Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 08:05:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish Out of Water: A Piscine Legacy - Chapter Twenty  (Read 44061 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 02:20:21 pm »

Chapter Six

I soon learned why Raquel was so insistent on my purchasing a double bed. As I tucked myself away for the night, it soon occurred to me that Teddy would need somewhere to sleep, and sure enough I became aware of his presence some time later. It took a while for me to grow accustomed to company in bed, even more so when he decided to snuggle up to me, but it was such a nice feeling. He's incredibly affectionate; the next day, he barely let me return from the bathroom before pulling me into his arms.

They say you know you're in love when you don't even know why. That's certainly true in this case; sometimes things are just meant to happen. I had to let her leave for work eventually, but her absence in fact reminded me I had things to do...

...like find an opening in the architecture field, or not finding as it turned out. Luckily that strange Humble character had been doing the rounds, and she'd been left a nice homecoming present.

It was me who set it up for her and explained the basics. At some point I'll need to help her work it, because for now the poor girl hasn't a clue. Wish it could help me get a more down to earth job though. Well, I have work for now, that's the main thing.

With a job as demanding as this one, it pays to keep in shape. Which reminds me; at some point I'll need to get a workout bench or something like that. That ballet barre she bought may help for what she wants to do, but it's no good for me.

While swimming is a more effective means of exercise, doing so in the middle of winter is far from ideal.

I was beginning to feel a little homesick by the time I arrived home, and decided to try cooking the seafood I would usually eat raw. Since humans require such food cooked through, it was a good experiment for me as my cooking improved... or so I thought.

Teddy was good though, and worked through it. His bluish pallor was cause for concern, however.

Take note folks; never swim in the sea during mid-winter. As much as I like the ocean, I really must remember there are times when one must find better ways to keep trim... Oh don't worry, I thawed eventually, but I wouldn't want to go through that again.

Ariel and Poseidon got on so well, I decided now was a good time to attempt to breed them. As they trotted off to the pet house however, my mind started to race as I thought back to myself. I had never considered the idea of raising fry before, and that was when I was surrounded by fellow merfolk. Now I'm living with a human, as a human. While the idea of little human cross-breeds running about the place is an endearing one, the mere thought of making that happen makes me more than a little nervous.

Oh damn it... you weren't meant to see me in this get-up! Alright, alright, I'm a Captain Hero and my job involves bringing the most violent criminals to justice. It's not as appealing as it sounds, trust me. A mad rush of stopping whoever it is wrecking any more buildings, and then you have to watch someone else clean up what was partially your mess. To be honest, that's partly why I'd rather get a job in architecture – well, there are a few reasons, but anyway... back to work for now. I'll get there eventually. In the meantime there's something I need to buy.

It was a mere two days later, with the springtime now staving off enough of the cold for me to once more venture onto the beach, when I got interrupted during a spot of sandcastle building by a sudden burst of song from behind.

This man is so funny, and adorable at the same time. The day before, he settled for taking hold of my hands just after we rose from the bedclothes. This was a little more elaborate, but just as sweet.

I wasn't intending to do this in my dressing gown, but what can I say... it was there, we were on the beach, and it was Spring. I just couldn't resist. The only problem I faced was, how to explain to a mermaid this ritual we have of engagement and marriage?

He told me briefly about human relationships, and about such things as marriage which legally bonded a couple. He put it in a way that such a union was one of the most special events in a person's life, and it was a declaration to the world of the partners' love for each other. I melted at the idea, and mentioned how lovely it all sounded. I couldn't believe it when he then asked such a thing of me!

There are few times in a person's life when you feel this happy. We clung to each other for a long time, floating among the clouds as the waves gave their applause – so long in fact I nearly forgot I had to leave for work. Talk about moment spoiler.

Still, to say it was worthwhile would be an understatement. “Llama Queen” was at it again, had the bright idea to try to destroy a power plant. She thought she could distract me with this enormous robot thing, but notice earlier I said a Captain Hero? Thanks to my friends and I, not only did she get put away, we all got a cash reward – quite a hefty sum of money. I brought home fifty thousand dollars! I am so getting my teeth into this house when I can; I need to find a home for some of the things I brought with me. Not to mention, I have something else to build now...

We had taken to stretching out on the bed before tucking ourselves away for the night. I had noticed that Ariel had put on a lot of weight these past few days, and Teddy concluded that their spell in the pet house seemed to have borne fruit. I shifted uncomfortably in my spot as I found myself wondering; if cats have their own mating rituals, what about humans?

I couldn't help but wear a cheeky grin as I offered to show her.

“Oh don't you worry,” I purred into her ear, “If it wasn't enjoyable, we wouldn't do it!”

A spicy shiver ran up my spine as I felt his breath on my ear. He was very gentle, and things progressed sooner than I'd realised. All manner of emotions ran through my soul, from initial embarrassment to a new level of excitement that I was never aware of until now.

And according to Teddy, the best is still yet to come. If that's the case, I can scarcely wait.

We awoke the next morning to the patter of tiny feet; four pairs of tiny feet to be exact. Ariel had given birth to twins, who I named Neptune and Pisces. Watching the new parents with their offspring was such a lovely sight to behold, and I began to imagine Teddy and I with our own little ones. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. It will certainly be interesting to see how they would turn out.

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 02:46:30 am »

I'd missed about two chapters of this. Romance! Yays! And kittens!
mattitje

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 06:04:56 am »

Ow Nice Sadie ^^! I din't even knew u were already on Chapter 6 lol. Prolly missed it xD anyway cute kitten they got there and they're engaged!! How wonderfull Cheesy!!!

Nobody Likes me T_T
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 06:58:01 am »

Awww, cute! Please write more!
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 05:16:20 pm »

I love the story so far and I can't wait to read more! Cheesy
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 09:19:16 am »

Very sweet!  I'm glad Teddy moved in and now they're engaged.  Hopefully we'll hear the pitter patter of more than just kitten feet.  Loving your idea for cat names!  And I can't wait to see what Teddy does to the house.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 10:04:22 am »

Wonderful sweet lovely update!  The kitten is precious. Smiley

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 04:30:10 pm »

eeek!! cant wait! MORE BABIES!

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
imaeatyaface

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 08:42:59 pm »

great update Sadie! the kittie is soo cute *wants it...even though its a pixel lol* hopefully therell be more than the pitter patter of kitten feet...:razz:

If Cupids Got a Gun, then He's Shooting Lights Black Heads Bang You're My Drug, We Live it Real love, Ill give it.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 11:02:53 pm »

Thanks for all the lovely remarks, guys! Cheesy I did wonder how well this would compete with all the other legacies here, but then I do tend to doubt my own abilities sometimes... :angel:

About the patter of tiny feet... erm... I'm keeping quiet Wink

@Ari: Hehe, glad you like the cat names Smiley Well, it's a fishy/nautical/ocean-type theme I've got here, need to be consistent Wink Which reminds me, thank you for mentioning that 20000names site, it's been coming in handy already for human names... Wink About Teddy and the house, you'll find out next chapter.

Ah yes, about that - well, I mentioned at the start that this was a relaxing project for me, some light relief after my main story on here. The occasional break to update this has been refreshing, to the point where ideas for Xeno hit me ten to the dozen just through today - would you believe I've been adding chapters since about noon yesterday and only finished now? (It's 5am here!) I've never worked so long in one go on a project in my life! :smt120

Anyway, that's why I haven't taken another look at this one yet :happy8: Glad you're enjoying this, anyway Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:53:42 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
hollymaniac12

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 09:03:09 pm »

OOOH! Love the update, Sadie! This story is really unusual, and unique... And I love it!

Want more discussion on The Sims 2? Go to forumplanet.gamespy.com/planetthesims!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 02:41:21 pm »

Thank you so much Cheesy

Okay, while I'm messing about with Xeno pics I'll get this one up in the meantime.

Chapter Seven

As I promised myself, as soon as I was able, I went on a building frenzy. Felt good to unload all that baggage at last, not to mention rearrange what was already there, buy some new things...

I'm not entirely happy with everything I came back with, but it's all they had at the time. It'll do until I find something more appropriate.

Something else I really needed to set up now, was somewhere for us to marry! That statue is mine too, looks pretty good there don't you think?

I'm far too pre-emptive though, I must admit. I shouldn't have added the balloons so soon, I know. Still, I just couldn't resist the urge to show off my handiwork a little.

Lore's friend took her on a shopping trip the moment she heard our news. Which I was very grateful for, as it gave me a chance to make some arrangements of my own. It was nightfall by the time we were all set, but so much the better – it all looked more romantic.

Apart from the stragglers of course, who lingered in the background when there was plenty of seating available. Maybe I should have widened the bottleneck a little...

I can understand now how this is seen as so special an occasion. It was truly a wonderful experience, and I couldn't have asked for a more romantic setting. It all added so much to an already amazing time. I was a little baffled by this talk of cutting the cake though...

“The idea is that it symbolises one giving themselves to the other,” I explained, “One cuts and feeds the other a piece of the cake.”
“Interesting,” I replied as I cut a piece, eyeing it for a moment before looking back at him. “I have to feed you a piece of this cake?”
“That's right,” I agreed, although I soon noticed that familiar mischievous sparkle in her eye as her scaly fingers dove into the chunk on her plate. Perhaps I should have cut it instead...?

After such a special night, it was back to normal the following day. I found an old lamp resting on the ground and brought it inside to ask Teddy's advice, but he seemed just as confused as I was. It looked like it could do with a good clean, but it would have to wait until I came back from work.

Back to the grind indeed, and another day of searching for work I would enjoy.

I found it too! I managed to find work as the head of a construction company. It was as much as I could do to stop from bouncing in my seat, I was that happy! Ah, no more rushing round after supervillians – considering we've starting discussing children I really could do without all that now.

I gave the lamp a polish when I got the chance to, and could only watch in shock as plumes of purple smoke billowed from its spout. I started to wonder if I had broken something.

This gaseous form emerged from the smoke and took the form of a purple skinned creature with a funny hat. He introduced himself as a genie, told me that I was his master (or rather, mistress), and that I had three wishes... I had a choice of things I could wish for.

One was to increase my youth. Now, I have been in such a state for centuries already, so I wouldn't normally have wished for such a thing. However, since becoming mortal I was alarmed at the rate I seemed to be ageing. I needed some extra time with my new family, so I made my wish and hoped it would work.

At first it had seemed to do the trick; I felt rejuvenated and relieved to have some extra time on my side. Although, I don't know if it was a side effect of this wish, but I started to feel very unwell, to the point where I lost my breakfast.

Never in all my long life had I felt such a way. It seemed a little strange that the morning after an encounter with this genie, I was now feeling sick and drained of energy.

The big problem with a working couple and four cats in an expanding house, is trying to keep it clean. Thankfully we can afford some hired help – we'll need it.

I learned that my sickness, although maybe still a co-incidence, was caused not by the genie but something else. I had no idea of pregnancy, having never gone through it before, so I had no idea what to expect, but there it was staring me in the face.

It was so odd at first, feeling this movement inside my body. My mind often drifted as I wondered what the little person would look like, and my heart often quivered in anticipation of being able to find out.

Time flies by so fast. The kittens are now cats – and they are, literally, identical twins. Everything about those two is exactly the same, except for the fact that Neptune's male and Pisces is female. I picked one at random when I decided now was a good time to start some toilet training.

It turned out to be Neptune. Even with having two bathrooms, I may suggest to Teddy that we install another. If we can get all these cats on the toilet, it will make cleaning that bit more bearable.

Ah, first day at my new job and already promoted. I knew I was made for this line of work. Things will get pretty difficult though, with two working will-be parents and four cats. It helps that two of them are working, but not that much. We had spoken of building on a legacy with these cats too, just to watch how different they all might turn out. I do love animals, and the cats are darlings, but sadly one has to go.

The only reason we chose to keep Neptune was because he was toilet trained. Seriously, that was it. When Lore said the twins were more like clones, she really wasn't kidding. I may have to raid the animal shelter as it is, just to save on training time if need be. It may be more expensive, but part of what you pay for are what the animals already know. Given how manic this house is already becoming, I'll take anything that'll make things easier.

Apologies for not having any good pics of the genie - you'll see him again (properly) fairly soon Wink

No requests please
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 04:04:25 pm »

An update!! Yay!!

I love the cats, they're so cute! The wedding pictures turned out awesome, too. With the crashing waves in the background... *sigh* I love your stories, they're always so incredible. Cheesy
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 06:21:14 pm »

beautiful wedding! i love the kissing picture Cheesy
wonderfully written ;]
cant wait for the baby!!

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 03:42:36 pm »

Aw, the wedding was so pretty!

And what interesting looking cats.  I once had a grey fluffy cat named Neptune.  I laughed when Teddy said they kept Neptune because he was toilet trained.  And hooray for the first possible heir on the way!  Can't wait to see the baby.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: