Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:14:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEVER FAMILY TIES???  (Read 1258 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dragonfly21

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:32:23 pm »

Hi,
      -I need to know how to sever family ties. Ok, so I created this family, just a man and a woman married. Then I made the wife have two alien babys (with that option on insimenator, that you can have a baby with that pollination tech. guy) so now on the family tree it show that pollination tech. alien guy as there father. But now what I want to do is make it so her husband is there father, and not that alien guy. I heard there is a way to "sever family ties?"
      -I need "step-by-step" instructions on how to make it so the husband can show up as there father on the family tree, and not alien, pollination tech. as there father.Thanks, I hope you can help me.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:46:20 pm by dragonfly21 » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:42:04 pm »

It can be done with the Insim.  Just read the documentation on this site which explain how to achieve this.
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »

You might have to wait till the babies are toddlers though or grow them up first, as in my experience making babies selectable to do this can crash your game.
Okay so once you've made your toddler the active sim spawn the family tree, then have your toddlers one at a time click on the family tree/vase and choose 'sever family ties'. I think the alien guy has to be on the lot for him to show up as a choice to be severed, so you might have to use the summoner first to to summon him. Now when you go into relationships panel the alien guy should not have the family icon in his thumbnail and will no longer be the toddler's father. You can then have your active toddler click on the family tree again and choose 'Set as parent'- You should be able to choose the mother's husband as the father (again as long as he is on the lot)

hope this has not been too confusing!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:51:27 pm by Prudensh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: