Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live mode gone!  (Read 1295 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diamond-Heart

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:59:13 pm »

So I just installed Bon Voyage, and I went to one of my sims families, booked their vacation, and the shuttle came the next day. The hotel I picked started loading, but once it finished I was on the hotel lot, and I couldn't access live mode and the family was nowhere to be seen. I went back to their house, and the family was there and I was just left confused. So, next I tried a different family on a different neighborhood, and instead I had them buy a vacation home, then booked their vacation and their shuttle came the next day. Once again when the house loaded I couldn't get to live mode and the family wasn't there. So, I went back to their house, but it wouldn't let me enter it because I left their toddler there with the nanny, and it said the couple was still on vacation!
Any help or adivce please!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:30:04 am »

With the fresh install of BV, did you update your mods/hacks?  There's a multitude of them that if not updated kinda bork things up like this.
Diamond-Heart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 06:17:48 pm »

Yes, I did update my mods.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:22:17 pm »

Take your Downloads folder out of your game, then try sending a test family on vacation.  Use a test family so you don't lose the custom stuff on your sims.

If the game works, you've got some mods/hacks that are messing with your game.  Since you updated all of your mods, you probably have some outdated mods hidden with cryptic names that were picked up from a downloaded house.  

You can find these by putting your Downloads folder back into your game path
Use Clean Installer to scan the Downloads folder
Sort on Type
Look for file 32 hexadecimal character filename with NO type.  These are most likely outdated hacks and should be deleted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: