that allowed Tony to hold Aidan?
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2008, 08:56:42 am »

I just realised that it might be possible for somone to make a oxygen tube for toddlers using the soother mesh. You might want to talk to one of the better meshers about it.
PlyrNdHlp

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2008, 03:35:25 pm »

Wow theraven, this story is just amazing. I never cry. Never. But when he was screaming about "no needles!!" I just lost it. Great work.

Meet my simmies at...
~Plyr's Plethora of Simmies~
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2008, 05:30:49 pm »

thanks everyone Cheesy

and that's an idea, Egghugger! I've thought the same thing myself, but since I'm more of a recolorer than a mesher, that's someone elses job (right now, anyway - but it might change in a few months... I'm starting 3D animation in just a few weeks, and I just can't wait!!! Cheesy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh, and before I recieve another PM about the animations I used for Tony, i might as well post the explanation so that everyone can see:

I used the good "old-fashion" "insimenator" way - Tony is really a teen in a child's body in some of the pictures. Same goes with Erica (teen as toddler).

you need:
the Insim machine and the insim Summoner, the OMSP from MTS2, an invisible version of the OFB magisplay tray thingy, the Moveobjects on and Boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat codes + a lot of patience, since trial and failing is a big part of a photoshoot. (you might also need an older/younger version of the sim you're going to use)

You must have a sim in the age you want the sim to behave like (he must be saved as this age, meaning that you can't age him to this before the next step - unless you save, quit and reload the lot), and then you age him down/up (blue part of the insim machine) to the age he's supposed to look like. Then you delete him, and summon him back again with the summoner (restore family). Remember that the poses will act a bit weird for all ages, but they can now use poses for other ages - children will be able to use adult/teen poses. BUT: toddlers/children will hover in the air as older ages, while teens/adults will crouch a little as younger ages.

For the poses, I used the model pose box (and the depression pose box for some of the pics in the last chapter) from MTS2, posed Tony, put a bottle and the baby on the ground, clicked on the bottle and chose "feed baby". I can't remember what pose I used for Erica in the same picture, but it was one of the pose boxes from http://www.JD-movies.com

The OMSPs and the OFB tray is used for placing the sims higher than the poses normally are.

Remember that you do this on your own risk, meaning that saving the game after messing around with especially insim and the magisplay tray MIGHT do strange things to your game (I lost a really cute toddler because of the tray - luckily I didn't save, so I got him back). I try to avoid live mode when playing around (That's how I lost the toddler), and take everyone off the trays before changing to live mode again.

I recommend trying the techniques on a test lot the first times you play around with them.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:52:36 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

angelrock444

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2008, 07:15:31 pm »

i can't wait for the next chapter

::smilieiforgetwhi::::smilieiforgetwhi:::study::lurk:omg i love the stories here my fav is soul searching the author should really finish it!!!:lurk::happy8:::smilieiforgetwhi:::happy2::glasses7::color::color::group hu::wav:
SMILIES RULE!
check out Astral Faery's stories they are awsome and so are threavan's!!!:laughing:
jojoryanmadden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2008, 03:02:29 pm »

Aww that was a wonderfull update, and dont worry about your photoshopping skill.
Ive never seen such good photoshopping skills used for a the sims pics.
Its hard to photoshop into sims but you did a great job.
And thanks for the pointers on how to get your toddlers to act like teens.
I'll try it Cheesy

Check out:
*~>Jojo's Hood<~*
R.I.P.
[/SIZE]
Tupac Amaru Shakur
[/COLOR]
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2008, 08:23:07 pm »

I can't say for sure when the next chapter will be ready. I have a lot to do in real-life before even thinking of spending a day or two to do the pictures...
and the story just keeps on getting longer. I've already added two chapters to the text today... Have to use the inspiration when it finally shows up, you know Cheesy

I'm also doing some infant outfit testing in between all the cleaning and tidying i'm doing n my room (but I can actually see parts of my floor now that I've not seen in maybe two years, so I'm getting there Smiley. That's how it goes when your room is used for a personal store room...)

My site:

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2008, 08:33:09 pm »

Great Chapter looking forward in reading the rest of the story

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: