Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:18:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Expand Lot size  (Read 8151 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roberte

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:19:12 am »

using the sims 2 base game, is it possible to expand the size of a home lot?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:28:17 am »

If you can run a Windows program, the Mootilda's Lot Adjuster from MTS2 will expand the size of the lot.  Otherwise, no.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:26:24 pm »

Isn't the largest maxis lot big enough? Usually people use the lot adjustor to make lots SMALLER.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:43:29 pm »

6x6 is the largest possible, either with the Maxis lots or Lot Adjustor.  But if you start with a 2x3 lot and the family outgrows it, you have a choice of moving out and starting a brand new house, or using Lot Adjuster to make the lot larger without destroying the house and trying to decide what to build.
roberte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:42:57 am »

I already have the largest lot however there is more that I want to build than the lot will hold.  

Can lots be combined or adjacent lots purchased by one sim.

How can sims enter and use lots owned by another sim (the wife of sim 1).
if that is possible I could buy an adjacent lot for her and then use them both, then add another family member and use that lot etc.

robert
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:37:45 pm »

1.  As I said, 6x6 is the absolute largest lot possible.  If 6x6 is too small, you've got too much stuff on your lot  lol.

2.  A single family can only have one residential lot, so the only way a sim could purchase an adjacent lot is if it is a community lot and you have OFB.  If you don't mind having the married couple separate, you could move out one and buy an adjacent residential lot.  See 3.

3.  A active playable sim cannot enter the residential lot of a non-active playable sim.  An active sim can invite a sim over, then using one of various mods or the cheat, can make the visiting sim active.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: