Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:32:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lossing files?  (Read 4563 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Shreix60

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 05:22:47 pm »

I thought at first that I might have had a bad download, I removed the saved sims folder, downloads and a custom neighborhood I had, that didn't fix the issue. It doesn't load, it will just sit bouncing in my dock. I'm wondering if it is lossing game files, I noticed on a few occasions that my CC files were disappearing that I know I didn't delete.... Any ideas?
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:04:38 pm »

How many downloads do you have?  You may have too many.  Also try deleting your preferences in User/Library/Preferences/ and look for all 3 of the com.aspyr.*plist

Shreix60

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:27:47 pm »

I only have a little over 2,000 the limit I think with a Ep installed is like 20,000. If it was the downloads it would  had worked as soon as I pulled them, and the body shop loaded up right when the folder was still there. For some odd reason that is the only thing that works. I'll delete those and see if that works.
rosidbon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:40:27 pm »

I think that you should do a fresh install of everything, remembering to un-install all files. Don't put anything but your mods back into the game until you have launched it a couple of times to make sure it is all working and then very slowly rebuild your downloads folder, starting with those files that you know are safe.
I am in the process of trying to find out why I can't make a new family, or buy any new clothes for my sims. Strangely it seems that none of  my clothes files are the culprit as the game quits even when I have no clothes or clothes meshes in the downloads folder! ! In fact I took every file to do with sims out, saved sims, clothes, hair, genetics and the game still quits when I try to buy new clothes. If I take all the downloads except for my mods then it allows me to buy clothes. I think that this means that the dodgy file must be in build or buy objects, but the game is not affected  until I try to buy clothes or try to make a family and then it just quits. It is driving me crazy and I have been trying to fix it for about 6/7 weeks.  If anyone can think of what it might be I would appreciate some help.
Thanks
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:48:16 am »

So it sounds like you know you have a clothes object in with your build, and its crashing.  You have to find it.

Try searching those folders using the keywords: cu, tf, tm, af, am, ef, em.  If the person who did the clothes labeled them correctly for age that will pick it out.  Otherwise try searching with other common words: dress, shorts, bottoms, tops, pants....etc.  Search just your build/buy folders and not the clothing one.  Its possible its jewelry as well.  Do you have BV?  Because if you have jewelry and no BV, that could cause a crash as well.

Otherwise if that turns up nothing start using the 50/50 method.  Put half of your downloads in and try it, if no crash, put the other half in.  One of those will crash it.  When you find the one that does crash, divide in half again.  Continue until you find the problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: