Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:46:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 Store  (Read 8497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 09:50:51 am »

I don't think this project of EA will last long. With sites offering the items for free, simmers are flocking there to get them, I wonder how long will they last? The only good thing on there were a few hair styles (surprise I said good) and I got them now.  Didn't pay a penny on them, wasn't gonna buy anything anyway.

The objects are tiled wrong and change to older objects when placed diagonal, I don't think they will fix it either.  Ha, poor people/sheeple will buy this and find it disgusting. Don't matter to EA, they got the money anyway, and Securom on their computers to boot.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 02:40:53 pm »

I hope they burn. After everything I've gone through with the beta store I hope it never gets passed that. The prices are outrageous, the material sub-par and they are treating their customers like pirates because they think they have something so valuable to protect its worth ruining people's property. I feel sorry for the BBS sheeple who think that what EA is doing is ok. I've seen way too many threads over there with that exact sentiment.
The T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 05:05:07 am »

I asked 'can I recolor stuff from the store ?' at this thread on BBS and a lot of people said that they can not recolor them because bodyshop can not export them.

That is sad because I like a few cloth meshes and want to recolor them.

I am in Thailand so I can not buy them, but I plan to get them. Unfortunately this makes me change my mind because if I buy it I want to be able to recolor it.

HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 08:32:48 am »

I really don't have a problem with Maxis selling their own content,after all,aren't stuff packs just the same thing? I guess that's just my opinion:angel:I use Maxis only items in my game,even though there are some wonderful and very talented CC creators out there,the main reason is that it seems like my game hates anything that is a new mesh;and I just want to play it,I don't care what is in my Simmie's houses.

Lover of lederhosen
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 08:54:42 am »

I found this on the Sims BB. It's rather interesting. This person was pointing something out to a bunch of people.

Apparently none of you read the agreement that you signed to register with the store, and that none of you read my complaint to SM Lisa about that agreement?
When you hit the "I Agree" button you agreed to buy the license to use that one item - not the item itself, just a license to use it.

You also agreed to put that item on just 1 computer shared by no one. You agreed if you give that item to someone else that you must remove everything about that item from your pc.

You agree to give EA and their 3rd parties access to your computer to update the items, Securom on your pc and on every item, on the installer, and to update games, patches and everything else connected to that item.

If at any time EA finds you have violated any of the parts in this agreement they will revoke your license. Apparently the item will just vanish and also your game might as well because that license ties in with your game and basically says YOU do not own any of it - EA does and it is a violation of their rule to alter the items in any way whatsoever without EA's pre-approval. There was a lot more - but you folks can all thank EA and their use of Securom for getting total control over your pc.

And you people REALLY - really need to read things before you click I agree. Had you read it you would not be asking or guessing as it was all there.

I went one further, I copied and pasted it to my notepad and sent a copy to my copyright attorney to see if that was even legal - because also according to that thing is EA can revoke all your licenses anytime they see fit for any reason they see fit.

It's like you can be playing your game and then poof it's gone, or the next time you go online they can revoke your license if you post recolors or any of that stuff any where. I think they need to specify because we all write stories with pictures and post them - will that be a violation too?

I wonder how long we have before the exchange has Securom too?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 09:24:03 am »

Quote from: BBSer

It's like you can be playing your game and then poof it's gone, or the next time you go online they can revoke your license if you post recolors or any of that stuff any where. I think they need to specify because we all write stories with pictures and post them - will that be a violation too?

I wonder how long we have before the exchange has Securom too?
:rofl:  I often think of that myself.

Funny... maybe I should check the EULA that I agreed to and see if that's up there too... seeing as I never agreed to the EULA of the downloader they're talking about.  For some odd reason, I don't remember them saying anything about the third-party access in the older games... I'm going back now to check that fine print again.  Who knows, maybe I accidentally sold my soul in the process without realizing it.  Things can be tricky, I tell ya.  :lol:

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 07:12:43 am »

I think the PC gaming arena needs a little regulating, although I wonder if contacting our representatives in the Congress or contacting our reps in the Senate will help. I guess I have to try it out. Can't contact my Senator, he's running for President. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 11:01:52 am »

Quote from: lewisb40;1294125
I think the PC gaming arena needs a little regulating, although I wonder if contacting our representatives in the Congress or contacting our reps in the Senate will help. I guess I have to try it out. Can't contact my Senator, he's running for President. Cheesy

Bringing politics to video games has never worked well , see that Thompson game hater?
Anyway It seems EA wants to become the main shark of the video-game industry but I can assure that they won't! Thank god there's Microsoft Studios that can provide high quality stuff and always tries to solve the player's problem. There also other companies that will stand agaisn't EA because they know what happened to Maxis for example or other teams that were bought by EA, the game quality dropped quickly and the support becamed almost 0.

So I ain't spending my money on them!

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 02:15:10 pm »

The EA store is a little absurd, given that most of the stuff they're selling is from previous games, and the rest are so buggy that they're beyond use. For instance, the one-tile-window art deco drapes take up two tiles, as does an end table that only appears to take up one tile.

I didn't realize there was Securom on the files, too; that makes me nervous. After all the uproar, I can't believe they're still attaching Securom to everything that moves. Dirty pool, Eaxis, dirty pool.
cubanjew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 01:44:11 pm »

wtf? how did i not know that the day that The Sims 2 totally would go Paysite on us.. doesn't this violate THEIR EULA?

http://thesims2store.ea.com/

i'm fascinated by the idea of being able to get items without the whole pack, but for the most part i'm disgusted by this
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:46:24 pm by cubanjew » Logged

I'm baaaaaaaaack =]
[/URL]
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 02:58:55 pm »

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=85540

Thread already started with the same subject.  Wink  Unfortunately, they can modify their EULA as much as they want, seeing as they're the ones who made it... so it's impossible to violate their own EULA.  :lol:

sackman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 07:44:27 pm »

Only one thing you need to know about the sims store.... Don't do it! I thought I'd save $10 and download the Goth furnishings from Teen stylefrom the store 2 items did not show in game, contacted ea no response for 1 week, still waiting! They should have got all the bugs out of the beta version before opening the store! Stay away!!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 07:45:52 pm »

There's already a thread started about the Sim's 2 Store on here.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 05:04:05 am »

^^ In fact, there's already TWO threads about it now, because someone else did the same thing the other day.  Happy third!  :rofl:

Here's the link to the original thread:  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=85540

HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 10:06:10 pm »

I downloaded both the store exclusive sets(deco and cubic)and I would have to say that they really aren't worth your money,the cubic set is OK,but Glamour Life came with better items.The deco set is just plain hideous and the size is off for a small house,the greyhound sculpture was lacking decent textures,what a rip off! I feel like Maxis has forgotton about the Sims 2 for the Sims 3:smt120

Lover of lederhosen
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: