Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 07:43:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Won't Run  (Read 1513 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:06:04 am »

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I'm having a really rough time with my Sims this past week.  I have all the games and stuff packs (excluding H+M Fashion and IKEA stuff) installed on my computer, but recently, my game's been acting up.

I put a desktop shortcut that runs the game in windowed mode, and it was working fine.  I also have a shortcut pinned to my Start Menu and in the All Programs, both of those are set to run the game in regular mode.  Unfortunately, lately, the game won't run.

I click on any of the shortcuts I have, try to run it from the CD, and even went into the TSBin to run the game.  The Play menu comes up, and I click on it.  My computer makes the noise that it's going to run, the icon turns to a CD that shows it's reading the CD to start, but it just stops.

The game screen never comes up, I check my processes, and the Sims isn't listed.  I removed all my hacks, but it didn't change anything.  The game simply won't run.  I have no idea why this is happening, but if anyone has any clue as to what I can do to make it work again, I'd vastly appreciate it.

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:19:13 am »

Try deleting your Groups.cache, Accessory.cache, and cigen.package files.  Wink

Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 08:36:05 am »

Thank you so much.  My game now runs. Smiley

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:32:13 pm »

No problem.  Glad it wasn't anything in worse case scenario this time, seeing as the current SecuRom crisis is still around.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: