Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:51:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game not loading  (Read 1312 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kimereso44

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:54:25 pm »

Ok so whenever I try loading my game it just stops halfway through and then it tells me that the program is no longer responding. So I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out. I haven't downloaded anything new since the last time I played the game. I have no idea what could be causing my game to freeze and any suggestions would be fantastic.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:03:18 pm »

You might want to try deleting your groups.cache file

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
kimereso44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:26:22 am »

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately my game is still freezing up while loading.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:28:33 am »

You may have a corrupt file.

Usually, that happens to me.

Another thing you might want to try is, go into your Thumbnails folder and delete those. The game regenerates them when you start the game up.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 05:03:02 pm »

And you tried deleting your Accessory.cache and cigen.package files, right?  :angel:

Also, if you compressed any files during the last time you did a disk clean-up, there's a possibility that one of them is borked, new or old (especially if you have any files downloaded from TSR, as they're reported to be "watermarked" and have a nasty habit of breaking if their file size is compressed).  You may have to do the "process of elimination" and gradually test out small groups of your custom content in-game by moving them to a safe folder outside of your Sims 2 directories, adding them back into the Downloads folder, and starting up the game until the crash starts to happen again.  Then test that particular group until you find the problem file.  Takes patience if you have a lot, believe me... Wink

There's also the possibility of the amount of custom content in your downloads folder, too, because the more you have, the longer it'll take for the game to load.  Try waiting around for a bit longer when the game loads to see if anything changes.  :happy8:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 05:07:12 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: