Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:18:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Sonja, the she-devil with a sword!  (Read 19247 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
WayAce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 02:29:53 am »

Good work thank you for sharing
rdm1052

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 04:08:14 pm »

The outfit is almost perfect,  but the hair and face is not RED SONJA!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 05:47:39 pm »

First, we'll ignore, for a moment, that this sim was created over two years ago and the author hasn't logged in since Sept of that year .

You say you don't think she looks like Red Sonja, but you don't give any constructive tips on how they may have improved it, which is the whole point of giving constructive criticism. Not only that, but you resort to shouting (all caps) which is considered rude.

The outfit is almost perfect,  but the hair and face is not RED SONJA!

Far better and less abrasive would have been, perhaps, "The out is almost perfect, but I might have made her jaw/mouth/nose/eyes/whatever more *insert suggested change here* to make her look more like how I see Red Sonja."

Now, in sims0727's defense, the comic has been drawn by so many different artists and they're all different. In fact, the only consistency is she has red hair, blue eyes and a chain mail bikini. She is a fictional character open to individual artist interpretation. She was played, in the 1985 movie, by Brigitte Nielsen and now, apparently, will be played in a new movie by Rose McGowan (or, if rumor is true, Megan Fox). None of these actresses look remotely alike. Go ahead and Google her. You'll find a lot of art and no artist draws her the same, but I'll bet you'll find sim0727's version of Red Sonja looks like at least one artist's interpretation. In fact, they probably have their own favorite artist they based their version on. Does she look exactly like how I picture the character? No. Did I look at this sim and say "Oh, that's Red Sonja"? Yes, and that's the whole point.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rdm1052

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 09:36:36 pm »

The face is all wrong.  You want to improve her?  Look her up on the net.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 10:20:52 pm »

You want to improve her?  Look her up on the net.

Since I already suggested you Google her, don't you think it makes sense I did too?

The comic is over thirty years old and she looks nothing like she did in her first appearance in Conan. Not only that, but over those thirty years she's been drawn by hundreds of different artists who all had their own take on what she looked like. It's a character open to individual interpretation, to a degree. I'll repeat, the only real consistencies in the comics have been her red hair, blue eyes and chain mail armour. Some artists have given her strong, angular features and others have given her softer, rounder features. The OP probably has their own favourite artist's rendition they based this sim on.

I didn't say I wanted to improve her. You're the one saying she's wrong. You want to improve her? By all means, make her. Simple as that. It's not that this sim looks nothing like Red Sonja, it doesn't look like what you think Red Sonja should look like. This is just the creator's interpretation of her and it may not be what I would have made her look like but, as far as I'm concerned, it looks fine.

Once again, I'll rephrase what I said in my last post. You say she she doesn't look like Red Sonja and the face is wrong but you give no constructive tips on how to make it better. We welcome constructive criticism and acknowledge not every upload will be liked by everyone and that's fine; however, if you have nothing helpful to say, don't say it. Simple formula.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: