Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:08:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Confused~ The Kat White Legacy (Chapter 10!!)  (Read 20767 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:55:06 pm »

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Introduction

She awoke with a start, jerking up from where lay on the soft, dewy grass. Images of her nightmare flashed through her mind for only a second before they vanished.  Her heart still racing, she looked around.  There was mostly just grass, with one tree a little way away from where she lay.  The sun's first rays were poking above the horizon.

She stood up, holding her head as she did so; it hurt immensely.  Swaying slightly, she looked around again. A little while away, she saw houses, buildings.  Seeing them rose a question to her mind: Where was she?  She recognized nothing.  She remembered nothing from before she woke up.  Maybe she wasn't anything before she woke up?  Perhaps, she thought, someone over near the houses will tell me where I am.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:26:20 am by Medagic » Logged

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:32:05 pm »

No pictures for this- my computer went all wonky and I haven't a clue where they are!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

She stepped into the town about two hours after leaving the place where she woke.  A few early-risers were walking amongst the shops that were just opening.

Walking up to a man with blonde hair and a long nose, she took his took his hand and shook it.  "Hi.  Do you know where I am?" she asked immediately.

"Um..." the man stammered, surprised by the sudden question.  "You're in Redleaf Valley," he manged to answer.

"Really?  I've never heard of it," she thought aloud.  Turning on her heel, she left the man confused in her wake.

She wandered until finally stepping into a store that carried furniture.  Many comfortable-looking chairs were sitting by the door she came in through.  She sat down in one, not entirely sure what to do now that she knew where she was.  

"Excuse me, Miss," an old man with thick-rimmed glasses  addressed her.  "Can I help you?"

"No I don't think so."

"Well, you'll have to buy something or leave.  This is not some young peoples' lounge!"

"Oh... Buy?"

"Yes," he responded exasperatedly.  He held a simoleon in front of her face.  "With these."  She smiled.

"I think I have those!"  Out of her pocket she withdrew several bills.  The shopkeepers eyes widened.  He snatched the money from her and started counting.  When he raised his head, his gray eyes were still wide with disbelief.

"You have 3,600 simoleons here.  Now what would a young lady like you be doing with so much money in her pocket?"

She furrowed her brow.  She had to try to remember something again.  "I'm not sure..."  Twisting her hair she continued, "And I don't even know what they are.  Are they simoleons or money?"  Frowning, she continued to twist her hair nervously.

The man stared at her in disbelief.  Since she continued to frown he answered, "Both."  He then explained the connection of money (or simoleons) and buying.  

Understanding more clearly now, she rocked back and forth excitedly.  "I wanna buy something!" she exclaimed.  "It'll be fun!"

She purchased two chairs, a table, a bed, and three counters, all of which would be delivered to the field where she woke up.  At the register when the man was ringing her up, he commented, "I hadn't noticed until now, but, my!  What peculiar eyes you have!"

"Really?"  She cocked her head to one side.  "How so?"

"A very odd color..."

"Oh!  What color are they?"

He stared at her, dumbfounded.  "You're not familiar with your own eye color?"

"Hm...I don't think so."  He eyed her suspiciously before handing her a mirror.

"They're purple," he said as she admired herself.  "Actually...  Have we met before?"  He squinted at her.  

"Not that I know of."  

"Well you seem awfully familiar is all," he murmured as she turned to leave his store.

Stepping outside, she blinked at the now high sun.  Many more people were bustling about the town than before.  She was so in awe of the whole scene, she didn't notice a man running down the sidewalk until she bumped into him.  He stumbled back a bit, while she dropped to the ground.

"Geez, I'm sorry.  Here," he said reaching out his hand to her.  She took it.  "Wow," he breathed as she rose to face him.  "You have beautiful eyes."  She blushed.

"You think so?"

"Yeah," he murmured as if in a trance for a moment.  He cleared his throat and stretched out his hand.  "I'm Henry."  They shook hands.

'Hi," she simply replied.  He laughed.

"And your name is...?"  She frowned.

"I don't think I've ever been asked that before.  I'm not sure I have a name."

"You have to be pulling my leg," he laughed.  She lifted up her hands, looking even more confused.

"I'm not even touching your leg!"  She sighed.  "I suppose I could give myself a name."  She looked around.  She saw a sign reading, "Kat's Flowers."  A white flower was painted next to the words.  

"My name is... Kat White."
~

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:27:13 am »

Interesting twist to the legacy thing. Amnesia?
Cool, could just work. Hope you fix your pictures prob. Wink
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 06:03:55 pm »

Chapter 2

Kat looked about her new home.  It wasn't anything like the buildings in town, but it was home; it was hers.  She pulled out what was left of her money.  There wasn't a lot left, but it would get her by.

Henry had been very nice to her the day before.  He walked her home and explained some basic things to her.  Kat still didn't really understand taxes.  Why did she have to give away her money if it was hers?  Whether she understood it or not, she would pay them because Henry told her to.  

He had also told her to find a "job."  That way she could earn money.  Apparently, she could find one in the newspaper.  

Just as Kat was scanning the paper, it started to drizzle.  Tiny drops of rain fell onto her and the newspaper.  Soon the rain fell faster and harder.  The words on the paper ran; the ink stained her fingers.  

Kat looked up at the sky.  The rain was sinking into her clothes, making her cold.  

Suddenly, there was a flash and a bolt of lightning struck the ground near her.  A loud crack of thunder followed.  Kat screamed and ran.  

In her panic, she slipped and fell face flat in the mud.  

She sat up, tears welling in her eyes.  Where was Henry now?  There was another flash.  

A bolt of lightning shot at her tree, missing it by inches.  Kat whimpered and started crying.  She wanted the storm to stop.  She wanted Henry to be there to help her.  He was so wise and calm.  Then she started to cry at her altogether pathetic-ness.  

Kat cringed when more thunder boomed over her head.  Careful not to slip again, she shuffled to her bed, under the ledge of roof.  There she put her head in her hands and cried.

The next morning Kat showered and cleaned her clothes.  It had rained all through the night and stopped just before dawn.  

The day was going well, Kat had found a high-paying job as a security guard.  All she had to do was watch monitors and make sure nothing bad happened.  She was going to start tomorrow.

Kat had also been brushing up on her cooking skills.  

After an altogether good, yet somewhat monotonous day, Kat hovered around her phone, a slip of paper in her hand.  She picked up the phone and dialed the number on the paper: Henry's number.

"Hello?" answered Henry's sweet voice.

"Hi Henry.  It's Kat."

"Hey!  I was worried about you!"

She clutched the phone.  "You were?"

"Yeah.  The storm last night was pretty intense."

"Yes...It definitely was."  Kat told him her experience with the storm, tactfully leaving out the part where she cried her eyes out.

Henry gave a small laugh.  "Wait until it hails.  Now that's bad!"

For the next hour they chatted, talking about whatever came to mind.  Kat asked questions, and Henry answered them all.

"Thanks, Henry," Kat breathed.

"For what?"

"Just for talking.  Good night."

"Night, Kat."
~

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:59:18 am »

Awww.... Cute moments!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:54 am »

Tried to post last time, but I think Insim had problems.. anyway, I'm enjoying this so far! Cool spin on the legacy thing Smiley

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:07:35 pm »

I agree - very cool spin.  I've never read a legacy as an actual story like this before.  I think it's quite refreshing and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.  Nice work, very creative!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:30 pm »

Hey thanks, guys! Cheesy
You have no idea how much I appreciate the comments!!  Whenever I try to do just a normal legacy, I tend to get bored and want to write everything in so much more detail!  So this is fun for me.  (Hopefully I'll continue)
:toothy10:

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 02:59:59 pm »

Chapter 3

Work was simple enough; it was almost fun.  Kat caught a robber, and for that she was awarded 500 simoleons.  But that was all simple.  And for some reason picking up a phone and dialing was much harder.  

Kat's heart beast frantically as she reached for the phone.  She liked Henry.  She wanted to call him, hear his voice.  She really wanted to call him.  So why was it so hard?

Just as she heard the first ring, Kat hung up.  That was the fourth time!  She could not keep doing this.  Taking a deep breath, she tried again.

Henry answered on the third ring.  "Hello?"

"It's me, Kat."

"Hey.  Was that you calling me all those times?"

"Um..."  Busted!  "My phone was acting strange.  It couldn't get a connection or something," she fibbed.  She bit her lip.  Would he buy it?

"Oh," he said, without a hint of suspicion.  "Well, in that case, what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you would like to come by here before I left for work?"  The words escaped from Kat's mouth before she could think about them.  

"Sure, it'll be a pleasure to see you.  I'll head right over."

"Okay," she nearly whispered.  She felt like she might faint.

Hanging up the phone, she looked around her little home. Counters and the sink and dishes all needed to be cleaned.  Frantically, she dumped the dirty dishes in the sink and tried to scrub the counter simultaneously.  

Just as she was draining the bubbles from the sink and considering taking a shower, Kat heard a voice behind her.

"Hey, Kat."

She spun around, holding her breath.  There was Henry.

He gave her a warm smile, his green eyes sparkling and his golden hair catching the sunlight.  Kat remembered how he had called her own eyes- her purple eyes- beautiful.  Yet, they seemed to pale in comparison to his.  

Realizing that she was staring, Kat turned away and blushed.  "Hey," she finally replied.  

"You look great," Henry complimented.  Kat blushed even more.  "And you're doing great. You said you got a job?"

"I'm only a security guard at some...um..."  She paused.  What was the word they had used?  "Corporation."

"That's certainly nothing to sneeze at."  Kat giggled at the expression.  She was starting to understand what was literal and what was not.  

"I guess not."  She shrugged.  "Well, what do you do, Mr. Hotshot?"

He shifted from foot to foot and said breezily, "I'm between jobs at the moment."  Kat nodded and turned away.

“Still, I bet you have a nice house to live in,” Kat murmured wistfully.  Henry walked over to her bed and picked up a pillow.

“I don’t care what you say, this is still best done outside.”

She furrowed her brow.  “What-“  Before she could finish, Henry whacked her with the pillow.  She started laughing.  “No fair!  I’m unarmed!” she screamed, running to her bed to fetch the other pillow.

Henry came up to her.  “Are you ready yet?” he questioned.  

“No.”  As soon as she said it, she smacked him with her pillow.  “Now I am!” she announced gleefully.  Their pillow fight commenced in a flurry of feathers and laughter.

Afterwards, the two collapsed on the ground.

“I haven’t had a pillow fight in years,” Kat commented, breathing heavily.  

“Me neither… Wait!”  Henry shot up from where he lay.  “How do you know that?”

“Know what?”

“How do you know that you haven’t had a pillow fight in years?”  Kat scrunched up her nose.  

“I don’t know…  I just do.”  She looked over at him.  “Is that weird?”

Henry settled back down.  “Well, yes and no.  Mostly no, I guess.”  They lay in silence for awhile.  

Suddenly, Henry shot up again.  “I didn’t notice you got a stereo!”  He looked down at her, smiling crazily.  “I know a joke about a stereo.”  Kat smiled, glad they were on another topic.  

“Sure, let me hear it.”  It continued with them telling each other  corny jokes and playing games.  When it started to get dark, Henry suddenly said, “Let’s dance.”

“Oh no!”  Kat planted her feet in the ground.  “I am a terrible dancer!”

“How do you know?” he asked again.

“I’ve tried!”

“You haven’t tried with me,” he pointed out, a mischievous smile growing across his lips.

“I don’t think it’ll make a difference, but fine,” she complied.  He switched on the stereo and pulled her toward him.

Kat awkwardly tried to dance with Henry to a song she vaguely recognized.  She stumbled a few time, achingly aware of how close he was.

“Hey you’re not so bad,” he claimed.

Kat snorted in disbelief, but left it at that.  

Looking away from her feet for a moment, Kat saw her carpool to work drive up.  “Oh,” she said, stepping away from Henry.  “My carpool is here.”  She almost felt relieved.  “Good-bye.”

As she started to walk away, Henry stepped in front of her.  He had a slight smile on his face as he murmured in her, “There’s something I’ve been wanting to do.”  She opened her mouth to ask what, but he pulled her to him and kissed her.

“Have fun at work.  I expect to hear all about it,” he whispered as he pulled away.

Kat stared after him as he walked away, too stunned to do anything but put a hand to her lips.

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 03:00:57 pm »

I'm working on Chapter Four, so I think I'll get that up about... Monday-Tuesday-ish.
Enjoy! Smiley

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 03:31:49 pm »

Aw, so cute!  I really love the way you are presenting this.  I like the way you're taking normal game situations and turning them into a plot.  Well done!!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 04:17:42 pm »

This is cute. She may not have her memories, or walls on her house - but she has a boyfriend! Score!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 01:16:39 am »

Yeah this is really good! I'm enjoying it.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Baby_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:29 am »

ohhh, cool story! I like the twist, and it is very cute :-)

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. - Bella Swan, New Moon
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 01:28:54 pm »

Awww.  :oops:
You guys are too much!  Chapter four will be up soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: