Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:34:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TWO problems! ~house hacks?  (Read 2542 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
YHsims2003

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:53:47 am »

hello everyone!
There are two major problems that are bugging the crap out of me!

Problem #1: There are some sims that cant go to work. It is time to either get into their carpool or drive to work, but once the bubble come up on the top left hand corner it just dissapears as if i cancled it or something. i try getting them into the cars but never works!

Problem #2: Almost all of my sims can't seem to call their friends anymore. They can't call family members either. Once they pick up their phones, the directory shows no one or just random NPCs. The kids pick up the phone and it says "i dont know anyone" but they do!! argh.

if anyone has similar problems or knows how to fix this, i would greatly appreciate it! i want to start playing again once i fix these. *sigh*
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:59:09 am by YHsims2003 » Logged

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 02:24:06 pm »

Sounds like the symptoms of an outdated Inteenimater.  Take it out of your game and it should be back to normal.
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 08:12:07 pm »

hmm, but i dont have an Inteenimater or insimenator.
do i have to have some sort of hack or mod for this to happen?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 08:53:33 pm »

Do you have any hacks/mods? If you've downloaded any houses or lots, you may have. Sometimes they package up with lots (unbeknownst to the house/lot creator). What I would do is pull out your downloads and see if the problem persists. If not, you have something in your cc creating the conflict.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 01:58:07 am »

*gasp* HOUSES?! yes, i am a victim of lots and lots of house downloads.
wow, they might be the problem, never thought of it! Thanks Joy and ancienthighway!
But now...
how do you get rid of house hacks??

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 02:00:36 am »

Run the Download Orgainizer or SimPe

anything in red shows up as a hack

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 02:32:58 am »

With hacks picked up from downloaded houses, or any other content for that matter, the name will be a 32 character hexadecimal name.  Numbers and the letters a-f.  Within clean installer, if you scan the Downloads directory plus subfolders, then sort it by Type, you can easily find the bad hacks by the 32 character name and NO type.  Those you will want to delete right away. (One of them could be the Inteenimater that I mentioned earlier or it could be any number of outdated hacks that you can't identify.)
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 06:20:36 pm »

It could be a outdated mailbox object in the download.  I had those problems when I downloaded a lot with a mailbox in the package. I watch out for them now, cause the mailbox might be for an older EP and don't work for your newer ones.

You can't delete it from the game, cause it will delete all your mailboxes. You can't find it in the download folder cause it has a different name there and I couldn't find it. The only way I got rid of it was thru Sims 2 Clean Installer. It is not in red so you have to search the packages, find it and delete it from your game.  

Hope that helps.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 01:10:35 pm »

wow thank you everyone!!
these problems will be gone in no time! thanks again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: