Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:50:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: And then, there you were... *NEW* Chapter 2 --06/26/08  (Read 8350 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:27:36 pm »

This is my second story, the other one I wasn't able to finish, but this one I am determined to finish, no matter what. I'm excited to write it and I hope that you all will love it and comment it, leave me some feedback, etc, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
xx- Danielle

Introduction [/u]

-Ring Ring-

Running to the phone, Laura nearly tripped over Joshua, she answered the phone with a simple but out of breath “Hello?” trying to block out the noise of her screaming toddler.

“Hey baby,” Steven said in a low husky voice, jokingly, until he heard Joshua crying and his wife out of breath. “What’s going on there?”

“Hi hunny!” she smiled, “Oh, nothing is going on, I’m cooking dinner and Josh is exhausted, he didn’t nap today..” after a few caring words from Steven, she looked around the room. “So when are you coming home, babe?”

“I’m actually up the street right now and I was wondering if you needed anything at the grocery store for dinner, but hearing you are already cooking… I guess I’m a bit late on that one, huh?”

“Oh, crap!” she said, running to the kitchen with phone, “I forgot I was cooking, hopefully I didn’t just burn it!”

She heard Steven laugh a bit on the other end of the phone, “enough of that!” she said firmly then laughed herself. “I’ll see you in a bit.” They both hung up.

She hugged Joshua, trying to comfort him, and put him down in the kitchen. He went straight to where his toy was and played quietly, or as quiet as a nearly two year old could be.

Satisfied, she looked in the fridge to see what she could do for some dessert, when she heard the car door slam shut.

The house was a pretty cozy home, two bedrooms, a living room, an office for her and Steven, a kitchen, a dining room and one bathroom. She wasn’t sure if she’d ever have room for more kids, but seeing as Steven didn’t want kids at all, she didn’t really worry too much. Laura is always surprised that Steven didn’t want kids because he is just such an awesome father to Joshua, sometimes she thinks she is invisible when they are together. He loves that baby, and so does she, he was all they needed to make their family whole.

Steven came inside the house and right away Joshua ran up to his father, saying “dah-dah” as loud as he could with his tiny lungs. At his age, Laura had a theory that he talks as if he’s even younger than he is for attention, especially with his father.

Laura set the table for Steven and her, while Steven washed up for dinner. Josh went back to playing with his toys in the kitchen so he wouldn’t be too far away from his parents.

They sat down at the table and started to eat the delicious catfish that Laura made, Steven started telling his wife about his day at work.
“Can you believe it?” he said, a bit frustrated.

“No, hunny, I can’t believe it, and you let them get away with that?” She said with a smirk on her face.

“well..”

She knew that Steven enjoyed telling her about his day, and she didn't mind hearing about it, but sometimes while he was talking about his clients, she would have her own thoughts going on inside her head.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door, and then the doorbell rang. They both looked at eachother shocked because none of them were expecting any visitors. “What the…” Laura said.

Steven got up, “I’ll see who it is.”

Footsteps sounding towards the door, the door creaked open and a gasping sound came from his mouth. “Hunny…. Come here.”
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:49:18 pm by savemykissesx » Logged

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:08 pm »

I like it so far!  Your writing flows well, and your pictures go nicely with the text.  Good cliffhanger, too.  I hope you decide to continue.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:42:30 am »

Quote from: Astral Faery;1284154
I like it so far!  Your writing flows well, and your pictures go nicely with the text.  Good cliffhanger, too.  I hope you decide to continue.

Thank you! :] I've already got the next part written, now the trick is getting all of the pictures. I'm off to the gym, maybe afterwards I will post the next part. :]

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »

Laura got up from the table, and ran to the front door. She stepped outside and was speechless at the sight she saw.

10 minutes later

They fell into silence as they sat in the living room, the initial reaction of shock had surpassed them. What were they going to do? Laura paced back and forth holding the poor baby in her arms, while Steven sat in a chair.

Steven cleared his throat, “we have to go to the police.”

Laura coo’d at the baby and then looked over at Steven, “can’t it wait until tomorrow?”

“It’s not like an abandoned dog, hunny. It’s an abandoned child,” he said, emphasizing on the word child.

“I know, but I’m getting tired, Joshy needs his bedtime story from his daddy, and we could just let the baby stay tonight, right? We’ll call the police the first thing in the morning.”

“I don’t know if that’s such a smart idea, Law, where is the baby going to stay?”

“Couldn’t you go in the basement and get Josh’s old crib for the night?”

Steven nodded and let out a big sigh, he decided if it was going to be done, he better go get the crib right now or he’d change his mind. He got up and started towards the basement door, leaving Laura in the living room. Josh walked up to him, then plopped down, not letting him get by. He pointed towards the door.

Steven followed his sons finger and raised an eyebrow. “Flo… flowuh,” Josh said, still pointing towards the door.

He picked up the flowers and walked them into the kitchen, and left them there. Once he entered the kitchen he realized that they had barely even touched their dinner, and he wrapped the food up and put it into the refrigerator for later. He then walked down the stairs into the basement and finding the pieces of the crib, he lugged them upstairs into their room.

Meanwhile, Laura walked into the kitchen and found the flowers on the countertop. She noticed that there was a note inside, and knew it would probably explain the reason the baby was here.

She placed the note back where it belonged with the flowers and waited for her husband to finish reassembling the crib. She walked upstairs with Josh in her hands, getting ready to put him in bed. He was going to have to do without Daddy’s bedtime story tonight.

Steven was downstairs when Laura had finally gotten their son to sleep. She ran into the kitchen, got the note from the flowers and stuck it in her pocket, then walked into the living room. Noticing the baby wasn’t in sight, she figured Steven put her in the crib upstairs, as it was getting late.

When he saw her enter the room, he turned the television off and watched her as she took a seat next to him.

“Did you see the flowers?” he asked, and she nodded. “There is a letter attached to them, I haven’t looked yet.”

“Either have I,” she said, “but I have it right here,” she pulled it out of her pocket and opened it up.

She started to read it outloud…
“Dear Honey family,”

And with that, they were both speechless.

“Lets just go to bed,” Steven said and Laura whole heartedly agreed.

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:59:05 am »

Aw, touching.  I love Laura's reaction - thinking it would be easier for her poor husband to haul all the pieces of the crib upstairs and reassemble it rather than call the police.  Just like a woman, eh?  'Can't the baby just stay for one night?' LOL - you know she would'nt want to give her up after that!

Steven seems like a good guy, though, and hopefully will accept the little girl like his own.  Cute story.

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 11:09:58 pm »

Does sound like such a woman, huh!

I'll be working on chapter 2 tomorrow when I get home from the gym. Yay for days off of work Smiley teehee.

Thanks for takin the time to read! & esp. comment.. i love that

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:32:01 am »

This story's going places. Great places.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:58:05 am »

Quote from: SecretAgentZero;1286631
This story's going places. Great places.

Thank you! :] I like hearing that!

.meaghan.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 01:40:12 pm »

this story is great so far. i cant wait for the next part. you are a very good writer

Phillladellphhiiaa Phhhiiillllieess!
woorrlllddd chhhammps!

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:44:41 pm »

Thank you everyone so much for reading and keep up the comments, I love to hear what people think! Thanks again.. here's Chapter two! Smiley

The next morning, the house was in shambles. It was about 7am, and Laura was making breakfast downstairs. She decided that pancakes would be a good idea, because they were Steven’s favorite.

When Laura was done making breakfast and setting the table, she called upstairs for her husband. “Steven, breakfast is ready, and if you don’t get down here, you are going to be late!”

Steven was in the medical field, and working his way up to being a surgeon. Right now he is a medical assistant and Laura always found it funny that he kept his uniform at work most of the time. She worked as a substitute teacher at the Catholic private school in town, and she loved it there.

Laura walked back into the kitchen and got some cereal ready for Joshua, while Steven carried Joshua down the stairs.

He put his son in his highchair, and then sat down at the table where his pancakes were waiting for him. “Mm, they smell good, hunny.”

“Thank you,” she said as she walked over to Josh and kissed his forehead, handing him his cereal.

Laura sat down next to her husband and looked at him, she wasn’t very hungry, but she picked at her food a little bit. Meanwhile, Steven was shoving his food into his mouth.

“Are you going to work today?” She asked.

“of course I am, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I was just wondering,” she shrugged, “was she still asleep before you came downstairs?”

“I don’t know, Laura,” he said, coldly.

A little hurt, she said “Did you even look?”

Ignoring her question,  “Are you calling the police and reporting this, or am I going to have to do it?”

She sighed, and got up. “Don’t worry about it.”

She walked up the stairs, a little angry. How could he ask her like that? Maybe he’s right, she needs to do it before she gets too attached. Although, she already seems to be pretty attached already.  She picked the little baby up and held her close to her body.

How could someone just drop her off on a family’s doorstep and abandon her? And what if her mother was right?  

Steven called up from downstairs, “I’m leaving, Laura, and I’m taking Josh to his daycare, I’ll see you later on tonight.”

She listened for the car engine and for the sound of the doors shutting, he was not going to let her keep this baby, and she needed to talk to someone, to talk to anyone.

She didn’t have very many people to talk to, her parents had died when she was in college and she really only has her sister.

She decided to email her sister, knowing that Holly was at work she’d get the email faster than she’d get a chance to call her back, so after she fed the baby and placed her back in the crib, she took a seat at the computer.

Dear Holly,

It’s me, your wonderful sister! I have a dilemma, and I need your help. No, I’m not being dramatic, this one really is a big deal. Last night a young girl rang our doorbell and ran away, leaving a little two month old baby at our door. Of course Steven, who never wanted kids, is being very responsible by saying I need to call the cops and report this, but the poor baby. You know how I am, I have a soft spot for this little girl. Not only have I always wanted more than one child but she would just end up going from foster home to another foster home, and she’s just so little and she’s so cute.

Steven and I have been having a lot of issues, and you know that. I may have to do that thing we were discussing last week. What would you do in my case?

Sincerely,
                                                                          Laura.

Signing off of the computer, she rested her head against her hands, confused as ever. She went and picked up the baby, “Your going to need a name,” she said looking down at her. She then brought the baby into the living room where she just walked around, she was waiting for her computer to make a noise. She loved to see the baby smile, so she started to play with her.

All of a sudden, she heard “New mail” from the other room and ran over to the computer. She placed the baby down next to her.

Hey Law,

Wow! It sounds like it’s been a little bit busy over there, huh? Lots of drama in your household. I think that if I was had an abandoned baby at my door, I, myself personally, would keep this baby as my own, but you’ve got a family to think of, too. It’s not easy as pie, or a piece of cake.

We’ll talk more on that later, though. I’ll give you a call when I’m out of work, and I’m able to help you out with what we discussed, as well. Love you, sis.

Sincerely,
                                            Holly, aka your best sister, ever!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:58:49 am by savemykissesx » Logged

purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 10:00:16 pm »

I want moreee. Already.
This story is just too good! :O
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 06:54:28 am »

^Same here.
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 03:05:17 pm »

awesome!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

Ooh - I'm very curious about what this thing is they talked about last week.

Poor Laura!  Gotta be tough when the note specifically asked them to keep the baby.  Especially since she wanted more children but her husband didn't.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned next.

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 09:57:41 am »

Thank you all so much, i like comments and i love knowing people are enjoying it!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: