Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:09:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's up for an audience-driven murder mystery?!  (Read 3584 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:56:51 am »

I'm dreaming of a classic, audience-driven murder mystery (think 'Clue') with the audience (aka the readers) controlling (via a poll function of some sort) the detective. I'll have mapped the story out in full when the game starts, and the detective will investigate the manor, interview the suspects, etc. in order to discover the full extent of the crime, its motives, and its execution.

This is a little complicated and it will require considerable audience dedication and participation. It will be no easy undertaking, but I think it could be quite fun and I'd like to give it a shot if anyone is interested in playing along. So, comments, concerns, questions, painful revelations, shocking declarations, marriage proposals or duel challenges?
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:05:09 am »

Sounds fun... I will check back... maybe I'll get time to play along when you iron out all the details. Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:22 am »

Count me in! I went to a friends' party - she did a medieval murder-mystery. It was the best party I've been to. I'm a willing participant. I have a question: How will the voting work? Will we vote on the killer, or different situations that should happen (you know like those pick-your-own-endings books). Or something else?

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Deena

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:40:47 am »

That sounds interesting. It's def. worth a try I think.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:25:36 pm »

The voting, I think, will work the following way. It is a simple example but can be applied to different situations. Say we're all looking at three upside down cups. I know which one the coin is under, but the audience doesn't. They consider the evidence (i.e. did I put the cups down myself and then move them about?) and then PM me (or vote in a poll topic, which I'm not sure is available here) which cup they want to look under. The cup with the most votes will be revealed.

So, players will vote on which character they want to interview, what questions to ask, what rooms to investigate, etc. in this fashion. Perhaps it might even be a competition towards the end: players will judge the evidence and then PM me their thoughts on who did it, where, and with what.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »

Quote from: CuriousSimmer;1308269
The voting, I think, will work the following way. It is a simple example but can be applied to different situations. Say we're all looking at three upside down cups. I know which one the coin is under, but the audience doesn't. They consider the evidence (i.e. did I put the cups down myself and then move them about?) and then PM me (or vote in a poll topic, which I'm not sure is available here) which cup they want to look under. The cup with the most votes will be revealed.

So, players will vote on which character they want to interview, what questions to ask, what rooms to investigate, etc. in this fashion. Perhaps it might even be a competition towards the end: players will judge the evidence and then PM me their thoughts on who did it, where, and with what.

Ooooh. Rather great idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: