Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 01:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I download Custom Content?  (Read 1674 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:04:27 pm »

Now I'm new to downloading custom content or custom sims and the like so I have a few questions. When downloading things like clothes or items where do I download them to? And when downloading custom sims, like the celebs, do I have to download them to a different place? And like some of them have seperate hair you have to download, do I download that somewhere else too? I was trying to find this out, but I couldn't find any thread on it.
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:10:25 pm »

If the file you're downloading is a .zip or .rar file, unpack them using a program like winzip or winrar. You can save the zip file anywhere on your computer, as long as it's easy for you to find, of course. Unzip them to  "my documents/EA Games/The sims 2/downloads". If the downloads folder does not exist, create it.
If the file you are downloading is a .package file, again, save anywhere on your computer. Then double click on it to unpack it, and you'll get a pop-up screen listing the files contained in the package and asking if you want to install those into your game. They'll automatically go into the correct folder.

Once unpacked or installed, you can delete the .zip, .rar and .package files you downloaded, unless you want to save them in case something happens with your downloads folder.
Some .zip or.rar files don't go into the downloads folder, but that's ALWAYS specifically stated on the page the download is on.

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 03:01:41 pm »

Mod the Sims 2 has a section on downloading custom content, you should check it out Smiley
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Custom_Content

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:07:40 pm »

Thank you both. That was very helpful.
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:42:27 pm »

Ayla: When downloading files you might want to put them in your downloads folder but also have subfolders, so that if you have a curropted file or something you you will know what folder to take out without going through all your downloads.. per say...

* i just went through that, and i don't like it at all.* Smiley

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: