Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:00:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Confused~ The Kat White Legacy (Chapter 10!!)  (Read 21312 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 10:08:39 am »

Yay! I'm gunna start writing my legacy as well, but right now i'm playing it. Cheesy I am already writing another story, though

good job with this one so far

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 08:03:01 pm »

Man is this overdo!!  And you may notice a lack in pictures.  I'm a little bit ahead in my game and I'm running out of pics.  So the next few chapters may seem a little rushed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

Kat stepped out of the car.  She had been promoted last night- the night Henry kissed her- and had started her next job promptly the next morning.  She was exhausted and lonely, and still she was trimming the tree even though she should have probably been sleeping.  

While clipping branches, Kat considered her night with Henry.  No matter how many times she played it over in her head, she still didn't expect the kiss at the end.  She paused in her trimming and closed her eyes, imagining the kiss again.  It was a fabulous kiss.  

Oh, like you would know! Kat scolded herself.  You've never had a kiss!  But she did know.  She knew that whatever sort of life she had before, she had never had a kiss quite like that one.  Then she wondered when she would see him again.  Would he continue with the romantic approach or pretend as if it never happened?  Kat wasn't sure what she wanted.  Maybe if she saw Henry again, she could decide...

"Hey."  Kat jumped and whirled around, completely forgetting about the tree.  Henry was walking toward her, green eyes sparkling.  

Kat suddenly felt all the anxieties she had only a second ago lift themselves from her shoulders.  Forgetting herself for a moment, she ran into Henry and jumped into his arms.  

"Henry!" she shouted, then she backed away from him, her face hot and red.  

"That was a warm welcome," he chuckled, revealing his white teeth in a broad smile.

Kat turned her face away, feeling the blood pulse through her cheeks.  "W-what are you d-doing here?" she stammered, tugging at her hair.

"I thought I'd stop by before you went to work.  I wanted to see you," he replied.  

Her eyes widened.  "Y-you did?  Um, well actually, I got a promotion.  I just got back from work, so... I have the whole night."  Henry raised his eyebrows, and Kat felt her face heat up again, realizing how that sounded.  

"Well good.  We have plenty of time to spend together."  He pulled her closer to him and said, "Let's dance.  You were really good yesterday."

When it got dark, the two were still dancing.  Kat stumbled and fell into Henry.  He grabbed her and righted her before she could fall.  "Henry, I can't keep dancing.  My feet will fall off!" she confessed.  He chuckled, and she gazed at him admiringly.  In her eyes, he just seemed to glow.

"Well," Henry began, stepping closer to her, "We can do something else."  With that he held Kat close and kissed her again.  This time, she kissed him back.  She knew now that she wanted to be more than friends.  

Kat rested her head against Henry's shoulder.  Sleepily, she murmured three words she didn't even know she knew: "I love you."  She turned her face up to his, but before he could reply, her eyes shut and she fell asleep.  

Kat yawned and pulled herself up from her bed.  She looked about the peaceful morning scene.  The sun was just rising, casting rays of light over the glittering dewy grass.  The sky was a pale robin's egg blue and...

Suddenly, everything that happened the night before came back in a flood of memories.  She gripped her head.  No!  No, she had not told him that she loved him.  She had not cluelessly told him that.  

Kat looked down at herself, she was still in the same clothes as yesterday.  Henry must have put her in bed when she fell asleep.  Her face heated up at the thought.  She had fallen asleep! How embarrassing.

Throughout the day, Kat tried her best to keep herself occupied with cleaning since she had the day off from work.  Despite her attempts, her mind kept wandering back to her stupidity the night before.

"Ugh!" she finally yelled.  "I am going to drive myself crazy doing this!  Look, I'm already talking to myself!"  She took a deep breath and attempted to relax.  "This is what I'm going to do: I'm going to pretend I never said anything.  I am going to clean up and invite him over tonight and see how things go.  Then I will stop talking to myself!'

That night, Kat paced as she waited for Henry to arrive.  She had planned out how the whole night would go.  They would be friends again.  Just friends.  Kat swallowed.  Even if that meant hurting herself just a little bit.  

"Hey."  Kat turned slowly, trying not to seem excited.  Henry had his hands in his pockets and was looking up at her through his eyelashes with a sheepish smile on his face.  He looked absolutely adorable.

"H-hey," she replied quietly.  Everything that she had scripted out in her head had vanished.  

"So...I've been thinking..." Henry started before she could think of something witty to say.

Here we go, Kat thought.  He's going to tell me he doesn't feel the same and we can't be friends anymore.

Henry took a few steps toward her, until he was an inch away from her.  "I...I never answered you," he murmured.

Huh?

He wrapped his arms around Kat and kissed her.  "I love you, Kat."

Kat stared at him breathlessly for a moment.  Then she said another thing she hadn't expected.  

"Henry, will you marry me?"

He stared at her incredulously for a moment, then his expression softened.

"Of course I will."  Henry then swooped Kat into a kiss.

~

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 04:41:12 am »

Whoo! She moves fast! Cheesy

They're a great couple and there's just something really cute about the whole, innocent, fish-out-of-water scenario.

So will she get her memories back? Or at least a real house? Smiley
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:08 am »

God, Legacys are so much fun.. so hard to start out in the beginning though.

good job!

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 01:29:36 pm »

Memories...Well...I have something planned for her! Wink

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 03:32:57 pm »

Aw, so sweet and romantic!  Very cute story.  I'm lovin' it!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 04:24:56 pm »

Ooh something planned? I'm intrigued.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 08:02:13 pm »

Hurrah!  The second page!  I must be doing something right! Wink
Chapter 5 should be up soon, though it may sound a bit rushed... I'm trying to catch up with my game due to the sudden lack of pics.

Baby_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 08:56:46 pm »

haha, yea that was quick Smiley but so worthy of a really long "awwwwwwwww" lol

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. - Bella Swan, New Moon
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 07:54:24 pm »

Been a while, hasn't it?  I just got back from vacation...  so expect an update tonight or tomorrow..

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 01:09:05 pm »

Chapter 5

Leaning back on her sofa (She had one now!), Kat closed her eyes and relaxed for the first time in weeks.  She opened her eyes again and took a sweeping glance of the whole room.  Yes, room!  There were walls now!  And paint and beautiful furniture, and it was all just perfect!  Never again would she be forced to stand, shivering, out in the rain as lightning streaked the sky above her.  No more!  She was the owner of a lovely house.

Admittedly, Henry paid for most of it.  He had much more money than he let on!  There was a good amount left over too.  Still, Kat would continue to work.  She was being promoted quickly.  Henry found a job in the medical career path.  Kat wasn't even sure what he was now; he was being promoted even faster than she!  Who knew he had so many skills?  

That was another thing Kat worried about.  What if she didn't know Henry well enough to get married?  Were they going too fast?  Whenever she looked at him though, she knew she loved him.  Wasn't that what mattered?

For awhile her thoughts spun in angry and confused circles, anxiety gripping at her.  Finally, her thoughts and questions faded and her eyes shut.  What seemed like a few seconds later, in her half-consciousness, she was vaguely aware of Henry's arms wrapped firmly around her as he carried her to their bedroom...

Yes, bedroom!  

Kat looked at herself in the mirror.   She hadn't a single clue what to do with her hair. Yesterday, she had bought a book that had a bunch of fancy up-do's, but Kat only managed to tie her hair in knots.  Brushing out her hair again, she decided to leave it as it usually was.  Makeup was out of the question.  The last time she tried, she nearly poked her eye out with the mascara.  Well, at least the dress was gorgeous.  

It wasn't white, but the light mint green looked better on her anyway.  The dress was snug at the top, giving her a little but of curves, and then it fanned out at the bottom.  She felt like a mermaid.

Giving a little wistful sigh, Kat peaked out the window at the awaiting arch.  Little butterflies flapped around in her stomach at the thought of what would come.  

Henry pushed open the bedroom door a little.  He looked in to see Kat not yet in her dress, but still in her underwear.  Pulling away, he blushed in spite of himself. He hadn't yet... been with Kat like that.  

He took another glance into the room.  Kat was now tossing different cosmetics across the room.  Good thing, considering the mascara fiasco.  Shutting the door quietly, he went into the bathroom to inspect his tux.  

The wedding was going to be a quiet, private affair.  Although Kat would never admit it, Henry had noticed Kat was nervous around large crowds of people.  Lately, she also tended to be afraid of being alone at night.  He had questioned her about it before, but she insisted she didn't know what he was talking about.  Henry still couldn't work night-shifts, although it didn't matter to him.  He hadn't a clue what happened to Kat before she woke up, so whatever her comfort level was, he would cater to it.

Henry glanced at his watch.  The wedding was going to start soon.

The sun was just setting as Kat floated across the lawn in her gown.  Henry was already waiting for her under the arch, which had beautiful pink roses twisting around the top.

Rays of sunlight shined right on Henry's back, making him glow with a warm, yellow light.  Wind fluffed his hair and his green eyes shone beneath his long, light lashes.

Kat's heart skipped as she looked upon the perfect scene.  Picking up her pace, she made her way to him.  

"Hey," she murmured when she finally was under the arch.

"Hey," he said softly back.  "I love you."

Kat suddenly felt tears popping from her eyes.  They trailed lightly down her face as she said, "I love you too."  The tears continued to fall through vows...

...the ring exchange...

...and the final, tearful kiss that ended the wedding and started the marriage.

~

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 02:25:24 pm »

Very sweet and romantic!  You're a pretty writer, and your story is a joy to read.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 01:28:36 am »

Aw. That's all I can say! I lol'd at the mascara thing... :-P

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 03:09:53 am »

Awwww... *sniffle* I love weddings. Smiley
xpoetxgurlx

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 01:46:25 pm »

I love this story! I love that she amnesia! It adds a certin innocence to her... plus she's gorgeous! I wonder what the kids will look like

.:-.|Nahtrelle|.-:.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: