Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:29:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My best Friend - Romy :)  (Read 7885 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EngelchenS

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:51:52 pm »

Ok, here is my first attempt to turn a real Person into a Sim... My guinea pig was my best friend Romy, she's very pretty and her face seems "easy" to me lol ( that sounds really strange...)
whatever...

Hope you like it, but i'll be also thankful for useful criticism!( e.g. that her face is rounder... i tried to realize this, but every time i made it rounder she looked like a hamster...)

I'm sry for the bad quality of the pictures but somehow my Photoshop won't work so i had to do them with Paint... wohoo xD

Thank you Smiley

@ tallsimsfan77 i tried to attach all the files, but it didn't work, so i decided to post the pictures first and the zip file later Wink

@ stast you're absolutly right Wink

/edit: Download !!! Smiley

* romy2oy9.jpg (14.08 KB, 304x579 - viewed 5675 times.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:31:29 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

:-|My way of life changed because of you
I hope you feel that my smile isn't true

they told me time is a healer healing hearts do bleed.
but there's not one glimmer of hope and so I sing my song...:-|
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 05:05:22 pm »

Sehr schön, Engelchen.

But you might want to attach a .jpg foto and a .zip containing the sims2pack file.  If you don't know how to do that, let me know. Smiley

Sigs are for smokers.
RainyStorm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:02:03 pm »

A very good attempt,but I dont think the sim does her beauty and uniqueness justice. Romy is very beautiful and has a very unique quality about her that would make it next to impossible to sim her. Great job though,EngelchenS.

Rock on or Roll off
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
jjjim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 02:26:48 pm »

A lovely simmie and a total knockout subject!!! Thanks.
dtbronzich

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:53 pm »

The sim is very lovely, and I have downloaded it, but.... I am not sure that it resembles the very lovely Romy very much. My wife has just pointed out that the jawline seems different, and the eyes are a little large. The eyes are indeed the right colour, and the proportional relationship between between the lips, nose and eyes are indeed perfect. We both think that this is a very worthy first attempt! Bravo.
RainyStorm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 06:46:24 pm »

The jawline I think should be wider,the eyes squintier,nose and mouth maybe a little wider. I agree with previous poster that the proportions between lips eyes and nose are good. Maybe use a lighter green eye color. Try MTS2'S top eye downloads. Dragon Mandy's new eyes of the month,May's eyes are a dead ringer for Romy's. I did a comparison of her and the month of may's eyes. They would work perfect. I'll bet if you made her lower face/jawline wider,eyes squintier and maybe a tad smaller, nose and mouth a tad wider,and use dragon Mandy's eyes of the month(May) you'd get her a lot closer to looking like Romy. Although you have done a really good job I'd keep tweaking her.

Rock on or Roll off
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 10:35:59 pm »

Great job on your first try--- it's so tough to "capture" someone--- the prettier/handsomer they are the harder it is!!!

She's a really gorgeous girl- you picked a harder subject that you thought there didn't you? LOL

I think you've gotten some good advice- keep tweaking her- you'll get closer everytime.

It's a real good job for your first try though- you're going to be great at this!

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
EngelchenS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:43:42 am »

Thanks for the commendation and for the good advice!!
I'll give it a shot this afternoon and of course i'll show you!!!

Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:40:25 am »

Good job. I love the hairsyle

EngelchenS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 10:28:33 am »

Thank you missaldith!!

So, here's the seccond version with dragonmary's eyes Smiley
I don't know if i like it -gg- but like danceswithwands said, it's harder then a i thought!

* Romy2new.JPG (14.04 KB, 310x545 - viewed 643 times.)

RainyStorm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 10:43:06 am »

It's a lot closer to looking like her. I'd make her nose wider where the nostrils are and her mouth. Remember it's not about personally liking it,but making the sim look like your friend. Missaldith is the queen of simming people. What do you think, Missaldith? How can she make her sim look more like her friend?

Rock on or Roll off
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 11:33:27 am »

Quote from: EngelchenS;1284919
I don't know if i like it -gg- but like danceswithwands said, it's harder then a i thought!

Definitely.  Although there aren't many sims that I can credit myself with creating, but I have made one where even on the third attempt I'm not very satisfied with how it turned out.  However, the sim is pretty handsome and "reproductive-friendly" so I just kept it as is.

Sigs are for smokers.
EngelchenS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 01:30:37 pm »

Quote from: Stats;1284935
It's a lot closer to looking like her.QUOTE]

Hm, that's what I'm not really sure about... but the jawline are the eyes are better... Smiley the nose and the mouth... argh... i would say thats the hrdest part!!!

@tallsimsfan , thanks for your support :happy8:  
I'm not losing heart, Practice makes perfect.

I'm hoping for some good advice from missaldith! And tomorrow I'll try to make her "better" Smiley

RainyStorm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 02:10:52 pm »

Make the chin itself a tad sharper without changing the width of the jawline. Make chin a tad longer too. Just a tad. Make the nostrils a tad wider without widening any other part of the nose. Also make the lip width a little wider. I hope that helps. The eyes are the perfect color now,and the jaw width looks good. You are getting there. Maybe Missaldith can add some help as well.

Rock on or Roll off
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
RainyStorm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:09 pm »

Sorry for the double post. The main thing I see is the nostrils and lips must be wider. The lip thickness is dead on,the eye color is now perfect, the proportion between eyes,nose and lips look real good. I just noticed something the jawline is to square,soften it up and make it more round without changing the width size.I tried to download her so I could work on her myself,but the download always shows her with no hair. It seems broken. Could you upload her again with a maxis hair?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:24:29 pm by RainyStorm » Logged

Rock on or Roll off
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: