Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:24:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story idea & Help  (Read 5145 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
evamarie13

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:35 pm »

I enjoy writing & ever since i read all of the stroys on this thread, I wated to write one as well.

When I was in 5th grade I could write a 46 page report, I know i am a loser.

So I;d figured hey why not.

Well my story is of 2 family's that has 3 generations in it.

They are connected together, due to one of their children's marriages.
They are Vampires & Humans.
They struggle to understand each other & get along.
Angered with the two whom have ran away & got married they are only 16.
They soon find out a new little arrival is coming soon.
But from who their is a rumor of an affair between one of the Adults, & she has found herself pregnant. But she slept with 3 guys; so whom is the father is it the vampire men(2) or her long time boyfriend.

Right now this is all I got. This is just alittle about they story between two worlds clashing together trying to find a solution to their problems but in the end find each other & will stand strong. Its kinda dramaful lol ( i made that word up). I hope you guys will enjoy it.

I love vampired if they were real I'd marry one.

I already start writing i am trying to get pictures just dont know how to get them off the game so I can edit them in my photoshop.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:26:33 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

miss. marie:happy8:
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:51:05 am »

If you press "c" it will take a snapshot of the screen. Then you go to My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods. You'll see a bunch of neighborhood folders labeled like "G001" or "N001" or "N00X" (X being some number). It'll take some trial and error to find the neighborhood you're in, but the rule of thumb I use is that the neighborhoods will be listed as you see them on the screen when you start the game. But anyway, once you discover which it is, you'll find a folder labeled "Storytelling" inside that folder. Open it and you'll see a bunch of pictures. Some of it may be stuff you don't recognize, so here's what I suggest:

1. Set the view to "Thumbnails" so you can see what you're looking at.
2. Right click the background of the folder and arrange the icons by "modified". Your newer images will be at the bottom of the window (at least that's how it happens for me).

Keep in mind you want to open the ones called "snapshot", not the ones called "thumbnail", since they're tiny and generally useless.

Good luck! I can't wait to read your story.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:58:30 am »

I like vampires also (*cough* twilight fan *cough*). Another alternative to taking pictures is an external program, such as Gadwin Printscreen. You open it, pick a folder you want to save your pics to, assign a button to take them (eg: I have shift+space) and go into your game. Once you have your pic set up, just press your button and then it'll be saved to your designated folder.

Hope that doesn't sound too long and complicated.. The benefit is you get bigger and better quality pictures and they are easy to find, but it might take a while to get used too and I'm not very good at explaining things. Take a look. You might like it!

Hope this helps..

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

^ just keep in mind the picture size limit here at insim. Gadwin takes screensized pics (around 1200x900 or so - can't remember at the moment...) and the picture limit here, is around 600x600 pixles - so you will need photoshop or some other editing programme to resize/cut your pictures. But if I'm not mistaken, I think you can do that on photobucket too if you upload your pictures there (I've never tried that, since I use photoshop myself).

(and if you wonder how big 600x600 is, keep in mind that the biggest C-button pics ingame are 600x450)

(oh, and if you use gadwin, it's a good idea to use the TAB button before taking pics, otherwise you'll get all the menus too on the picture - and that never looks good)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:43:11 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
evamarie13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 01:09:58 am »

thank you guys, OMg I know i love twilight too cant wait to see the movie. & thank you, its gonna take awhile to write everything cause I do it in my spare time whenever my son takes naps which is never right about now. But I am really excited.
& I know, I am gonna be photo shopping them, they are actually gonna be  a small medium size big pictures, make me mad sometimes.

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 01:53:30 am »

Ooh, yeah forgot to mention those things, theraven. Opps.
evamarie - me too! I have an unhealthy obsession with Twilight lol - it's my friends' fault, she practically forced me to read it. I'm looking forward to your story, and I'll keep and eye out on the story thread. Wink I love 'dramaful' stories... Cheesy

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
evamarie13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »

my mom said i watch Jerry Springer to much

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: