Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:34:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat litter box cleanable by pregnant Sims  (Read 8652 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:48:57 am »

* Compatibility: Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Apartment Life
* Modifications: Semi-Global (affects all litter boxes)
* Hack Version#: 1.0

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
Allows cat litter boxes to be cleaned by all Sims, even if they are pregnant.

Effects
~~~~~~~
Originally, the game did not allow pregnant Sims to clean a litter box.

Some people at the official EA forums said that it was probably coded like that on purpose.  They claim that cat litter contains some chemical (or parasites) that is dangerous to pregnant people or their babies.  That sounds stupid to me since there are many brands of cat litter, some of which are all natural probably consisting of just saw dust or wood chips.  Anyway, a pregnant person doesn't fondle the litter; they just scoop it into the trash and then fill up the box from a bag of litter.  So where is the danger?  They could even wear gloves when changing the litter.

Now your beloved kitty can have fresh litter even in a house with only one Sim, who just happens to be pregnant.

* df_cat_litter_box_cleanable_by_pregnant_sims.rar (1.01 KB - downloaded 481 times.)

* litter.jpg (26.22 KB, 464x408 - viewed 1279 times.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:08:25 pm by nobody7382 » Logged
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:23:21 pm »

another great fix for an EAxis cock-up :thumbup: thanks

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 03:31:42 pm »

:smile:Thank you!!! Yes...My single pregnant Sim with Kitty thanks you too!!!

Live Laugh Love
Mellisenda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:58:58 pm »

Actually, used cat litter is dangerous for both pregnant women and cancer patients in real life. I've been both; a recent severe cancer survivor strictly instructed to remove any and all litter boxes from our house while I was going through chemo therapy and recovering from it, and I was instructed not to clean our cat litter while pregnant with my son.

The ammonia and bacteria in the used litter pose a very large health threat to people, and fetuses, with weak or developing immune systems. Smiley

Melissa
Krazie_Kc87

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:49:41 pm »

Also I heard it isn't so much the litter but it is the Urine mixed with the litter
Dragon Slave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 08:26:52 pm »

Quote from: Mellisenda;1273695
Actually, used cat litter is dangerous for both pregnant women and cancer patients in real life. I've been both; a recent severe cancer survivor strictly instructed to remove any and all litter boxes from our house while I was going through chemo therapy and recovering from it, and I was instructed not to clean our cat litter while pregnant with my son.

The ammonia and bacteria in the used litter pose a very large health threat to people, and fetuses, with weak or developing immune systems. Smiley

Agreed.  If the risk wasn't serious, no one would care to follow precautions in real life.  I've never been pregnant, but everyone I know who has and had cats at the time did not touch the litter boxes, but had family members change it for them instead.  

Different brands and materials for litter don't matter, because the risk comes from the cat feces itself.  Apparently cats often carry a parasite in their intestines which is passed into their feces. If the pregnant woman comes in contact with it, or even breathes it in, she could develop toxoplasmosis which has severe effects on the developing fetus, resulting in misscarriage or stillbrith, as well as complications such as blindness and mental retardation.

So yes, she could wear gloves, and a mask for that matter as well, but what decent woman with her unborn child's best interest in mind would want to risk it?

Of course, sims are just sims, so it doesn't matter.  But I was actually thrilled to see that my pregnant sims couldn't change litter, because it meant that Maxis paid attention for once.  That's something theyve slacked off on lately, and I wasn't expecting them to care enough to remember that pregnant woman shouldn't change litter boxes.  

But since no real risk is involved in the game, I suppose it's a personal preference.  I imagine it would suck if your sim had no one else to change it for them, and had to deal with it stinking up their room score till they finally gave birth.  Smiley
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 08:31:22 pm »

Thanks for sharing.

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
vyksin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 02:29:39 pm »

Nobody1382 I know you worked very hard to provide this mod for those who wanted it and I thank you for your efforts.That being said I agree with Dragon Slave I was thrilled with that aspect of the game.That adds a little extra realism to the game.Does the maid clean the litter box? I never really thought about it before.If not then yes a single prego with kitties would need this. So its good to know something like this has been created,just in case.

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children.
brad2006

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 06:03:20 pm »

I think the reason is pregnant sims was supposed to not be able to hunch(whatever you call it) to clean it
Dark_Author

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 07:47:22 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty sure its not the litter thats the problem.  Its a parasite that is often found in cat feces called toxoplasmosis and it can be contracted in many ways, but te easiest is by having contact with cat poo.  Because it is unhealthy to both the expectant mother, and the unborn baby, I can understand why this behavior was not included in the game.  Maxis obviously didn't want any pregnant women to think that this was safe to do.

Heres a link about this:  http://www.justmommies.com/articles/toxoplasmosis-cat-litter.shtml
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 07:12:35 am »

Actually, I'm pretty sure its not the litter thats the problem.  Its a parasite that is often found in cat feces called toxoplasmosis and it can be contracted in many ways, but te easiest is by having contact with cat poo.  Because it is unhealthy to both the expectant mother, and the unborn baby, I can understand why this behavior was not included in the game.  Maxis obviously didn't want any pregnant women to think that this was safe to do.

Heres a link about this:  http://www.justmommies.com/articles/toxoplasmosis-cat-litter.shtml

I'm pretty sure this is correct, mainly for the reasons you've given. Also, allow me to add people with compromised immunity systems to the list.

But either way, props are in order for this hack. Now our Sims can care less about doctor's orders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: