Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 09:55:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How big is your 'Pictures' folder?  (Read 3998 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sliimshaydi
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:37:59 pm »

There's a thread already about large and small downloads folders, but I'm just curious about how many photos people have of their sims.

I had to clean out my pictures folder recently because I have close to 6,000 pics in there. Cut that number in half since the folder saves thumbnails as well, and that's 3,000 snapshots. But what can I say, I do get camera-happy sometimes. Who knows, there's most likely people out there who have way more than me.

So, how many do you have?
-- sliim Cheesy
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:45:09 am »

Girl, why would you ask me that? :laugh:  I just cleaned out my pic folder, there were only 841 pics, so I guess the total with thumbnails is 1682. I have a separate file to send them to- I use them for custom paintings and hanging wall painting recolors. This is my 3rd time cleaning, don't know how many in that old screenshots file. Could be thousands.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:21:19 am »

Well, my pictures folder is rather tiny, because I don't use the in-game camera. xD
In my contest pictures folder I have 1.576 and that is without thumbnails, but with some doubles since I save the original and the photoshopped ones. I have another folder, but thats pretty tiny since I hardly ever just play and take pics, it's usually for contest purposes.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 06:59:49 am »

Same deal with me... I still use C at times, but once you get used to print screening everything, it's hard to go back.  :lol:  I have about 1,570+ shots (not including duplicates or thumbnails...) and that's just in my Contest Picture's folder.  I probably have way less than that in my Sims 2 Neighborhoods' folders, but either way that's a big enough number for me already.  :smt120

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 08:33:05 pm »

heh... I don't really know. I use C-button as backup or as "not contest or picture thread" pictures. it's very full at the moment, and I have a lot of pictures spread all over my computer, and a lot on my external harddrive too. I've started from scratch several times too. I guess I've got a few GB's of pictures all together. but ingame right now - about 2200 c-button pics altogether.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 10:44:28 pm »

I use gadwin printscreen, and sometimes the in-game camera, I don't have that many, cuz I alwayz delete the small pic and keep the big ones

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
[[MILK]]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 07:36:44 am »

Well I NEVER use the in-game camera, it's just horrible. I only use it if I'm writing some sort of story and I need to keep track of the text-to-picture info.

I've got all my screenshots filed into categories for different families and different neighbourhoods etc etc(I like to be organised like that). I probably have over 2000 pictures, i'd say, but a lot of them are saved into various other places.

The first and only Junglist Pirate.

"No, Noo-Noo, No!"

My Simmies <3
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 12:05:07 am »

I use snagit to get pictures, not the ingame camera.. and my sims picture folder is 58.7 MB and there are 432 pictures.
And I reformatted my harddrive a few months ago.

hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 12:22:12 am »

3,050 pics ~ folder size is 3.44 Gbs. I use Gadwin, the in-game camera's a joke...

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 06:35:16 am »

I use Printscreen.  The ingame camera always makes my pictures look badly fuzzy than just the normal fuzzy.  my picture folder for sims is 568 files in 45 folders.  xD  But that is spanning over like a year
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 11:35:13 pm »

Minority?  Print-screen is the minority in all actuality.  Maybe in this thread it seems like a whole lot of people use it, but considering all of the other simmers out there who like the 'C' capture better, you're in the number that's the biggest, sliim.  :lol:  

It takes getting used to, but once you get the hang of doing a screen capture, cropping it to the site's size limits, and converting it to .jpg, you get used to it after a while.  It's like a whole new light seeing how much clearer and detailed your sims actually are.  :shock:

SIMposiast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:26 am »

I have three pretty hefty Storytelling folders in three different neighborhoods. One's got 131.3 MB of pictures (4813 files, half of which are the thumbnails). Another, 59.8 MB (2289 files, again half thumbnails). The third has 3740 files & 106.3 MB.

I have a serious love affair with the C key, obviously. And captioning's a nightmare sometimes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: