Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:27:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: brainless sims  (Read 4041 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nova-storm

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 05:56:54 pm »

=D have had had this issue for some time. I few sims I made way back last year have no back to their head. It is juts a void. You can see in to the head. I can not edit the hair and changeing the skin does nothing. I hate to delete them and start over, they took me a long time to make. HELP!!!!11!!!111111!!! Wink :blob6:

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:58:50 pm »

My first guess would be a problem with graphics performance...do they have this hole in their head in BS and CAS too? Or just ingame...if it's ingame - I'd put them in a brand new virgin hood to see what happens...

Yes...its the same Mule as before
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:20:41 pm »

it is in BS and CAS I have not put them in a hood as I want to fix their heads 1st. i do not think it is a VId card issue. I have only had it happen on 4 sims...i made them all rofl! every other sim I have is fine. If I am missinf a hair mesh etc. the game will just put one in its place from the maxis mad hairs. I just find it so odd that i can not edit them I am going to fire up BS and put one on here for some on to DL and see if they have the same issue as well.

The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:26:04 pm »

Thats a good plan....I have some that are totally scalp-less....I just ignore them cause they're ones I haven't made...

although....Ozzucay's self sim shows up in my CAS in the male sim bin and when I click on it, my self sim comes up...I ignore it...

Yes...its the same Mule as before
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:36:38 pm »

Nova, on a similar account, the older sims that I had in the back of BS were bald like Barbie had lost it with the comb! I think once I had reinstalled the sims I had saved OR either the meshes I had originally were gone. Some hair meshes in BS also have a way of seeing into the back of their heads. Another problem was when I choose the selected hair in CAS, they mysteriously reverted back to the maxis default hair once on the lot.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 06:40:34 pm »

The problem with a missing hair falls into 2 categories in my experience:

1. the hair file has gone missing or was not included with the sim (custom content usually cloned from a female hair goes missing on males because there is no Maxis male default equivalent)
2. the sim's package has become corrupted

The Mule - you can correct that by deleting the thumbnails or by CTRL+Right Mouse Clicking the sim with an incorrect preview icon in Create-A-Family/Student
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:42:35 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SweetCat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:41:06 pm »

That happend to one of my sims when i accidently deleted his hair.

SweetCat *meow*
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 06:58:07 pm »

is there any way to fix this? I hope so some of the sims took me forever to get almost done lol.

I have attached one of them here. There is NO CC. all items in this file are maxis Smiley. I can't seem to got my Prin screen key to work..again so I will fire up my game and take CAS photo and move one in to a house and see if I can edit her hair that way as well. She is my start of Grace Kelly

* brainless sim.rar (117.25 KB - downloaded 130 times.)

* brainless sim.jpg (27.04 KB, 600x450 - viewed 174 times.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:47:17 pm by nova-storm » Logged

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 09:36:41 am »

Interesting... I wound up with a headless child, teen and adult in bodyshop and when I click edit it gives them red hair. I'll fire up the game and see what happens there.

Edit: Headless is an inaccuracy, they have a face but when you turn them around you can see through it.

Edit 2: The default replacement skins, eyes, etc, I use make recognition difficult but unless the game has altered the way it does things I have her. On two different loads she has showed up in CAS with two different hair styles but she does have hair and I can't see through the back of the head like I did in bodyshop. (blonde)

Edit 3: Third restart of game she is now back to the hair she had the first time I loaded her in CAS but it is showing as custom and there is no such hair in the custom bin, she has seomi_eye4, custom brow, blush and lipstick by Helaene, Face_in lipgloss by navetsea facepaint, etc. She is morphing every time I load her; very strange.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:25:16 am by Micco » Logged

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 12:42:18 pm »

rofl! And I bet I know what happedn to her brain. You fried it up and ate it with a nice keantie and fava beans

Ok I have taken all my downloads out and still can not get the hed to come back in BS. It is only an issue since I want to Upload these sims and cant do so with out a head lol
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:46:06 pm by nova-storm » Logged

Semra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 12:58:46 pm »

I also have this problem with two sims I created. Sad

I made a fresh couple in Bodyshop for my new neighbourhood, unfortunately some time after I had put them in their house my game got bugged and I had to do a complete reinstall. My folders with custom content and neighbourhoods were fine though, so I temporarily moved them and put them back in when I finished reinstalling (so I still have all the hairstyles I used, etc). Only now, those two sims have the brainless-bug when I install them using their .package file and extracting them from the neighbourhood using SimPE gives them the morph-bug described previously in this thread (they take over the features of a previously selected sim).

I'm pretty fond of these sims so I was wondering if anyone had found the solution? Thanks. Wink

Here are some screenshots by the way:

Download Semra / Clare / Scarlet / Paige / Gravis[/FONT]
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 01:03:17 pm »

if you cannot locate the original hair mesh & recolour - then probably the only solution is to manually edit the charcter file with SimPE and change the genetics

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: