Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:28:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 Store  (Read 8424 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:50:36 am »

I wonder why anyone would pay for Maxis items when they can download free awesome stuff from talented creators on the net???
Maxis will release the new Sims 3 next year so why make an effort in making new stuff if we soon won`t be able to use it with the new game??. Well, that was just some thoughts and I think it`s all about money, don`t you??

http://thesims2store.ea.com/index.html?categoryId=10473&index=0

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:11:40 am »

Missaldith you have a point there,but also have you noticed that there is no word if people who buy the Sims 3 will be able to down load stuff and install it into the game to make it more fun we will just have to wait and see
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 03:12:48 pm »

Yes, I love the sims 2 as it is now and if we are not able to do the same things with sims 3 I´m not buying it

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:16:49 pm »

They're overpricing everything by about 100% and then some-I've gotten far better quality for free here, at MTS, and other places-plus the fact that they're probably loading SecuRom into the download you just paid for..beware of this ploy to get your money and into your computer, is all I say.

X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:55:03 am »

The Exclusive items are already on the internet.
For Free.:shh: If you look well enough even on some
sims 2 community sites.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 10:36:32 am »

Exactly and again I want to thank all creators of cc.
You make The Sims much more fun to play with. Your free work is priceless.

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 03:30:09 pm »

Just to let everyone here know that the Sims 2 Store is not what seems,you have to download the EADM,then you have to pay for those Items with a Credit Card,it is a bunch of BS(sorry about that)
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:44:39 pm »

Wait.

They're selling stuff from previous EPs and SPs also... :eh:

P*ssed does NOT touch the surface of how mad I am at the moment.  CHEAP BASTARDS...  :angryfir:

('scuse me there... but after everything they've done recently, respect on my end for them has reached negatives.  :roll:)

J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 08:22:01 pm »

Also... it adds SecuROM to your computer. Even the free stuff does. *sigh*

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

rebecah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:11 pm »

I heard that Sims 3 will require an internet connection to play, sort of like the EA Link Store works, when you purchase an EP or stuff pack.  I've purchased a couple this way and will never do so again.  

Personally, I feel EA has hired some people with very bad business sense.  The securom garbage has made me decide to never purchase another game from EA.  Unless they get their head back on straight and get rid of that garbage.

Concerning the new store ... it's just plain crazy.  Who in their right mind would purchase things like this for $4 or $5 each item.  That's just nuts.

The greed at EA is some of the worst I've ever seen.  Sad!  They used to have a good thing, but not anymore.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:38:31 pm by rebecah » Logged

For the best finds on the internet be sure to check this site for their daily listings. 

Click here
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:51:41 pm »

Ah, yes... mustn't forget the icing on the cake.  SecuRom makes ALL things from EA gooder. (not a spelling error... it's intended.)  :lol:

Back after lurking some more and doing some "research".  While I have no problems with them actually selling their own content, the sheer fact that they have the gall to go back and re-sell content already in EPs/SPs rubs me the wrong way.  Sure, it's good for the people who held off on getting those packs because they only wanted certain items, but for those people who did have to spend money on those packs just for the items, imagine how cheated some of them must feel right about now upon hearing about this.  I'll still say they're cheap for doing that much.  The items they have up aren't worth a dollar a piece, or whatever they have them set at.  :angry7:

Also, they made sure you can't edit the stuff, either.  I read on MATY someone tried to export a project with said content in Bodyshop and try to open one of those files in SimPE with absolutely no luck.  And seeing how borked some of those files are from a few screenshots, I'm not impressed that people won't be able to fix them.  That means either EA plans on doing that themselves (and making people pay to re-download the fixed copy), or just leaving it like it is and silently tell people to suck it up.  :lol:

It's sad that they truly don't get it.  They think they do, but they're way off.  And as hateful as it sounds, I hope it tanks just like EA Land and Sims Online did... but knowing how many people remain oblivious to how EA is (or know, but continue to have faith in them) I worry a bit that it may not happen.  :?

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:07 pm »

What is even worse to contemplate is that this is probably a "dry-run" for the Sims 3 content..where EA will control all the content, and will not allow any to make it out of their grasp.
That they're using SecuRom in their downloads for this stuff does not bode well for any future content coming from Sims 3.
They're flogging a very dead horse-and they have no idea that the simmers out there are getting tired of being used as wallets, not customers.
There are other games from EA whose players are getting very tired of their errant stupidity-Spore is going to be released soon, and it has nasty things in it-and you can bet they're going to sell that on line.
They must have Gordon Gecko's motto inscribed on their walls:
 "Greed is Good!"
They live by it, and their company will die by it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:23:42 pm by MaryH » Logged

eccentricgnat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 12:31:33 am »

Hi,

I wish I could show the link for this, but I can't remember if it was on an Eaxis board or where.  But someone had a link to a chat board, (I think the link was from MATY) maybe the new stores?  Anyway, they added up what it would all cost, clothes, furniture, etc to get the securerom   filled stuff...it was over $1,300.00. What is with these folks.  By the way, my understanding is you buy chits or what ever you want to call them, like for the Wii...then you can buy the items.  If an item cost 100 points...that equals one dollar. I think most of the stuff is around 100 points...but I could be wrong...got the info from whatever chat board I was at.  Sheee....my stroked out brain is on the true blitz...hmmmmm
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 05:24:09 am »

I agree with you at 100%

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Ghost Archer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:08 am »

I like to help people over on Yahoo Answers by giving informative responses.  I tend to keep within my area of expertise and this happens to include Sims 2.  The reason this whole store idea will work is that there are far too many innocent Sims players that believe EA Games is the only source for custom content.  Looks like I am going to have to redouble my efforts to steer the uninformed to great places like InSimenator.  The added bonus is that for each one I do, maybe EA loses a buck or two.  One can but hope.

Ghost Archer

The Wild Hunt

"Lead me, follow me, but get out of my way!"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: