Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 01:32:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 very annoying problems  (Read 1960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Stargem2001luv

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2008, 09:43:22 am »

I keep having 2 problems lately 1. everytime I try to load a lot, it just loads indefinitly 2. if it loads its stuck on pause. Can some one please help me with this mess?!?

Lost in thought
Beause everyone forgot
that my
Tears are like rain
From neverending pain
JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:26:08 pm »

I'm not really sure but, how much custom content do you have in your downloads folder? If you have a large amount or a slow computer lots may take a long time to load. Or if the lot itself has a lot of 'stuff in it' high poly sims, large family, etc. ?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:22:20 pm »

It sounds like the game has a hack or two that is not going to work in the game-and it won't load the game.
Best course of action is to remove your hacks or the download folder and replace them one by one until you find the offending download.
Usually when I have a really bad hack or download, it will just stop in the middle of the main loading screen and tell me "The application has crashed. This program will now close". But the other way it tells me that I've been stupid enough to download something it doesn't like is to remain on "loading family" forever and ever. That is a sure giveaway that something is not right in the game, at least to me.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:23:43 pm by MaryH » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:15 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1277897
Try this:

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Load the game, and when you get to the neighborhood view of whichever neighborhood you choose, call up the cheat console (CTRL + Shift  + C) and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and press Enter.

::smilieiforgetwhi::  After you do that, load up your "problem" lot and wait until it loads up completely.  If all goes as suspected, an error box will pop up right before (or sometimes after) the lot loads up.  

Take note of what type of error it is and the name of the error log that is dumped into the Logs folder.  That's the log that's most likely to help out in this situation.  And for a "quick" skip-over for passing the error by, click the "Delete" option when the error pops up.  It removes whatever object/sim that's causing the error.  If it's a sim, don't worry too much about it, as it's not a permanent deletion... you can easily get them back by either exiting and re-entering the lot, or by using the "Restore Family" option on the InSIMenator's summoner object.  Wink

That should help.  If you can, attach the error logs in your next post... someone that's "literate" in that area should be able to figure what might be throwing you an error.  

And just to be sure, remove any custom careers, foods, and the latest hacks you've put in your downloads folder, then try the above if the game still gets stuck at those points. :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: