Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:56:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Confused~ The Kat White Legacy (Chapter 10!!)  (Read 21443 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 02:36:25 pm »

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!  I've been taking more pictures lately while I've been playing, so hopefully the picture drought will end soon, lol.  This one, has very few pics though.  The next chapter should have more. Promise!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Kat stretched as she slid out of bed.  Throwing a glance at Henry, who was still asleep, she instantly thought fondly, That's my husband.  He had been her husband for a while, but she couldn't help but think it whenever she woke.  

Suddenly, a wave of nausea washed over her.  A phrase flashed in her mind: morning sickness.  But what was that?  It was right on the edge of her memory... Hm.  No, she could not recall.  It probably wasn't important anyway.

Heading to the kitchen (kitchen!), she filled a bowl with cereal and topped it off with milk.  As the milk poured, another wave of nausea took her, but she managed to shake it off enough to eat.  After she dressed, though, it was back in full force.  She ran to the toilet, just barely making it in time before she lost her breakfast.

"Ech."  Kat turned her head away from the toilet and flushed.  She knew she would have to clean that up before Henry woke; it was the only toilet in the house.  

"You okay?"  She turned and Henry was standing in the doorway, looking concerned.  

"I think I'm sick," Kat said, clutching her stomach.  Her mind flashed back to those two words.  Morning sickness.  Was it a virus of some sort?

"Maybe you should lie down then.  I'll clean up the mess and bring you some food," Henry offered kindly.  

Kat nodded, even though the thought of food made her stomach churn even more.

"I have to go to work after that, though.  I could call in sick if you need me around?"

"No," Kat said, standing up slowly, "you should go.  I'll be fine."  She forced herself to hold her stomach to prove her point.  Henry nodded, still looking unsure, and led her to bed.

Throughout the rest of the day, Kat managed not to throw up.  She did feel queasy every now and again, but she didn't really feel ill.  What an odd virus morning sickness was.  

Those two words were nagging her, chasing her in every corner of her mind.  Morning sickness, morning sickness.  There was something she needed to know about it, but what?  

Then one morning, looking down at a surprisingly swollen stomach, she realized she wasn't sick.  She was pregnant.

"Henry!"  Kat called.  He was in the kitchen flipping pancakes for the both of them.

"What's up?" he asked, flicking his gaze to her and then back to the breakfast.

"I'm not sick, I don't think," she said softly, almost apologetically.

"That's great!" he exclaimed.  Then, he caught her gaze and he looked uncertain.  "Right?"

"Well... I'm not sick, but I am pregnant."  She waited, careful to keep her face blank in case she didn't receive the reaction she wanted.  

"Wait."  He removed the pan from the burner.  "This coming from the woman who didn't know what simoleons were just a little while ago?  How can you be sure?"

"That's different," she said, waving her hand dismissively.  "Some things I just know."

Henry's face broke into a wide grin.  "Well, I guess it doesn't matter how you know.  This is fantastic news!"  He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.  "You have no idea how happy I am."

Kat leaned into him.  "Me too."  And she was.  She was happy.

Once the morning sickness left her, pregnancy was pretty easy for Kat.  Sure, she was tired and often hungry for the strangest things (onions and jell-o anyone?), but she could still function.  Henry started doing more housework  when he was home, offering to do dishes and cook meals.  He even suggested Kat take a leave from work.  Tempting as it was, Kat couldn't bring herself to do it.  With a little one on the way, money was a necessity.  The house needed to grow to fit another family member.  And with a new car, getting to work was easier.

After work, Kat managed to shove some of Henry's turkey down her throat before collapsing onto the bed.  Her feet felt like they were about to fall off.  No, she wished they would fall off.  Maybe then she wouldn't feel them anymore.  

So, admittedly, working while pregnant wasn't quite a cup of tea.  It was hard to stand, and in her profession, sitting wasn't an option half the time.  Henry was being so helpful, cleaning and making meals.  Kat was sure he would make a great father.

It was late and dark.  The streetlights were lit, but they hardly made a dent in the suffocating darkness.  Kat's eyes skipped over the buildings and stores that were closed and to a pair of men standing side by side against a building.  Their faces were shadowed, but they seemed to be watching her.  Only her...

"Get them away from me!"
Henry's eyes shot wide open.  "Stay away!" came another scream.  He turned abruptly to find Kat in the fetal position, rocking back and forth on the bed.  Her eyes were wide open, but staring, looking elsewhere.  She was sobbing, her breath coming in ragged gasps.

"Kat?  What's wrong?"  She didn't look at him, just kept rocking.  "Kat? Kat!"  No response.

Finally he put his hands on either sides of her face and turned her toward him.  "Kat, look at me!"  She froze and the crying stopped.

"Henry?"  She glanced around the room.  "Henry?" she said again, looking confused.  

Henry pulled her closer to him and brushed her hair soothingly with his hand.  "You're fine, you're fine.  You had a nightmare."

After a few minutes of Henry soothing Kat, he asked, "What did you dream?"

"I...I don't remember," she whimpered.

"You were pretty hysterical."

"I don't remember," she repeated.
~

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 03:56:25 pm »

Ooh, this is looking interesting. You've thought this out very well Smiley

No requests please
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 08:03:09 pm »

Hmm. What's going on, I wonder?

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
emoscenesk8r

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 11:26:41 pm »

Omg this is great!I love it! haha so different from most legacies!

Adorkable = (noun/adj) an adorable dork:smt106
Come join the rpg Every rose has its thorn!
My name's Bailey!
Hey! Come check out MY SIMS!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 02:42:00 pm »

Wow!  A glimpse into the past.  Poor thing.  As bad as I feel for her, I sure am curious to know what happened.  Good job!  And a baby on the way - hooray!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 05:06:20 pm »

A legacy with a plot?
Or at least an interesting backstory. Smiley

I love the "What the-?" look on her face when she gets "the bump."

Still cute. Smiley
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 10:34:10 pm »

Ha!  See?  This chapter has tons of pictures! The drought has ended!  Hurrah!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

Kat woke up, panting and sweating.  Recognizing her own room, she felt relieved and exasperated all at once.  That was the fourth time she had that dream.  The fourth time she couldn't remember anything but darkness.  At least that time she didn't scream and wake poor Henry, who between his job, housework, and taking care of her day and night was always exhausted.  Kat felt like such a nuisance.

It was nearly morning, so she lifted herself out of bed and looked down at her massive stomach.  It just kept getting bigger!

Kat went to the kitchen to try to throw together a breakfast for her and Henry.  He made it seem so easy, but her tries went up in flames.  Literally.  She burned the omelettes she was trying to make and felt terribly useless.

"What are you doing, Kat?"  Henry asked in a disapproving and also amused tone.  She looked down at the smoky mess in the pan shamefully.  

"Feeling useless," she mumbled.  Henry laughed.

"If I wanted you to do anything, I'd let you," he said, wrapping his arms around her.  "But you do everything all the time, so while you're pregnant you should kick back and relax.  Now, how about I cook you something edible?"  Kat giggled, dropping her fiasco in the sink.

"That would be lovely."  She smiled brightly and sat down at the table, awaiting her edible breakfast.

When Henry went to work, Kat stayed home from her job.  She was too tired to go to work or to clean up around the house even.  After she washed the dishes from the night before and from breakfast, she felt drained.  Perhaps Henry wasn't the only one exhausted from her ceaseless nightmares?  Either way, Kat settled herself for a nap.

She found herself standing in front of a sunny yellow house with bushes lining the gravel path to the door.  Home, Kat thought.  Just as she was enjoying the warm scene, a woman with purple eyes like her and blond hair done up neatly in a bun burst through the door.

"Mom!" Kat exclaimed in surprise.  She thought she would never see her again.  Then she noticed the tears streaking her mother's face.  She was frantic, running, crying, and screaming.

"Sabrina!  Sabrina!" she screeched, suddenly crumpling to the ground.  Her hands covered her face as she sobbed.

"Mom!" Kat exclaimed again.  "Mom!  I'm right here!  Mom!"  She wanted to run to her, comfort her, but she frozen.  Suddenly a man with brown hair and hazel eyes stepped out of the house.  

"Daddy?" Kat whimpered, feeling herself come to tears now.  Her father hugged her mother and started to lead her inside the house, looking tormented himself.  "Daddy?  Wait!  Wait for me!"  She took a few steps forward, but the house faded and she was on that dark street again.  There were the two men, watching her.  Then, they started to walk toward her, and Kat felt a terrible pain in her abdominal.  She screamed.

Kat jerked awake, nearly falling out of bed.  She stood up, disoriented, and then felt a horrible cramp.  Contractions!  She was giving birth!

She crumpled, clutching her stomach, and let out a groan.  She was still confused from her nightmare.  What was she supposed to do now?  Where was Henry?

Just as he stepped out from his carpool, Henry heard Kat scream out his name.  Dashing inside, he jumped when he saw Kat bent over and clutching her stomach.

"Henry," she said, sounding strained, "I'm in labor!"  Henry caught his breath.

"Oh, that's good.  I thought you hurt yourself!"

"Well, I am in pain!" she screeched.  She gritted her teeth because of the pain.

As Henry tried to make his way over to her, Kat let out a shattering scream and...

...her baby boy was born.  

Kat admired her baby.  

How precious and perfect he was.  He had brown hair and purple eyes, just like her.  She loved him more than anything in the world, and yet she had only just met him.

The baby was named Felix.  Kat had named him that only moments after having given birth.  Henry was surprised, considering they hadn't really discussed names.  

"I'm not sure where it came from," Kat admitted.  "I think I may have known someone by that name..."

Felix's crib was set up in their already cramped room until her could have his own room.

Kat hugged Henry and looked at their son.  She was wondering what who he would look like most when she suddenly remembered the name Sabrina...
~

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 12:40:00 am »

Wow!  Certainly not your typical legacy!  I was on the edge of my seat with that dream - excellent!  Can't wait to read more.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 01:02:53 am »

Sabrina, eh? Oooooo...
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:57 am »

I try, lol.  Expect an update in a day or two!

erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 09:21:40 am »

Edit: I posted before I saw you had updated.  I'll go and read and than I'll comment. *lol*

Edit 2: Very nice!  I really enjoy the way you wrote, it's so involved.  I don't have the patience to do that with my legacy.  I'm really glad things are working out for her so well.  Though it does sound like she has some traumatic childhood memories, perhaps.  

I look forward to more!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:28:35 am by erica_jean698 » Logged

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2008, 05:23:26 am »

I want to find out what's happening! I have to say, though, I like her new name Kat better than Sabrina - just saying. Felix is a cute name. You've got me hooked with this dream mystery lol Cheesy

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 01:39:06 pm »

I like Kat much better too.  I always associate the name Sabrina with blond hair for some reason. :dontknow:

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 03:30:06 pm »

Felix put his tiny hands on the sides of the bottle as Kat fed him.  

Once again she marveled at how beautiful he was. When Felix was done with his bottle and she set it down, Henry came up and waved to him.

"Hey little buddy," he cooed.  Then he made a variety of faces and funny voices.  Felix waved his arms and giggled.  

"Well, thanks for that!  I was just about to put him down for a nap.  That won't be happening now that he's all riled up," Kat complained.  Henry straightened, embarrassed.  

"Sorry," he apologized sheepishly.  "I didn't know."

"It's okay."  She held Felix up to her as she rocked him gently, trying to lull him into sleep.  He squirmed, trying to face his daddy.  It was no use; he wouldn't fall asleep for a while now.  She sighed and held him out to Henry.  "Here, he wants his daddy.  Play with him for awhile so he tires himself out again."  Henry accepted the baby into his arms, smiling at how Felix waved his arms and gurgled happily at seeing him.

"Once he's tired, take him to his room.  I want him to learn to fall asleep on his own.  He can't always fall asleep cradled in your arms.  Though I know you wish he could," Kat added, seeing the glow of fatherly warmth in his eyes.  

Earlier they had managed to scrape up enough money to add another bedroom and bathroom to the home.  Felix's bedroom was too big for him now, but once he had toys and things, it would be a good size.

Kat heard a car pull up outside right as she sat down on the sofa.  She looked at Henry who was trying to slip out of the room with Felix.

"You don't have work today, do you?" she questioned.  Henry kept his eyes on the baby.

"No..."

"Then what is a car doing here of all places?"

Henry shrugged, a slight smile playing on his lips.  "I'm not sure.  Maybe you should go find out."  Pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes suspiciously, Kat put on her jacket and made her way outside.

She was astonished to find a police car parked by the mailbox.  She was even more surprised when she saw a friend from work step out of the car.  

"Morning, Kat," the officer greeted her.  

"Good morning, Michael.  To whom do I owe this visit?"

"Your husband," he answered, opening the back door of the car and reaching inside.  "He got you a gift, fresh off the shelter."

"The shelter?" she parroted in confusion.  Just then, he reappeared with a beautiful brown cat from the car.  

"Oh!"  Kat cried in surprise.  "She's gorgeous!"  She ran to where Michael set the cat down.  

"Her name is Heidi," he informed her.  "Take good care of her."  With that, he got into his car and drove off.  

Heidi was pacing and surveying the area with her dark green eyes.  Kat bent and pet her on the head.  To her disbelief, Heidi warmed instantly.  Purring, she butted her head against Kat's hand.  

Kat smiled at Heidi who was rubbing against her legs, her eyes none the less sharp and aware of her surroundings.  Picking her up, Kat took her inside.

Henry was waiting for her when she came inside the house carrying Heidi.  Heidi wriggled out of her grasp to go explore, which was fine by Kat, since she had another person she wanted in her arms.  

She went over to Henry and gave him a long kiss on the lips.  "Have I told you how much I love you today?"

"Mm.  Tell me again," he said, kissing her back.  He pulled away and looked at Heidi who was clawing at a cat tower Kat had never seen.  

"I put out some stuff I bought for her.  So, do you like her?"

"I love her.  She quite sharp, isn't she?  Beautiful fur, too.  Did you really find her in a shelter?"

"Yup.  All alone in her cage.  She looked really agitated."  He laughed.  "When they opened her cage, she leaped to the floor and took off running.  All the people who worked there were chasing her until she finally ran right up my leg and into my arms.  I have the scars to prove it."  He lifted his pant leg to reveal the angry, red scratches from Heidi's claws as she climbed up him.  "She's sweet, but mischievous.  No doubt about that," he concluded.  Heidi was then poking her head under the sofa, only to return with dusty whiskers.  

"I think she's perfect."

Felix was about as perfect a baby could get.

He almost never cried or fussed, even when he had a dirty diaper.

Still, the house was a mess.  Plates and bottles littered the floor and tables, but Kat and Henry were too busy with work, Felix, and their own needs to even consider cleaning.  

Even the cat stank!

After Kat had set Felix down for a nap, she entered the kitchen and vowed to try to clean the mess.  As she reached down for a plate sitting on the floor, a green, vacuum-like machine shot in and sucked up the plate.

Kat screamed, mostly out of surprise.

"What is it?!"  Henry ran into the room just as the machine was leaving.  

"What on earth is that?" she demanded, pointing to the vacuum-thing.  

"Oh," Henry said, obviously relaxing.  "I see you've met the CleanBot 3000."

"The what?"

"I just finished assembling it this morning.  It works well," he added lamely.  "It'll clean up all the mess around here, so we won't have to worry."

"Just tell me the next time you make some robot and let it loose in the house."

Kat was on that same dark street again, but this time she didn't feel scared.  No, she felt bubbly and light, a little giddy too.  Her vision was blurred, and she swayed slightly on her feet.  The two men were there too, in the same spot as always.  Her brain told her to run, but her legs didn't respond to the command.  

One of the men nudged his friend and nodded in her direction.  They started to work toward her.  She backed up a little, her legs wobbling.  She tried to right herself.
 Scream!  She had to scream, but her tongue felt heavy and thick in her mouth.  It was impossible to say a word.  

The men were in front of her now, and one reached out and grabbed her wrist...

Kat jerked upright in her bed.  The sun was up and shining, and the last thoughts of her nightmare fizzled away.  It was Felix's birthday.

Excited, she jumped out of bed and dressed.  Henry would go to work, and then when he came home at six, they would bring Felix to his birthday cake.  

Henry was already in Felix's room, still in his pajamas.  

Kat smiled.  He was a fabulous father to Felix, always cuddling him or lifting him into the air, high over his head.  She wasn't sure who enjoyed it more: Felix or Henry.

"You can't go to work like that.  I think you should hand him over and go get dressed before you miss your carpool."  Kat reached for Felix, and Henry somewhat reluctantly gave him to her and went to change.  His carpool was driving up outside as he left the room.

At six, a little before Henry had come home, Kat reached into the crib to wake Felix.

"Are you ready to grow up?" she cooed, cuddling him.  

She heard Henry close the door behind him as he entered the house.  "Yep.  Let's bring you to your cake!"

She and Henry walked into the kitchen simultaneously.  He stepped back to watch as she showed Felix the birthday cake.  

Blowing out the candles for him, Felix watched as each candle flickered out.  He clapped his little hands together, not really comprehending what had just happened.

And...

...he grew to be an adorable toddler.
~

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2008, 03:35:24 pm »

Woah.  That was the longest update I have ever made.  I am trying to make it go quickly though!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: