Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 11:58:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons won't start.  (Read 1348 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Crazee2ya

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:10:31 pm »

Seasons will not start at all. When I put the CD in the Sims 2 white screen pops up and then goes away with a “Microsoft needs to close this program” error. I literally was just playing this game yesterday with no problems so I have no idea why it just decided to quit on me.
I don’t have any custom content.
What happened?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:58:26 pm »

Did you try to delete your Groups.cache and Accessory.cache files?

Crazee2ya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

I did that too, nothing...

I actually just got one step further by download ALL patches (since i only had seasons) and i've gotten the game to begin but it was extremely slow.

Just out of curiousty, what would make it be fine one day and the next a complete mess?

Thank you for replying!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 01:01:24 am »

sometimes too much CC and too little memory on the computer can be a bad combination. also, if you have too little desk space, the game will most likely have problems running, and best case scenario is a very slow game.

what is too much CC or too many EP/SP's is entirely dependent of what your PC can handle.

my cousin's game crashed every 5th minute once, and I think it was only the base game she had. she had almost no CC, but whatever she put in, made the game crash. it usually crashed even without CC. crappy laptop....

I've got all EP's and almost all SP's, and around 4 GBs of CC, and even though my game is painfully slow, it still works (been a long time since it crashed the last time now).

oh, and you can also delete the cigen.package, and contentregistry files
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:11:27 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: