Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:36:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X This application has crashed. The program will now close. Help?  (Read 3704 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JPNava77

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:16:26 pm »

Okay. Let's see. A bit ago I was having problems with just loading lots, as in they would load and directly after I unpaused them it would crash. Went through the half-thing method, took half my downloads out and eventually solved the problem. It seemed to've been the hacks "Teen - Adult Attraction & Skunk Fixes' and 'Pregnancy Wear Any Outfit'.
I'd also made a big mistake prior to the problem, where I moved the Pleasants to another neighbourhood the MTS2's 'wrong way'. Destroyed them, and that neighbourhood.
My game hadn't crashed since then, but I did have annoying little problems that were: 1. Whenever I canceled a command and had other command following that one, all of those actions were cancelled. 2. Whenever (on any screen, buy mode, live mode, whatever) I moved the cursor over any wardrobe it would read 'There are no actions available' and all the sims on the lot would 'jump' and have all their actions cancelled. This would happen even though I had thousands of dollars of clothes for them.
My annoying big problem was after all of the above, two of my sims had twins (through use of the simBIO hack Triplets & Quads) and they were both put in their cribs. One of the boys was fine and went to sleep. The other was in the weird state where he was half in and half underneath the crib. His needs were going down, but every time I attempted to get one of the parents to get him out of the crib, they would just stand in front of the crib, would 'jump' but the action of Hold [child] would remain. The father died of starvation (his needs were still decaying through this) and so exited out of that lot and deleted the family in-game. I then proceeded to completely delete that neighbourhood along with Veronaville (never played and Strangetown (never played).
Fast forward to earlier today. Different sims, neighbourhood, etc. Have a sim couple they have twins (via inTeen and inSim). I decide that I don't want to take chances again with the crib-jump-killing scenario so I enter the 'agesimscheat on' and try to set their ages to toddler. The infants were made selectable and I tried to click on them to set age and the panel around the head pic would cancel out before I selected anything. I tried a few times and then the dreaded message appeared and the game crashed.
Extra help information:
I have only the base game and nightlife.
All of the hacks/mods that are in my download folder are (all are either inTeen, inSim, or from simBIO (excepting the vampire sunblock) and I thought I checked compatibility: Same Sex Have Child Want Not Adoption Want, inTeen flavor paks No Failing Miscarriage, No Fail Birth Control, Abductions - Higher Odds, Age Transition - Teens Keep Loves, No Friends Needed for careers, LycosV's  Vampire Sunblock, Same Sex Marriage, inSIM for nightlife, and inTeen for nightlife.
Please help if you can! Any additional information on the matter will be readily provided!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 03:59:17 pm »

You might have a conflict with some of your hacks.

Moving Sims to different neighborhoods is a big no-no.

You may have to reinstall your game if you're deleting neighborhoods.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:17:39 pm »

Well I read through all of the Read Mes and I could've sworn that they were conflict-less. As far as re-installing the game, what should I do with all of the stuff in my downloads folder?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:21:54 pm »

Just drag your downloads folder to your desktop, and after you reinstall and patch everything, drag it back to the Sims 2 folder.

Where did you get that same sex marriage hack?

The Sims 3.........NO!
JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:25:39 pm »

Simbology.com
JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 04:28:17 pm »

(Reinstalling game...)
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

Great.

Thank you!

The Sims 3.........NO!
JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 04:33:05 pm »

No, thank you. (hopefully! :smile: )
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 05:19:51 pm »

If you go to SimWardrobe, you can find a program called "Sims 2 Hack Detection Conflict Utility" which you can use to scan all your hacks in the game-it will list out the conflicts and then you can decide which hacks you want to keep and which you want to leave.
Some hacks have conflicts that don't override the game's codes so badly that they will shut down the game, but they will cancel each other out.
It is a useful tool when you have loads of hacks, like I do.

JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 05:36:53 pm »

As I am reinstalling, I get an error message that reads 'A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'D:\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bundle.package' from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation? Oh no...
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:55 pm »

(Ignore what I had earlier... I'm a little on the sleepy side at the moment... :shock:)

Is your disc clean?  And if so, and it still insists on not working all the way, try installing the game while running your OS in Safe Mode.  (Press F8 when the computer is booting up to bring up certain start-up options, then use your arrow keys to select "Safe Mode").  It's slow, but it will get the job done correctly.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:28:59 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

JPNava77

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 04:03:57 pm »

Okay, I cleaned it; the game installed correctly and I download the hack conflict scan and it said that there were no conflicts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: