Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:13:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The game refuses to work now. Why?  (Read 1597 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
digni7y

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:46 am »

On Wednesday afternoon, I was placing several hot males that I downloaded from here in my neighborhood and quit the game. It went off completely normally, no problems whatever. When I tried to go back into it later, the game refused to work. I tried it through the launcher, I heard the drive kick up, but nothing. I tried it through Simpe, nothing. I restarted my computer twice and restarted with both Simpe and the launcher, nothing. I did a complete reinstall, still nothing.

Three things I did notice while I was reinstalling the game:

1. My computer crashed once while installing NL, which I then deleted and did a full reinstall from the beginning, and

2. My drive was making this godawful, LOUD grinding noise when I had more than 8 tabs open. I shut them and the noise stopped for a few seconds and then started again, and

3. I got an error message when ejecting my registered copy of the full BV CD and it said, "Please make sure this is the full CD and not a backup" or some such.

The kicker to everything is that the game refuses to show up under the running processes seen by ctrl alt delete. So, something is screwed somewhere, but what is and how can I fix it?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:22:49 am by digni7y » Logged

*Digni7y's Sims*

Like my cat icon? It's available at Sushi Cat!
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »

The hot males you downloaded demand higher EP than the basic TS2 (hair, clothes, makeup, etc). Take off (drag to the desktop) your Downloads folder, and see if the game works fine.

Suggestion: Install your sims as usual (to TS2), then open the Body Shop, and change their skins, clothing, eyes, hair to TS2 basic features. Package the files, and install them with the Clean Installer to the Downloads folder of the game. It should work fine now.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:02:33 pm »

Delete groups.cache and accessory.cache - that'll let you start up the game. The others sound like SecuROM symptoms to me (but take gali's advice too Wink).

No requests please
AdmiralAeris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:10:55 pm »

The first two symptoms could also be indicative of a dying hard drive (that grinding sound can't be good...)

Beauty comes in many forms... not all of which are visible
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: