Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:21:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots not installing correctly with the Clean Installer!  (Read 1726 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fytj

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:51:07 pm »

Recently I've been having this weird problem: when I install a lot and then enter it, there are no custom walls, floors or pieces of furniture at all! But I am sure that Clean Installer must install at least SOMETHING since in my special "lots" folder I had more than a gig of CC(a lot of it had names like "c76hdisdhw8d", is that normal?) for about 60 lots I had just installed(I used to have them before but since I had to reinstall my game I had to reinstall the lots as well). When I search for the walls or the floors I saw on the screenshots though I can't find anything in build mode.
I have no problems when I install Sims or walls/floors with the Clean Installer though. Those work perfectly.
Custom Content is enabled and I encounter no other problems with the game.
What is wrong?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:03:52 pm »

Try to delete your groups.cache file located in the sims2 folder.

Also check if there are still remaining files in your teleporter folder.  If so, they are stuck and cannot transfer properly so you should delete them.  It is better to install only a few lots at a time then all of them at once.
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:47:47 pm »

Fixed it. Looks like it was caused by the groups.cache file being broken or something(is it me or is it causing quite a bit of trouble lately?) and the game not finding the files if I moved them to a special folder.
Thanks a lot for the help!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:17:10 pm »

It is suggested when you install/remove cc in your game to delete the groups.cache file to prevent problems.
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 07:20:10 am »

Ok, thanks for the info!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: