Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:47:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starlight's Groovy Adventures  (Read 5280 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 03:52:50 am »

Hi, my names Slim, I want to tell you about the coolest person I think I've ever met, her name was Starlight, how we met, and some of our adventures,  from long long ago

I hope you enjoy hearing them, as much as I enjoyed living them

while much of this story, isn't adult in the traditional sense of the word, much of the Hippy lifestyle was of an adult nature, we were known to do a few things, that isn't suitable for the kids to hear about, if you want to read about that, you'll find the same story at ISA, i'll tell you when there's something there,that isn't here, if you're old enough, and curious, you can read about it

also, I'm aware my resolution is horrible, there's not a whole lot I can do about it right now, please bear with me, I'm not posting alot of pics for just that reason

BTW, if you'd like a Starlight to call your own, you can find one here
well I think that's about it, with that out of the way, I think I'll get started, there's alot to tell, grab something to sit on, and I'll tell ya about the first time I met Starlight

It was a beautiful spring day, and I decided to stretch my legs and go for a walk, I didn't have a destination in mind, but after awhile, i found myself at the edge of "Old Snyder Woods"

Old Snyder woods is an eyesore, it's been an eyesore since I was a kid, overgrown with weeds, unkept, a place to dump your junk, or party at, recently it had become a haven for drug addicts and ferrel dogs

somebody would have developed it, but it was nothing more than a swampy little marsh that flooded when it rained, the lot was worthless, and there it sat, year after year

Imagine my surprise when I ran upon a young girl, in the middle of nowhere, selling lemonade,

now the smart man would have just walked right past, nodded, smiled, and gone on, or even better turned around, and walked the other way

I've never claimed to be smart, and I WAS thirsty, but most of all I was curious about what was going on

as I approached her, she began to wave at me, like I was an old friend she hadn't seen in years, it was to the point, I turned around to see if someone she knew was walking behind me, before I waved back

"Hi my names Starlight, do you want some lemonade" she said

i stood there surveying the situation for quite awhile before speaking, while I may not be smart,I am cautious

she was a cute little thing, but she looked a little "unkept", her hair was in a wild array of braids wrapped in a huge tye dyed bandanna, her clothes were battered she wore little round gold rimmed glasses, and had the most beautiful cheerful eyes, that I imagined would be pretty easy to get lost in

she had an excitement about her, i had never seen before, she sat there quietly awaiting my answer about the lemonade,on the edge of her seat, almost as if I were ready to announce if she had just won the lottery

I looked down at the glasses of lemonade, the paper cups looked clean, the water was clear, there didn't appear to be anything floating in it, I felt brave, and like I said earlier, I was thirsty,

"how much", I said, doing my best to sound like I was haggling a sales man about a Mercedes Benz

"how much can you afford" she replied, suddenly her expression changed and she became very serious looking,
it kinda startled me,
 "but if you don't have any money,"she said" that's ok, you can have one anyhow" and as quickly as it left, the exuberance came back

I was beginning to get a little worried that she was

A) unbalanced

B) on something

C)this was a hidden camera show and I was the patsy

I decided to play along, see where this goes

well hon,I've got the money, don't you worry about that, but before I can commit to a purchase of this fine beverage, I need to know a few things about it's manufacture

"sure, go ahead ,ask away", she said in a very busness like tone, almost like she was the mercedes salesman, and I had just suggested a volvo was a better car

"where'd you get the water?"

"the store

"did you get the cups there too?

"yup

"what about the lemons?

"back there" she said pointing back into the woods

"there's lemons back there?" I said n disbelief

with that, her attention seemed to wonder
"Oh you should see all the nice stuff back there, do you know who owns it? do you think they'll mind if I use their lemons?

I began to wonder if I was messing with her, or she was messing with me, cause this girl can't be for real

I politely interrupted her "hon, i don't think anybody will care

the good news is, i've decided to purchase a glass of your lemonade,

"cool," she said, a sound of relief in her voice, I reached in my pocket, took out a dollar and laid it down, and reached for a lemonade

"hold it" she said, the sense of urgency back in her voice " I cant change that"

"slow day?" I said, trying not to laugh

"you're telling me"

I barely held back bursting out in laughter, i felt like I was at the corner store shooting the breeze with andy the produce guy

listen hon, that's fine, you keep the dollar, I'm thirsty, you're the only place around, it's worth it

"you sure?" she asked, I reassured her again that it was, and she hesitantly said "well ok, but if you're ever back this way again, stop back past, it's on the house"

that was it, I couldn't hold back anymore, "well hon," I said with a chuckle" ya never know where life may lead you"

she nodded "you're right about that"

i picked up the cup of lemonade, and watched as she folded the dollar carefully and put it in her pocket
I had the cup to my lips,ready to take a drink when suddenly it occured to me
"what'd you stir this with? i asked

"a stick", I hesitated a moment and looked into the cup

and without skipping a beat, like she could read my mind and anticipate my next question, she held up 1 finger and said "but it was a clean stick, i took it off the tree myself, no dirt or nuthin

"sounds good to me". I said, and took a drink

there was something about her, it was hard to put your finger on it, almost a presence, you were instantly at ease around her, even though she had just met me, I felt like an old friend just back from a long absence

I looked around at the vacant area of surrounding woods while drinking my lemonade (which was surprisingly rather good, or maybe I was just thirsty, either way it hit the spot)

I waved my hand casually at the barren terrain, "so tell me, is this lemonade stand going to be a permanent  fixture in the neighborhood?"

ya know"she said in a rather serious tone" it's kinda hard to tell, alot of times people tell me to leave, and I have to go find somewhere else to go, but I'm hoping nobody does that here, cause I really like this place, it's beautiful here

I looked around at the cracked sidewalks,broken pavement, and Old Snyder Woods, overgrown and unkept, she can't be serious

a large boulder sat about 3 ft from her homemade lemonade stand, and my legs were beginning to get a bit tired, besides this girl was more intriguing than anyone I had ever met

I casualy asked her, thinking I already knew her answer "do you mind if I pull up that rock and set a spell?"

'Ya know" she said, "that rock looks pretty heavy, and it looks like it's been sitting there a long time, i'd just leave it, here take this crate, I'll go back and get me another, there's lots back there"

she had almost disappeared into the woods before I was able to get her attention, and motion her back, "the rock will be fine,"I said" i'll just leave it sit right here

"you sure?" she asked, "it's no problem at all"

I sat down on the rock, she returned to her crate,

"so" she said" where ya headin"?

I felt like I was in an interstate truckstop having a cup of joe

"just out for a walk" this was getting strange, i had to ask 'Do I know you?"

"sure" she said "my names Starlight, dontcha remember me tellin ya"

"yea I remember," I was almost afraid to ask, hesitantly I said" do you know me?"

" nope, not yet, you haven't told me your name " she replied

" My names Slim"

with that she stood up, wiped her hands on her pants and extended her hand very politely," glad to meet you slim," she motioned towards her lemonade stand "welcome to Starlights lemonade emporium" she looked at me very seriously "do you think that's a good name?"

i shook her hand firmly, "glad to meet you Starlight, and I think that is a fantastic name"

I sat back down on the rock, and quickly gupled down my last drink of lemonade

"and" she said "i'm adding apple juice to the menu as soon as the tree gets ripe"

that was it, I laughed, and the last swallow of lemonade came out my nose

at that, she gently hit herself in the forehead with the palm of her hand " I knew I forgot something , napkins!!"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:37:21 am by SlimSimsTs » Logged
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:51:40 am »

awesome! Rock On Groovy Man! Can't wait to read more!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:16:32 am »

Very cute!  I look forward to learning more about Starlight.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 08:18:19 pm »

Part 2
Grilled cheese

when I had finished my lemonade, i turned to Starlight, who was still waiting patiently for her next customer, (good luck here in the middle of nowhere)

"so where do you live" I asked
Starlight turned to me" back there' she said pointing towards the woods" I found a house back there, it's a cute house, it needed a little fixin up, but I took care of that, it's real nice now wouldcha like to see it?"

' I'll pass" I told her,

I thought back to my younger days, I remembered an old shack back there, but it was pretty beat up 20 years ago, surely it had fallen down by now

"com'on, "she said " i want to show you, so if ever you want to visit, and the Emporium is closed, you know where to find me"

with that she grabbed my hand and started dragging me into the woods

"hey" I said, "what about the Emporium"

"Oh, that's right" she stopped for a second and thought, suddenly a light came on " I know what to do" and with that, she reached in her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, and an old Hi lighter and scribbled "SELF SERVE" and sat it by the cups of Lemonade

"that ought to do it" she said, then stopped and turned to me " you think that'll be alright?" then before I could answer, she whirreled around and grabbed my hand again, "yea that'll be fine"

now normally I would have resisted, face it, at my age walking into the woods with a teenage girl arouses suspicion, but since there was no one around, and quite honestly, by this time I was pretty curious

we walked down a path together through the woods,

first Starlight would hold my hand so " I didn't get lost" then she'd let go and bolt ahead, skipping and kicking up leaves, then stop and twirl a few times, face towards the sky, saying things like " Isn't it so beautiful here?"

I looked around at the fallen trees and rotting stumps "sorry" I thought to myself" I don't see it"

after a few minutes, we came to a clearing, and there sat her house, it was the same shack I remembered from my youth, I was amazed it was still standing, and it looked like time had not been kind to it, yet it looked different somehow

"Welcome to Starlights Woodland Retreat, whatcha think" she said, standing in front of it proudly

" it needed some work,"she said" but I took care of all that, it was kinda small, and one wall was missing, I went searching for wood to fix it "

her attention seemed to wonder

" boy there's alot of nice stuff back there, who do you think left it there"

then she was back on task again

" anyway, I found this old bus, and I wondered should I live in the bus or the house, but then I thought hey combine them so I made me an extra room, thats the kitchen, I did a good job huh?

as we walked towards the door of the shack, I was a little afraid to go inside, afraid a strong breeze would collapse it, I gently pushed on her kitchen/bus addition, it felt surprisingly sturdy for the way it looked

"hey hon" I said,"ya know there's a flower growing out of your roof"

Oh I know" she said, "isn't it pretty? I think this one is pretty too "she pointed towards a thistle growing near the front door

"Starlight thats a weed" I said

"so " she replied " you don't have to be a flower to be pretty"

I couldn't argue with that

we walked inside, there was an old ratty couch, she had used  fruit crates to make endtables and a coffee table, she even had one as a dresser, with what few meager possesions she had inside,a matress laid on the floor

, and inside her "kitchen" she had a cooler and old pot belly stove,, although it was delapadated and ragged, thrown together with junk, she had done a good job, and some of her ideas were pretty ingenious

I'd have felt sorry for the poor thing, but she seemed so happy here, as she straightened the ragged curtains, trying to spruce up the place for her new visitor

so whatcha think?" she asked

I told her the truth, "ya know actually I'm kinda impressed, you did a good job"

her face lit up like a kid at Christmas "thanks she said, ya hungry?"

that was a loaded question, but since the lemonade was good, i figured what the heck

"kinda" I said, "whatcha got?"

"ya like grilled cheese?' she said, delighted I had accepted

you can make me a grilled cheese?" I said

yep

well this I gotta see "a tone of fake skeptisism in my voice

"well you just watch then," she said proudly

, suddenly she stopped, a little hesitant" but it's gonna take a few minutes, i gotta warm up the stove, is that OK?

"that's fine, i've got no where to be"

at that she was off, lighting the fire, getting a spatula

while she was busy in the "kitchen" I couldn't help but notice a bookshelf, well actually it was boards and concrete blocks made into a bookshelf, and a bunch of ratty old waterstained books, that she probably found in the trash pile, most people would have used them to light the stove, but she had them stacked neatly on a shelf

i walked over to them, curious about their titles,
i was amazed, Tolstoy, Twain, Wittman,  shakespere, there was even a book on astro physics, this girl didn't read books, she read literature

" so you've read these?" i asked

she turned around, pausing for a moment to brush a braid out of her face

"Oh my books, ya likem?" she said" I haven't read em all, but I've only been here a few days, and I've been kinda busy fixin up the place, but once I'm finished with them, there's a whole bunch more back there, it's almost like the library"

I picked up a copy of Hemmingways " a farewell to arms" and turned the tattered pages

she turned " that's one of my favorites" she said," i read that one a long time ago, I think it was 4th grade, but I liked it so much I wanted to read it again

as I turned the yellowed pages, the first piece of the Starlight puzzle fell into place, and I realized,

Starlight wasn't a scatterbrained ditz,

she was a genius

she had so many thoughts and ideas running through her head, it was hard for her to pick out just one and hold onto it

I remembered how Einstein had 7 sets of the same suit, so he didn't have to waste time thinking about what to wear

If I hadn't been amazed by Starlight before, I was then

by now Starlight had finished making the food, she came in carrying 2 paper plates and sat them on her makeshift coffee table, and went back to the kitchen

"you want some more lemonade" she asked, then paused for a second" it doesn't cost anything" then she paused again" the grilled cheese is free to, cause you're my friend now, not a customer"

I smiled and told her that I'd love some lemonade, and with that, she was off like a shot, and quickly came back with 2 glasses of lemonade, they even had ice in them, she sat them down on the table, paused, looked at them for a second, then moved them a little so the placesetting was straight, she sat on the couch, and moved a dried leaf, and gently patted the cushion
"com'on " she said smiling from ear to ear, "sit down, dinner is served"

I sat down on the old couch, shifting a bit to avoid the broken spring, and looked at the sandwich

given what she had to work with, i doubt Julia Child could have done any better, they were both evenly browned, cheese melted, but not oozing out

maybe it was the surroundings, maybe it was my new found friend, maybe it was simply I was hungrier than I thought, but that was the best grilled cheese I had ever had

as I said before, I'm not a smart man, and sometimes, I do things out of stupidity, and not thinking, and wanting to make small talk while we ate, i said something I wish I'd never said

" So where's your parents?"

for the first time in the brief period I had known Starlight, a look of saddness came into her eyes, and I instantly knew I had said something wrong

she paused for a second, then said in a factual, emotionless kind of way " I don't live with them anymore"

we both sat there eating our food, as an awkward silence filled the air, i felt so stupid,

i wanted to go outside and bang my head into a tree,

i watched as she sat there, staring down at her plate, quietly eating her grilled cheese, not saying a word, the "brightness" gone,

i even thought I saw a tear roll down her cheek

how could I have been so stupid, why didn't I think first, she had obviously been on her own for awhile, there had to be a reason.

I had to break the silence, it was unbearable, so I said the only thing I could think of "so the weathers been nice lately hasn't it?'

she turned to me, like I hadn't said a thing, the pain and saddness still in her eyes

"do you think I'm stupid?" she asked

I looked at her and smiled " no Starlight, i don't think you're stupid"

she smiled a little " I know you're just saying that to be nice, but thanks anyhow" and she leaned over and gave me a hug, very timidly and quickly

I gently reached under her chin and pulled her head up until she was looking me in the eyes, and very sternly said "Starlight, I don't know who has told you that you're stupid, but they are wrong"

she smiled and took off the glasses to wipe her eyes,that seemed to help a little, and I was ever so happy, that in a few minutes, the cheerful happy Starlight returned, as she busily cleared the table

"Mam"   I said as she walked towards her makeshift kitchen carrying the empty plates" that was one fine grilled Cheese"

she turned with a big smile, curtsied and said "why thank you sir" and placed the dishes in the bucket

she quiclky turned, eyes wide with joy "hey, ya wanna go see all the cool stuff in the woods?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:38:26 pm by SlimSimsTs » Logged
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:34:33 am »

Ok, the next 2 chapters are over at insim adult, i'll try to fill you in as quick as possible

long story short, we went for a walk to the junk pile, later that night, I became worried about Starlight being alone in the woods, and came back to kinda keep an eye on her, good thing too, because I chased off a couple of unsavory characters in the woods, who didn't have the best intentions

the story ended with me in the woods at 2 am wondering what to do about Starlight, chapter 5 begins

Lunch at the Hilltop
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I awoke at the crack of dawn, cold, wet, covered with dew, leaves in my hair, and a taste in my mouth like a raccoon had used it as a port-a-potty while I slept (who knows, maybe one did)

when my eyes regained their focus, i looked over at the shack, Starlight was already up and going, who knows, maybe she hadn't even been to sleep yet, she appeared to be dusting off the rocks that were outside the shack with an old paintbrush, i can't say for certain, it was early, I was half asleep, but it looked like that was what she was doing

I moved my tired bones, and crouched, so Starlight wouldn't see me, and headed back to the house, thinking all the way about what to do about this situation

I when I got home, i had a few cups of coffee to get rid of the taste of raccoon poo, had myself a hot shower, grabbed the car keys and headed towards the door, to go visit Starlight

when I pulled up, Starlight was already at the emporium selling lemonade, well she was at the emporium, but she didn't seem to be selling anything

she saw me, and almost upest the stand, in a rush to greet me

"Oh cool" she said" you got a car"

I looked back at it"well you could call it that I guess"

so' I asked her" hows business?"

still kinda slow" she said, a sound of disappointment in her voice "it takes awhile for people to find out I guess"

'well" I told her" that's kinda good, throw out the self serve sign, we're gonna go grab a bite to eat'

"but.......... "

"nope, won't hear it,"interrupting her mid sentence" you fed me yesterday, my turn today"

"but I'm not dressed to......."

"we aint going to the Ritz, you look fine, lets go" and with that I grabbed her hand and started leading her towards the car, two could play that game

I opened the door for her, then closed it once she got in, when I got in Starlight was looking all around , checking out the car

' I like your car" she said

I about died laughing, let me tell you about my car, it's a 79 pinto wagon, it should have gone to the junkyard years ago, but it was the last car my dad had bought before he passed away, and I just couldn't bear to part with it, so for the past 20 years i've done what I could to keep it going, but the inevitable end was drawing near

I had decided to take starlight to a little neighborhood place called the "Hilltop Cafe", ( you can visit the Hilltop here)there usually wasn't but a dozen people there during rush hour, and this was well before that, I knew everyone who went there, and they had good food

Starlight and I walked inside, just as I thought, just a few regulars drinking coffee, Sherri the owner, and Ruth waiting tables

Bo Bo, and a few of the other regulars, looked at me like "where did you find her?"

Sherri the owner gave me a look like" where'd you find her, and why'd you bring her in here"

Ruth, business as usual, looked like she could care less one way or the other

we sat at a little table, and Ruth brought us our menu's, i just wanted a burger, and fries, and a cup of coffee, when it was Starlights turn to order, she hesitantly said " I'll just have a dish of cole slaw

"thats all you want? i asked her, and motioned Ruth back to the table "you get something to eat, i don't care what you get, eat as much as you want, I got it covered

with that, starlights eye's brightened up, "you mean it?' she began to look at the menu with new found interest, she turned to me, "what's a Texas Chili Burger?"

well hon" I said" that's kind of a mystery, even people from texas ain't never heard of one"

(let me stop and take a moment to explain the "Texas Chili Burger, that was the owners baby, she had thought up the idea,  it was basically a hamburger,bun and all, drowned in chili, you had to eat it with a fork, it never quite caught on,but sherri kept it on the menu, hoping someday it would, that was 10 years ago, and that day hadn't come yet)

"I'll have one of those" starlight said" and a choc shake, french fries , oh and I still want the cole slaw too"

ruth jotted down the order, and disappeared in the back

the guys at the counter continued to drink their coffee,and chat with each other, however,judging by the hand motions and sideways glances, I was pretty sure, Starlight and I had become the new topic for discussion,

Starlight arranged her placesetting, while she waited for her food, we had idle chit chat about how nice the place was, and how long I had been going there

before long, Ruth returned with our food, and placed it in front of us, Starlight looked like she wanted to take a picture of it, before she ate it, so she could remember this moment forever

while Starlight is a wonderful girl, she was a little lacking in table manners, not meaning to put her down, but she reminded me of a dog, that hadn't eaten in awhile, that suddenly had  T bone placed in front of it, I had barely eaten half my burger, and Starlight had finished everything, I wiped my mouth and asked
" Hon, you want anything else"

she hesitated a moment" well" she said

I quickly motioned Ruth back to the table, I had already learned one thing about Starlight, grab those moments of indecision, before she changes her mind

"Ruth, Starlight would like something else"

Starlight looked at me hesitantly 'really?"

Yes" I assured her" really"

"well" she said" I'd really like another one of those Chili burgers"

that was the first time, i had ever seen Ruth ask a customer to repeat their order again

when Ruth clicked the ticket, even the grill cook peeked out from behind the grill to see who had ordered a second chili burger, I don't think it had ever happened before

I think Sherri started to take a liking to Starlight after that, finally, someone who had appreciated the Texas Chili Burger

by the time I had finished my food, Starlight had been served and eaten

I asked her if she wanted anything else, and she assured me she was full, while wiping chile burger off her mouth,

suddenly, Starlight let out a window ratteling belch

BoBo let out a snort, I think liquid had come out his nose (Starlight had that effect on people)

meanwhile, Starlight had turned red as a stopsign, she stood up and announced to the rest of the restaurant "Excuse me" then sat back down, more than a little emberassed

I looked at her" thats alright hon, Chili burgers will do that to ya

even Ruth laughed at that one

with that, i paid the bill, helped Starlight into the car, started it up, waited for the smoke to clear, and headed back to the emporium
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:38:40 am by SlimSimsTs » Logged
kristi8589

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:10:35 pm »

pig much? lol jk jk jk

I AM YOUR LORD AND MASTER FOAMY SQUIRREL!

(Check out my story: The tale of gerard way and the oranges)
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 07:50:15 pm »

Hee hee! keep it going, this is great!
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 10:09:04 pm »

I just wanted to say, I've continued this story over at insimadult, if you liked it,and you're old enough, you can read it there

quite frankly, as the plot progressed, it started dealing with things like rape, incest, suicide (starlights had a rough life) and I don't feel comfortable posting the story on a PG-13 site, to make it PG-13, I'd have to leave so much out, it wouldn't make much sense, so the story here is concluded, sorry

but those of you that are old enough, you're more than welcome to read it there, it's up to chapter 17 I think, Starlight has turned out not the be the ditzy little space cadet, she first appeared to be, and slim has grown quite fond of her
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: