Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:39:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Love... Otis. (HIATUS)  (Read 7709 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:47:10 pm »

Hello people!  This will be the first story I've ever written for a forum... I also haven't been around here that long, but I hope you take the time to read my story nonetheless.  

Oh yeah, this story has homosexual themes.  So if you're not into that kind of stuff... Don't read this story!

Here are a few notes to (hopefully) get you interested in the story.

Otis is a young teenage boy with a stern father.  He is obedient, well-mannered, and smart... But his father Yusuke sees none of that.  All he sees is a disappointment, since Otis happens to be gay.  So while Otis grows up with a sense of bitterness towards his father, his twin brother Kevin helps Yusuke keep Otis and his boyfriend apart.  But when their quiet family runs into trouble, will Otis be able to forgive the people who caused him so much pain?  This story is told through the eyes of Otis himself, and the reader is looking through his diary.

Anyway, here we go...

Prologue

September 1, '08 - 2:31 PM

Dear diary... You are perhaps the most wonderful thing I have ever owned.  I have only had you for 17 minutes, but I still know we were meant for each other.  Oh, how rude of me... I forgot to introduce myself.  My name is Otis Shindo.  I am 15 years old, and I am in the 10th grade.  I'm about 5 foot... 6 I think.  I have (dyed) blonde hair, an evil twin, a quiet mom, and a tyrranical dad.  I don't even know if tyrranical is a word, but it seems to fit.  

Anyway... this is me:

So is this:

And this:

Basically I am my father's little slave.  Since I won't grow up the way he wants me to, I have to do everything else he wants me to do.

Speaking of my father, this is he...

...After he saw me with my boyfriend for the first time.

We really don't understand each other.  And because of that, this is me most of the time:

I wish I could say more for the rest of my family, but unfortunately they are pretty disappointing.

This is my (evil) twin brother Kevin.  He's nothing but a conniving, watery-eyed little braniac, and he's almost as homophobic as my father.

This is my mom, Jessica.  At least she doesn't hate me, but then again she never helps me out when my father has me in a headlock.

One thing's for sure, though.  She is probably the only person who can make my father smile.  

...Which is creepy, anyway.

I am happy sometimes, though.  Really!  Especially at times like these:

You see, I have the greatest boyfriend in the world.  His name is Emmet, and he's not from around here.  Haha... Just another reason for my father to hate him.  But I don't care.  Emmet is the most lovely alien I have ever met.  

He took me on my first date last week.  We went to some cheesy diner, but I had a great time anyway.  Anything would have been better than home.  

Emmet told me he had never seen me so happy.

Of course, who wouldn't be happy with a boy like him?

Our date was pretty much perfect.

That is, until some homophobic old bat had to come along and screw things up.  She hit me with her purse!

Emmet knew he needed to repair the date... So he took me to the park.  We danced and made out.  It was great.

And after driving me home, that was when he asked if he could be my boyfriend.  I don't need to tell you what I said... Hehe.

Arg... My dad is yelling at me to come mop the floor.  What am I, Cinderella?  Oh well.  I will write to you later, I suppose.

Love, Otis.

Please tell me what you think!  Cheesy  

Also, there are more pics of Emmet and Otis in my pics thread. *hinthint*
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:50:06 pm by tonita_kitty » Logged

***my sims thread***
"Hey, folks! It's the Saviours of Jazz Ballet
Fearless heroes of kick and spin"
-Saviors of Jazz Ballet (Fear Me, December) by Mew
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:04:46 pm »

I really like it!  Your pictures are great, and I like the speaking voice of your main character.  Don't worry about Mrs. Crumplebottom - she's not really homophobic - she's just a big prude, lol.  Nice job so far, and great title.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:03:06 pm »

Thank you for the comment, Astral!  Trust me, I know all about the Crumplebottom... It just seems to me that she's the kind of person who would be homophobic, you know?

Here's Chapter 1.  For now the diary is just detailing interesting things in Otis's life, but something big is going to happen soon, trust me!

Oh yeah... Important note here.  Emmet's last name is Grunt.

Love... Otis.
Chapter 1.

September 2, '08 - 1:12 PM

Dear diary... I have some rather interesting news. (Yes, it's interesting enough that I have to tell you RIGHT after getting home from school.)  

I was passing a note with Emmet today in Biology class, and he told me a dirty little secret about my brother.  On the night we went out on our first date, my dad told Kevin to go get me, since he thought I was just at Emmet's house.  Of course Kevin didn't find me there, but he did find someone else:  Emmet's twin sister, Emma.  

Emmet is absolutely drop-dead sexy in my opinion.  So of course, his sister is pretty hot, too.  So what did Kevin do?  He started hitting on her, of course!

Unfortunately for him, I am dating her BROTHER.  And her brother tells her EVERYTHING about what Kevin does or says to us.  She knows he's a jerk, and she wasn't very pleased with his advances.

Anyway, there's this new kid at our school.  He and his family just moved in.

His name is Atticus.  What a name!  And I thought Otis was lame...

Despite the name, Atticus is actually good-looking.  In fact, he's pretty damn cute.

And according to Emma, he's a lot of fun to be around.  (Code for "he's a good kisser"...)

Even though Kevin only met Emma last week, he's already learned about what's going on between her and Atty. (As I like to call him)

And apparently Emmet wasn't the only one who saw Emma smooching Atty in the Grunts' backyard.

So of course... High school drama happened.  

Jealousy!  Lies!  Deceit!  Whatever...  

The only thing that really matters is the fight today.  Not between me and my dad, as is the usual occurence.  But between Atty and Kevin.

If you're worried about Atty, you can go ahead and stop now.  Kevin is a total wimp.  Even I can take him!  And my friends call me "princess!"

Now, I didn't actually get to watch the fight... But I saw the aftermath. Haha!  If you ask me, it looks like Atty went easy on Kevin.

So right now Kevin is in his room "doing homework."  I bet he's plotting his revenge.  Whatever it is, his plan better involve backup!

Now, before I go do important things like geometry, I have other big news.  Mom's prego!  

I hope it's a girl.  That way I can have someone around the house who will let me do their hair.  

She found out last night when I was doing the dishes.  Looks like we won't be getting a game room anytime soon...  Damn, and I was really hoping for a pinball machine.

Oddly enough, mom doesn't seem too happy to be having another kid.

Love, Otis.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:11:33 pm by tonita_kitty » Logged

***my sims thread***
Christian10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:54:06 am »

Hahahaaaa Kevin got exactly what he deserved I dislike him YOU EVIL TWIN (grows fiercely). Poor Otis. It's really a coincidence how I just started MY first story on the forum and its about a girl writing her everyday life problems in a diary. I'm actually glad to see someone is writing the same type of story as I am because now I can read your story to help me get some ideas because I have NO ideas for Chapter 1 haha. Nice job keep up the good work. View my story when you get the chance!

Hey you look bored. Wanna read my stories? Notes from Branwen and The Candler Legacy.:punch:
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:44:35 am »

Yeah I read your story too actually!  Poor Branwen!  I'm glad you don't think I stole your idea or anything Cheesy (I didn't... I came up with this story, posted it, and then read yours.)  Thank you for your comment!

***my sims thread***
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 02:11:03 pm »

Here's Chapter 2! Cheesy

Love... Otis.
Chapter 2.

September 2, '08 - 7:32 PM

Dear diary...  I am so pissed right now, it's not even funny.

About 20 minutes ago, Kevin was downstairs playing chess (by himself), and I got really hungry.  So I grabbed a bag of cookies and sat in the chair across from him.  

I ate almost all of them.  I love cookies, what can I say?

So then Kevin told me I was going to get fat.  That didn't really bother me, but I teased him about his face anyway.  He dared me to speak again, so I did.

He yelled at me and shoved the chess pieces off the board.  Then I knew it was time to run!  He chased me upstairs, and I unfortunately didn't get away.  

He yelled some rather tastless cuss words and homophobic slurs... And then he gave me a good shove.

He insulted and assaulted me!  So I fought him back.  My way, of course.

He went crying to dad of course.  Dad gave me a stern talking-to, and decided that if all I'm going to do around this house is cause trouble, I may as well get a job.  A job!  I hate working!

Not only that, but he already decided that I'll be working at the same hospital as him!

Kevin is such a wuss!  I told him I hope he gets hit by a garbage truck.

In other news... Mom and my father fought for the first time in... Well, ever.  I don't even know what they were yelling about, but then my mom came downstairs and offered to do the dishes for me.  Who am I to refuse the kindness of a mother?  I let her wash them, but as I was walking away I swear I heard her crying a little bit.  

I hope nothing's wrong with the baby or anything.  Maybe she was mad at my dad for being so hard on me?  Who knows...

I have an outfit to plan.  

...Oh!  I haven't mentioned the school dance!  I'm going to homecoming this year with Emmet.  The theme is 80's or something, but nobody even cares.  The only reason I care about the dance this year is because my friend Josie dared me to dress as a girl this year.  She doesn't believe me, but I'm going to do it, I swear!

I'll write soon.  

Love, Otis.

***my sims thread***
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 04:40:22 pm »

Very cute!  It really feels like reading a diary.  I love how he says he hopes the baby is a girl so he can do her hair, LOL!  Nice job with the mom's tears - I hope the baby's okay.  Great update.

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Baby_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:57:04 pm »

haha, this is a good story, i like it

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. - Bella Swan, New Moon
Amira

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 12:12:21 am »

Yes, write more LOL. I'm loving this story.

Also know as, "amar_el7ob". And I know I had more than 300+ post on the old Insim site :|
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 09:06:26 am »

I'm going with the crowd on this one.
Write more, please.
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:25:28 am »

Wow, so many positive comments! Thanks, guys!  I'm currently looking for an outfit for Otis that he can wear to the dance, and once I do that I'll write some more!

***my sims thread***
Christian10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 03:43:40 pm »

Quote from: tonita_kitty;1291621
Yeah I read your story too actually!  Poor Branwen!  I'm glad you don't think I stole your idea or anything Cheesy (I didn't... I came up with this story, posted it, and then read yours.)  Thank you for your comment!

No of course I don't think you "stole my idea" this is a really nice story I UPDATED SO GO GO GO!!!! :chainsaw:

Hey you look bored. Wanna read my stories? Notes from Branwen and The Candler Legacy.:punch:
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:13:44 pm »

All right, even though I promised myself I wouldn't... I went to simmergirl for Otis's outfit.  (I didn't want him to have boobs, lol...)  But I changed up my writing a bit, and chapter 3 will be coming soon.

***my sims thread***
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 12:35:45 pm »

Hey there everyone!  Here's the third chapter of Love... Otis.  I actually took quite a few pictures for this chapter, instead of only around six.  Please enjoy!

Love... Otis.
Chapter 3.

September 3, '08 - 3:15 PM

Dear diary...  I just got home from the mall.  I was there with my (best) friend Christine, and we were looking for something for me to wear to homecoming.  I skipped work, though... But I'll get to that later!

I called Christine to ask if she wanted to go to the mall with me after school.

She said "of course," so I took my mom's car to go pick her up.

...Not without grabbing some cash, though.  Which, unfortunately, I didn't have.  But Kevin always has cash lying around his room!  He never notices when I take his money, anyway... And I always pay him back!  (Secretly.)

The mall was totally awesome...

They had so much cute stuff!

Speaking of cute stuff, I must have tried on a million outfits...

It took forever to find something that fit me!  (Plus we didn't have anything to stuff Christine's extra bra with.  She brought one along just for the occasion! Haha...)

We went out to eat after we were finished shopping.  That was when she offered to let me borrow an extra wig that she has at her house.  (And I get to keep the bra, too.)

I love Christine!  She is my absolute best friend of all time... Besides Emmet, of course.

But Christine and I have known each other since the third grade.  We tell each other everything!  In fact, I told her I was gay before I even told my mom.  I don't know what I'd do without Christine!

I dropped her off at her house after we finished our meal, and then said goodbye and thanked her for her help.

When I got home, I went straight upstairs to put away my new clothes.  Also to avoid my father...

But I noticed something weird when I passed by Kevin's room.  I'm surprised I didn't see it when I took his money!

Kevin had been drawing/writing on his wall.  Little soggy balled-up paper towels were tossed in the corner, as if he had been trying to destroy the evidence of his apparent insanity before mom or dad noticed.

And speaking of my father... I got seriously chewed out for missing work!  He told me that if I don't go to work tomorrow, he won't let me go to homecoming tomorrow night!  

Ugh... I guess I'll be earning Candy Stripes tomorrow.

Love, Otis.

You'll get to see Otis all dolled-up next Chapter.  I think he looks rather cute as a girl... Tongue

***my sims thread***
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 06:46:58 pm »

Clever photography!  I can't wait to see the outfit Otis finally chooses.  I'll be really disappointed if he gets grounded, lol.  I'm looking forward to him going.  Did you photoshop the wall in Kevin's room - looks real.  Nice update.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: