Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:50:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 patches  (Read 1559 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Me2

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 08:42:08 am »

Ok so I am back in the game and I just purchased sims 2 delux.. freetime,seasons, etetc.. do i need to download all the patches for these games or just download the latest game patch?

also for freetime .. do i need to download that patch.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:46:50 am by Me2 » Logged

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:38:12 pm »

I think when you get a new expansion it updates the old one. With me it was always like that. I tried downloading a patch for previous expansions I had and it said my game was already updated. So you could probably just download the patch for freetime Smiley Or maybe try to download the previous ones just to check if they are really updated!

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:37:07 am »

ok thanks for responding

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:44:58 am »

If you are installing everything fresh, I recommend installing each of the patches right after installing the EP/SP.  In theory a later EP would include the patches, but who really knows what goes on in the collective head of Maxis.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:13:22 am »

I'd also recommend you read up on certain patch issues.  The second FT patch seems to be a random timebomb on certain people's computers.  If you get a "conflict with emulation software" error at any point when trying to run the game after patching FT, it's because the patch includes a new update of... this thing.   (:x)  

As much as I'm tired of saying it, and know that people are tired of seeing it, just be on the lookout for any unusual things happening with your computer involving the "S" word.  Not trying to scare you out of playing the game, since there's a good number of people who are having good luck with playing it and have no problems with it... just want you to play it safe when it comes to something that "iffy".  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: