Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:12:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Fire Burning (Ch. 85: Till death do us part *23.Apr 16*)  (Read 247385 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fraroc

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:07 am »

I'm not saying that Stem Cells can DEFINATLY cure DMD, But It is a theory that the stem cells can grow back any muscle that has been corroded by the DMD. And also, can't girls get DMD under a genetic mutation?
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #601 on: August 15, 2010, 09:33:07 am »

No a genetic mutation form of DMD can't be caused in girls- or maybe if one parent carries/has it/becker? Hmm... I'd actually have to look into that.

Find me on moonlight <3
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 15, 2010, 10:53:57 am »

Stem cells seem too easy. If Raven ever cures Aidan it's probably gonna involve Lily in some way like how they're using Aidan to help Lily right now.

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:30 am »

No a genetic mutation form of DMD can't be caused in girls- or maybe if one parent carries/has it/becker? Hmm... I'd actually have to look into that.

If I remember anything from biology, any man with DMD who wants to have kids biologically related to them is pretty much playing with high voltage. He doesn't know if his spouse is a carrier of DMD or not. After relearning how to make Punnett Squares, and making a few myself, I was quite in awe of the results. If the affected man and a carrier woman have kids, there's a 25% chance that they'll have an affected son or an affected daughter. But, if said man has kids with a non-carrier woman, then there's a 50% chance his daughters will be carriers, but his sons won't have the disease.

To answer your question, Katie, while DMD is more common in males, females can get the disease as well, but only if her father has the disease, which would be a pretty rare occurence.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2010, 11:31:43 am »

Ugh I hate Punnent Squares. They confused the heck out of me lol that whole genetics unit got me a C in Biology when I normally got A's and B's

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2010, 04:41:40 pm »

I know I said today, but I kind of got busy with something else...
(The hospital lot I've been working on got a huge upgrade - looks tons better now  Grin)

I'll try to do the rest of the pics tomorrow, but I can't promise that the chapter will be up then. I've got a few RL things to do tomorrow that are (sadly) more urgent than LFB.  (I need a job, or I'll probably starve and lose my apartment in a couple of months... and be forced to move back home to mom)
As soon as possible, OK?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2010, 06:33:26 pm »

We understand, Raven Smiley Get your real life stuff out of the way. I'm sure Lily won't die without you

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2010, 09:12:42 pm »

If I remember anything from biology, any man with DMD who wants to have kids biologically related to them is pretty much playing with high voltage. He doesn't know if his spouse is a carrier of DMD or not. After relearning how to make Punnett Squares, and making a few myself, I was quite in awe of the results. If the affected man and a carrier woman have kids, there's a 25% chance that they'll have an affected son or an affected daughter. But, if said man has kids with a non-carrier woman, then there's a 50% chance his daughters will be carriers, but his sons won't have the disease.

To answer your question, Katie, while DMD is more common in males, females can get the disease as well, but only if her father has the disease, which would be a pretty rare occurence.

I have no question? I know almost everything about DMD- my nephew has a severe case of it... and my unborn nephew may have it as well, he still hasn't been tested. I know that it can occur in girls.

And actually, if the father has Becker MD (almost the same but those with it have some of the protein boys with DMD do not have- therefor it progresses slowly) and the mother is a carrier, then girls will most likely be effected as well (because they have no protein on one X chromosome, and very little on the other - which would normally make up for the DMD on the other X)

Find me on moonlight <3
fraroc

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2010, 02:38:15 pm »

@ Raven

In understand, Im guessing your playing a pretty hacked sims 2 game here with tons of poseboxes and stuff. It must be a royal pain in the arse (im not english btw I just like saying that lol) to get pics to go right. In my stories in the story editor, I do it the old fashoned way with almost no poseboxes or anything, just Insim, Inteen, and a whole lotta boolprop-ing
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:35 am »

Pics wouldn't be the same without CC. What takes time (except loading the game - half an hour or so) is making new CC myself, and decide which poses to use. Sometimes I spend hours on one picture, other times ten minutes. Oh, and story writing/editing.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2010, 12:45:12 pm »

Pictures do take a  long time!  shocked

Find me on moonlight <3
fraroc

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2010, 07:14:19 pm »

aint that the truth.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 19, 2010, 11:37:47 pm »

so  without giving away too much. are we close to Lily getting better or dying? You don't have to say which one but are we at least nearing her happy or sad ending

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: August 20, 2010, 01:00:03 am »

That depends on how you see it, I guess...

You'll know more after the next chapter (Decided to make it a standalone chapter instead of a 2nd part. Longer than I expected it to be...).

Only have a small list of pictures left now, so if I manage to locate my motivation today, I'll try my best to finish it up inside a couple of days....
(No idea where it we... wait - it's hiding out in the hospital lot I'm currently building! *sneaks up from behind* Gotcha, little bugger! *slips away from hands* Oh, well... *takes out net and goes motivation hunting*)

on a sort of random note: I'm actually considering to start nurse training next year. A little too late to apply for school now, I guess - but I am looking for jobs that can somehow be related to it, so that I see whether or not it really is something for me. Getting a job inside the 3D business is pretty much impossible if you're not a racer in it, but I've got the basic stuff behind me, so if I continue that in my spare time I might just work up a nice portfolio one day, if I decide to give up nursing...
Makes me feel a bit like Jenna at a younger age... and if you wonder what I mean about that, you'll know more about it in a later chapter Wink
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:03:46 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 20, 2010, 08:59:55 am »

That depends on how you see it, I guess...

I CHOOSE TO TAKE THAT AS A YES!!! Am I bad person for getting a little tired of all the Lily chapters..I mean there are other characters that need some love too Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: