Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:52:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Filling the Voids ;)  (Read 2291 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:27:27 am »

Something thats always annoyed me with Sims is space... giant empty rooms with nothing inside. Building an amazing house is one thing, but furnishing it can get quite boring. After the 5 rooms, 3 bathrooms, 5 en-suite bathrooms, kitchen, diningroom, livingroom, TV room etc etc are done, there's usually still a piece of misc space left, usually a empty piece of useless space, with doors and windows... but ... there's no real solid thing you can put there!

What do u use to fill those odd, awkward, nothing-really-goes-there spaces?
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

I know exactly what you mean. It's got to the point where I'd rather use furnished houses - with my first, biggest 'hood especially since there's so many sims - than go through all the buying and placing of furniture every time. Except when I'm tuned in enough to a particular sim's traits and what I know their tastes to be, I find it easier to do then - in fact I quite enjoy it Smiley

Empty rooms? Well, depends. They're good for keeping career/aspiration rewards in, but in my quest to find the Smith's PD hobbies, I plopped down the sewing machine into that little box room they have downstairs. Think I put an easel or something else in there too. With all the extra hobby related stuff that came with FT, those empty rooms are coming in handy - there's a lot of things you can buy these days where you're in a similar dilemma - "That'd be great to have, but where do I put it?"

No requests please
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:45:32 am »

Me too, I had one with a two-story detached garage with stairs up to an empty room with a smaller room off of it. I put in some arcade games, a pool table and made the smaller room a bathroom. Worked out pretty well.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:04:23 pm »

It also depends how many family members this house has, what is the use of a huge manor with a lonely sim in it?

BTW is your avatar is the underpus from TRU?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: