Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 05:28:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Furniture and Hacks not showing in game.  (Read 1786 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2008, 08:30:14 pm »

Great. Now it won't open at all. On the last few days I don't know why my game started freaking out and I was having major issues with it. It was crashing all the time, there were missing menu options for the sims in game.

I had just loaded the game and built a new family, CC was enabled I created the family all right. When I got into the lot I saw all the objects were missing, custom walls and floors were still there, so were all the hair, clothes accessories.. I remember that happening before and what I did was I left the game and opened it again and all the stuff was back there. But this time I tried doing the same and now the game won't open. The play window opens I click 'play' but a window pops up with no message just this:

I'm desperate, please help!

EDIT:
I just tried removing all the CC from the downloads folder and placed it on my desktop and tried to run the game again. And I got the same error.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:42:50 pm by ilovecigs » Logged

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:29:06 pm »

no one? really? oh my I'm starting to freak out.

I tried again to open my game after deleting the cache files and it did open. But the custom furniture and hacks aren't showing in game.

Anyone? :sad5:

EDIT:
I have no clue if this would be related to my problems at all but I just downloaded the FreeTime patch. I know it supposed to fix things but by now, comming from Maxis I really don't know anymore. :cry:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:41:49 pm by ilovecigs » Logged

Want me? Go get me!
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 10:25:30 pm »

As you can see the custom content like custom skintones, clothes and hair show up fine. Just the objects are flashing blue and they wont show on the buy mode.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:43:38 pm by ilovecigs » Logged

Want me? Go get me!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »

No offense, but you kinda didn't give a whole lot of time in between for people to get online and read your problem here.  :lol:

Did you ever download the newest CEP?  And you may have to restart your game again (or several more times if it doesn't work the second time) and see if the content will show up as it's supposed to.  Making sure that your Game Options menu has the custom content pop-up disabled and the "show custom content in catalogs" content set to "on" will help... because sometimes the game will "reset" options to settings prior to the new changes if it's not closed down all the way, or crashes in mid-play.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:01:11 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 11:46:03 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1273981
No offense, but you kinda didn't give a whole lot of time in between for people to get online and read your problem here.  :lol:

Did you ever download the newest CEP?  And you may have to restart your game again (or several more times if it doesn't work the second time) and see if the content will show up as it's supposed to.  Making sure that your Game Options menu has the custom content pop-up disabled and the "show custom content in catalogs" content set to "on" will help... because sometimes the game will "reset" options to settings prior to the new changes if it's not closed down all the way, or crashes in mid-play.  Wink

Offense not taken, the thing is I was trying to fix it without help but it wasn't really working and I was just updating what I could find out to make it easier for people to help me, idk.

I did download the knew CEP today, I think I saw a post you made telling someone to do it, so i thought I should do it too. Cheesy (thanks for that Tongue) I had to delete the cache file a couple times and run the game and quit like, 5 times. But it's finally working! The game will probably freak out again soon because I don't think I really fixed the problem.

And the 'selectable' option still not showing on the target sim menu (which is very frustrating) :smt120

Want me? Go get me!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:56:11 am »

Do you have any other mods besides the InSIMenator and InTeenimater?  May be one that has something to do with adding/modifying certain options in the sims' interactions, or something close to that effect... :dontknow:

(ETA:  :lol:  Never mind the above, I see ancient is helping you in your other thread asking the same question.  Wink )
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:59:44 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: