Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:57:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making An Uploaded Sim Base Game Compatible  (Read 1590 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
erica_jean698

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 09:14:08 am »

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a situation and I was hoping someone on here might help me.  I uploaded a couple of sims for a contest on this site.  It was my thought to share the sims in order to make the game more interesting.

The problem is, a few people are unable to download my sims.  I have all of the EP's and the stuff packs.  What can I say?  I'm a completest.  Other people have only the base game or just an EP or two.

So I would like to find a way to make my sims base game compatible, as hopefully that's the problem.  Some other people were able to download my sims, so I know it's not a problem with the files.

I used the Freetime Bodyshop to package them.  Would it help if I stripped them of the CC and used the basic Bodyshop to package them?

I've never done this before so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Smiley

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 09:42:27 am »

Hmm... usually just packaging them with a base-game outfit and hair would solve that problem.  (and of course, getting rid of any EP related make-up, accessories, and genetics.)  That, and if they aren't using Sims2Pack Clean Installer to unpack the sims, that could factor in a whole lot.  :smile bi:

erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 10:11:35 am »

Thanks for answering Tenshii!

Well I told her to use Clean Installer, which is what I always use.  She just keeps on asking me to "post a link to them in a bodyshop file."  

I'm not even completely sure what she means by that.  How is a bodyshop file different then what I would get using Sims2Pack?  

I suppose I will try to just make my sims base game and see if that works.  I suppose it's probably impossible to know what accessories, make-up and so on are base game or not.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:29:30 am »

Quote from: erica_jean698;1272461
Well I told her to use Clean Installer, which is what I always use.  She just keeps on asking me to "post a link to them in a bodyshop file."  

I'm not even completely sure what she means by that.  How is a bodyshop file different then what I would get using Sims2Pack?

:scratch: Huh... it IS a bodyshop file... unless she means so she won't have to unpack it herself and go through the trouble.  That just means you'd have to find the .package file in the SavedSims folder for that sim... but it's truly difficult to tell which sim you're looking for, unless you know the exact date and time you made the sim in Bodyshop.  Even then, you only have the sim itself, not all the clothing, genetics, etc.  It's easier just to have it packed up through Bodyshop and opened with Clean Installer.  Or, if it's just anything involving "laziness" in the matter, it just means you end up doing the unpacking yourself, add the unpacked files in a new folder, and then compress that folder to a .rar or .zip file.  I find myself doing that nowdays, just to avoid the whole process myself when putting my sims in-game.  That, and at least I'll know which ones are which since the names are on the folders.  :lol:

Quote from: erica_jean698;1272461
I suppose I will try to just make my sims base game and see if that works.  I suppose it's probably impossible to know what accessories, make-up and so on are base game or not.

It shouldn't be that hard.  Unless it's custom content you're worried about.  All the Maxis content that's base-game doesn't have a symbol on it and usually found at the butt end of the thumbnail previews, so that's a start.  Sad thing is, it's only glasses, though.  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:31:54 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:38:26 pm »

You know, even if you make the sim with base game stuff, you're still using the FT bodyshop to package it, and that's what counts. I've tried package sims I made way back when NL was new and passing them on to people who had NL only, and they were running into problem because I packaged it with the FT bodyshop. Like Tenshii said, the sim2pack is a bodyshop file.

She'll have to use Clean Installer to unpackage the file. That's the only way I know of around it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 10:43:49 am »

Thanks Joy and Tenshii. Smiley  I appreciate both of your replies.  I actually went in SimPE extracted the sim.  That way you can name the file you put in your saved sims folder anything you want.  Well that still didn't work, so there is something in the package that's messing her up.

I'm not sure she completely understand how to use Clean Installer, being new to this whole process.

Fortunately Nextor made a generous offer to try and make it base game compatible.  Hopefully he's succeed. The whole sim thing is currently a learning process. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: