Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:00:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Which EP Should I Get?  (Read 6930 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
irony

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:39:35 pm »

I currently have Nightlife, University,and Pets. I would like to get another EP but I don't know much about them. I don't want EP's that just offers contents.
I was thinking about getting Open For Business, now I'm thinking Seasons would be way better. Am I right?
I thought I would ask here and get feedbacks from those who already have both or either EP.
Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:40:38 pm by irony » Logged

CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:07:07 am »

Seasons is the most behind-the-scenes of all the EP's in my opinion. There's some new items and such but the major features are the gardening and weather. If you're into that, go for it. OFB has some pretty neat stuff and the business side of things is fun to play with. So it all depends on what you're looking for.
Zoltan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:20:26 am »

BV has more interesting 'stuff'...imho  More things to use and places to go and activities.

Seasons with the weather gets boring REAL quick, and the overheating problem is a pain.   After about a day I never used a home business or retail in OFB again.  

Why not wait?  Apartment Life is due out in just over 1 month (not long) and looks promising.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:43:14 am »

First of all, uninstall UNI immidately! this EP sucks! and you should check BV or Seasons.
hanster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:32:59 pm »

i have all EPs and my favourites are seasons and free time - by far
seasons make it so much more real, and there is a lot to do in free time
ofb was a major disappointment imho
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:17:42 am by hanster » Logged
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:05:12 pm »

Quote from: hanster;1306718
i have all EPs and my favourites are seasons and free time - by far
seasons make it so much more real, and there is a lot to do in free time
ofb was a major disappointment for imho

The only good thing in OFB was the Servos which I really gonna miss to...T.T
They were so cute!
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:37:22 am »

OFB sucks the business thing gets old quick, i think i actually ran a business once.

Seasons is good because it does add more realism to the game however like in real life weather can be annoying especially winter.

Freetime is probably my favourite expansion pack but you will need to download some small mods to stop the annoying hobby calls and secret club visitors.

Like all of the expansion packs they are all good in there own way and it really depends on what your looking to add to your game - i suggest reading some other threads where people have asked the same question to get an idea of the value of each expansion pack. Smiley
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 10:35:15 am »

After reading the replies so far, my mind is still set on Seasons.
Reason being, from what I can tell, BV is traveling and I rarely even go Downtown, I prefer to stay at the houses, unless I want to fulfill a want of a Sim wanting to go out or sneak out.
Most says OFB gets boring, and I can see that it would, so I'm crossing that one out.
I will get Seasons first, then probably get Free time after. I thought Free Time would get boring after a while, but from what I read it sounds cool.

I'm not going to uninstall Uni - I like to go to the Uni at times, however I cheat a lot when I go, cuz it's a long process, and I love the added Zombies and camera.

Now, hopefully Walmart or Future Shop will have Seasons in stock when I go this evening, hehe. If not I will get Free Time first. I hope it doesn't matter which EP I install first between the two.

Swaymyway, I will look again at the threads to try to find other threads like this. When I looked before posting this, I hadn't found any, but I can get lost easily on Forums, lol.

Thank you so very much everyone for your inputs, I REALLY appreciate it!!

spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 11:26:49 pm »

I absolutely LOVE seasons. I know people think its boring, but I already have enough custom made content to keep me amused. What I want, and have always wanted for my game, is weather. I live vicariously through my sims, and making it snow in-game for them has helped distract me from the current sweltering heat wave in which i am currently stuck.

But it really depends what you are looking for. If you want more stuff, get BV or OFB. If you want more environmental controls/interactions, get seasons.

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 02:29:52 pm »

Quote from: irony;1307929
I'm not going to uninstall Uni - I like to go to the Uni at times, however I cheat a lot when I go, cuz it's a long process, and I love the added Zombies and camera.

But FreeTime have zombies too!
Cool choice, seasons rocks!
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:39 am »

Just wanted to let you all know that I bought Seasons last night. I had both Seasons and FT in my hands and I wanted both, but it was going to be too expensive. I will wait to get FT another week.
And I had a hard time finding a store that had Seasons! They were all sold out. This particular store had told me on the phone that they had FT but not Seasons, so I drove there to get FT, and there it was - Seasons! It was also on the shelves, hiding behind a different EP! My husband is the one that found it! YAY!
Again thanks for all your wonderful feedbacks and suggestions.

MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 11:27:43 am »

Great choice irony!
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 07:44:23 pm »

Ok, couldn't help to come say that I also got FT! lol
My husband came home from an errand this evening and surprised me with it!!
MoronStyle7, now I am wondering if I should uninstall Uni, lol
If it won't make my game run any faster, then I won't bother uninstalling Uni.

MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 01:56:50 am »

Because of The Sims™ 2 University was made in 2005 they didnt had any way to reduce the files sizes, so it takes alot of memory to active the whole Sims game, so you should remove it, but after you do it, all YA will become adults.

If you also liked the zombies much, they are part of FreeTime, they come with the Genie lamp.

Hope you understood me though :-P
irony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 09:19:13 am »

I find that it does take a long time to load after installing those 2 new EPs. I don't have any YAs at the moment, I actually don't like going to the Uni, it takes way too long and it's so boring that I cheat a lot.
I might uninstall it this evening.
Thanks for your input and information. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: