Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:50:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Two-Faced~ (HIATUS)  (Read 4376 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:03:31 pm »

Hiya guys and gals!

I know I've just barely started my first story (Love...Otis.), but I was suddenly assaulted by a viciously fantastic idea the other day.  

It's another story about a boy... But it's not really about a boy.  It's really a bit confusing.  Even my main character is getting confused!  Arg... Basically, this is a story about self-discovery.

But if you want to know more, you'll have to wait for the first chapter of the story.  For now, I have the prologue for you to read.  And just so you know, the prologue doesn't have very many pics, but the chapters will.

Warning: Homosexual themes.  Don't like it? Don't read it!

Here we go...

Two-Faced

Prologue

I still remember the day I had to explain my name to Ms. Gordon.  There’s nothing special about my name, really.  But for some reason she just didn’t understand that it’s Chris; not Christopher.

I was drooling on my desk in biology that day, while she was attempting to give a lecture to the class on the structure of a human cell.  Of course, she yelled at me to wake me up.

Only she called me Christopher.

Instead of Chris.

When I corrected her, she started to argue with me.  

“Of course your name is Christopher, that’s what Chris is short for!  Your name can’t just be Chris!”

“But it is.”

“Look at it this way… What name did your parents put on your birth certificate?”

I scoffed and ruffled up my already messy red hair.  “Chris.”

“No… Your name!  Your whole name!”

“Chris Marcus Pax.  That’s really what my mom put on my birth certificate.”

She sighed in frustration and decided to give up.

I heard snickers from around the room, specifically from right behind me.  I glanced over my shoulder at my friend Jake.

“What’s so funny?” I hissed.

“Ms. Gordon’s a fat stump.”  He snorted.  Sometimes his child-like behavior even amused me.  Nobody else thought he was that funny, and that’s why I was his best and closest friend.

I happened to be pretty annoyed with Ms. Gordon at that point, so I couldn’t stop myself from laughing along with him.

Christopher!”  I heard the stump yell.  “To the office.  Now.”

After that day I never argued with her again.

Because that was the day I found out we were moving.  

My mom told me to pack up right as I walked in the door.  The two of us don’t really have much, so it didn’t take us very long to pack our things into cardboard boxes.  

After we were done I walked straight to Jake’s house to tell him I was moving.  

“Where?”

“I dunno.  Haven’t asked.”

“Well… When?”

“Sometime this weekend.”

“You do know today’s Friday, right?”

“…Oh.”

“Let’s go to your house.  I still want to keep in touch, man, so I need to know more.”

We went to my house, hung out, and exchanged phone numbers.  With Jake’s encouragement, I asked my mom when, where, and why we had to leave.

“Tomorrow, to Salt City, and because I got the job I’ve been wanting.”  She answered simply.

I wanted to complain because it was the middle of the school year, but I never argue with my mom.  Especially not when it comes to employment issues.  She had a chance to earn money, so we were going to take it.

So all I said was, “I don’t know anybody in Salt City.”

“Well just think of this as a chance to start over.  Maybe you can become an artist or an athlete… You keep saying that you wish you hadn’t turned out to be the school slacker.  You can be a different person!  I’ll let you buy some new clothes.  You’ll probably even be able to take advantage of certain hidden assets.”  She smiled slyly, knowing that would keep me quiet.

I glared at her, but I didn’t say anything else about the matter, and when Saturday came by, we drove away from our sleepy hometown.  

I promised Jake I’d stay in touch.  For his sake.

...Well?  What do you think?

Good so far?  Bad?  Don't care?

Go ahead and tell me.  :happy8:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:54:12 pm by tonita_kitty » Logged

***my sims thread***
"Hey, folks! It's the Saviours of Jazz Ballet
Fearless heroes of kick and spin"
-Saviors of Jazz Ballet (Fear Me, December) by Mew
Christian10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:52:20 pm »

aww I like how this story is starting. You've influenced me to try to write two stories also. I think it's funny that Chris's teacher refused to think his name was really Chris. I like the way the story is coming along.

Hey you look bored. Wanna read my stories? Notes from Branwen and The Candler Legacy.:punch:
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:06:08 pm »

wow, this is really good
please continue Smiley

LAX is whats up.
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:06:50 am »

Thanks guys!  It's always good to know that people read my stuff.  (Even though there isn't much of it...)

And now, I must write!

***my sims thread***
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 12:15:38 am »

I think it's very cute.  I already like Chris, and the scene with his teacher.  And I already feel for him because he has to move.

My husband's name is Harry.  Everyone assumes that's short for Harold - but it's not.  It's just Harry.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 12:24:22 am »

Lol... I have a friend whose name is John.  It's not short for Jonathan, but our biology teacher never quite got that...  That's where the idea for Chris's name came from. Tongue

His name actually plays a mildy important part in the story...  But I had better stop yakking before I give something important away.  Cheesy

***my sims thread***
Amira

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 12:58:52 am »

Keep them coming Cheesy

Also know as, "amar_el7ob". And I know I had more than 300+ post on the old Insim site :|
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 09:10:54 am »

Just a lil' heads up... I added two new pics to the prologue.  I think it needed them.  Smiley

***my sims thread***
Baby_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:13 am »

i like it, its a very promising story

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me. - Bella Swan, New Moon
tonita_kitty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 03:53:44 pm »

Hey everyone, sorry I sort of disappeared there for a while.  (A rather LONG while...)  Here's my situation:

I was cut off from the internet unexpectedly after posting the latest chapter to my other story, Love... Otis.     I have internet access again, but not on my personal laptop computer, so I will be unable to continue this story until I get my laptop repaired.  I promise I will definitely continue this story once I get my laptop working again, and thanks again for all the positive comments, guys!

On the plus side, I already have a few chapters written for this story, so I'll be able to get right back on top of things once my computer is fixed!

Love, tonita.

***my sims thread***
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: