Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:16:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims dont move when press play :( HELP!  (Read 3223 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
neokore

i feel pretty :)

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:13:13 pm »

so im furnishing a sims home
and when i press live mode
my sims don't move or anything .
the clock doesn't move either,
but i can click all the buttons and still do stuff.
like if it was on pause.

help?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:01 pm »

Is Free Will off or on?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:07 pm »

did you check to see if free will was on?

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
neokore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:22:26 pm »

im not that stupid >.>

its off.
but i command to do and action.
they just stand.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:23:10 pm »

You've probably got something on your lot that's causing a continuous error.  Press Ctrl + Shift + C, then type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.  If an error box pops up, try clicking either "Reset" or "Cancel" to see what happens, and if all else fails, click the "Delete" button to get rid of the problem on the lot.  (and also make note of the name of the error log that's dumped into your Sims 2 Logs folder... we may need to look at that particular file and narrow down what could possibly be triggering that error.)  :angel:

As for the source of the problem, you may have a hack conflict, or an object that's throwing an error.  Try the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility that's available for download at Sim Wardrobe (Under Sims 2 => Programs) .   After extracting that program from the .zip/.rar file it's in to a location on your disk drive, open it, click the only button at the bottom, wait for it to finish scanning, and see if any conflicts come up.  

If you don't find any conflicts in your game, try taking out all the latest content you downloaded since the last time your game worked correctly and see if that helps.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:13:48 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

neokore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 03:50:30 pm »

it is still confusing.
it tried the boolprop testingcheatsenabled  true
and no error box pops up only the cheat bar thingy at the top where type the cheats.
with alot of words and everything :|
bamrd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 05:53:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Tenshii is correct but maybe the version of the game you have isn't taking that version of that boolProp cheat. Try: boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true or try the one from the Official Sims 2 Wiki Cheats page: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
Make sure you have everything exactly as it is stated here because the cheats are case sensitive.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 06:23:06 pm »

Cheats aren't necessarily case sensitive.  I've been typing in all lowercase letters since base game and the cheats still worked fine for me... but then again, maybe it's a different localization of the game that does.  I just know that much.  :dontknow:

And if the cheat console is coming up with a lot of words instead of disappearing after you've typed the cheat in and pressed enter, make sure you've typed the code in correctly, even if you have to type it in slowly.  Took me several tries to get it right when I learned it, and I found out I was accidentally putting spaces where they shouldn't be.  :angel:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 10:34:31 am »

First off, regarding your 'I'm not that stupid" comment, nothing anyone suggests here is meant to be construed as an insult to your intellegent. Not everyone is on the same knowledge level with game play or technical issues, so it's always best to never assume anyone knows what you do. When people are having troubles and get frustrated, sometimes simple things get overlooked. You'd be surprised at the number of help threads where everyone started out with suggesting the high-tech fixes, none of which worked, only to have someone come in and say, "Hey, by any chance you didn't happen to accidentally turn off/on (insert seemingly no-brainer thing here), did you?" only to have the perfectly intelligent individual with the problem do a facepalm because that, indeed, was the problem. Smiley

Cheats. No, they aren't case sensitive, just easier to read and make sure you've typed it with no spelling errors if the caps are there. Look:

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false
boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true/false

It's even more evident with longer cheats codes, like this one:

boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true/false
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true/false

Both the caps and no caps versions are the same cheat, and both do the same job, but the second one is easier to read isn't it? If you type it in wrong and the console comes up with a lot of text then, as Tenshii said, you've made a error somewhere. You either put a space where there shouldn't be, or spelled something wrong.

My guess is you have a download causing it, probably a conflicting or outdated mod. Is this happening in all your lots, or just the one? Try taking the downloads folder out and running your game without it. If it runs just fine, then it's something in your Downloads folder.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:36:42 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rmvv

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 05:01:45 am »

sometimes thats happen to me its something you probablly put into house and not compatiable with ex pack
neokore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 05:53:23 pm »

i got fixed thanks for the help everyone Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 08:07:10 am »

I'm glad you got it working. Could you let us know what fixed it, so other people searching the help threads for the same problem can know? Thanks Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
neokore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 10:10:58 pm »

i did the cheat code thing.
and it ended up being a bookcase from peggy.
and i deleted it :]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: