Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:47:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Should I Do?  (Read 1582 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »

I'm just about to get some more expansion packs installed into my game, but...... i have downloaded some custom content prior to getting these new expansion packs. the EPs are University and Pets (dont know if that'll help or not).

anyway, i need to know...should i get rid of all of my CC altogether and reinstall all of it when i have both EPs installed, move it all from my downloads folder and into a temporary folder and reinstall it, or just leave all the CC alone? i really need to know because this is my first time installing a new EP with CC because the game i have came with the Nightlife EP already in it (Sims 2 Deluxe).

I need an expert opinion what the exact procedure on what to do. will someone plz help me?

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:46:30 pm »

Just drag your downloads folder to your desktop, install the EP's then make sure you enable Custom Content, exit the game, reboot and you should be good to go.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:50:49 pm »

Hi,
You really can't just leave it in there, you should take it all out before you install your new expansion packs, just moving it to desktop or whatever is ok for the moment.

If you have any hacks or mods in your game you will have to check they are compatible with your new expansion packs and download the updated version for those expansion packs.

Most of your objects, skins and such should work with the new expansion packs, some exceptions apply though like custom computers, bookcases - they will not have the new option available in the university expansion pack.

I also recommend installing your downloads back in, in sections to check for conflicts.

Hope this helps. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:58:54 pm by swaymyway7 » Logged
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:56:15 pm »

ok thx for ur help Wink

and just out of curiosity, i should do the same thing when installing stuff packs, correct?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:13:32 am by soulofthesea » Logged

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: