Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:47:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish Out of Water: A Piscine Legacy - Chapter Twenty  (Read 44315 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 06:26:11 pm »

LOL You know, I think it did :tongue3: Aside from the pics I've seen from your experience with AL, that is Wink Still waiting for the CEP to be ready before I unleash it on my main games.

Thanks, anyway Smiley Talk about giving away, dunno how much of that I did in Ari's thread :angel: I will say though, the twins age very well :love2: The maid? Yeah, if it weren't for his really pale eyes - IMO they make him look a little creepy :lol: Very intense though, he's one of those who's always thinking to himself as he walks Cheesy

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2008, 06:13:11 am »

Hehe, yeah, I couldn't resist that one :lol: Anyway, speaking of aging...

Chapter Nine
[/SIZE]
Their birthdays came around sooner than either of us realised. How quickly these little ones grow!

One minute they fit into the crook of your arm, the next they’ve doubled in size and able to sit in their own chairs.

The best part however, is being able to train them out of filling their nappies. Although I will admit, it’s not the most exciting of activities.

I was all too soon feeling the strain of looking after them – animal as well as human. What with three cats and two demanding toddlers, I really needed an extra pair of hands about the place. Ideally Teddy’s, but he had to leave for work.

He had told me I could hire a nanny if it all got too much, so I took him up on the idea. Once the woman in question arrived I happily flopped back into bed, safe in the knowledge that I could do so.

That was what I’d hoped, at least. You’d expect it after all, that’s what we pay them for. Instead I woke to the sound of juvenile screeching, and found Dylan still in his cot, screaming to be let out, with a full nappy no less. Sighing, I changed him and brought him downstairs as he was also hungry, wondering where on earth the nanny had got to. I found her as I entered the kitchen; just standing there while a very smelly Darya was drinking from a bottle.

All she had done was bring her downstairs and take out a bottle, and I watched her put Darya in her chair, then back on the floor. She was about to approach her again, but by this point I’d had enough. After feeding Dylan, I sent the useless woman away and promptly changed Darya, before taking the twins upstairs. Once positive nothing else needed doing, I crashed back into bed and willed Teddy to finish work yesterday!

Another day, another dollar and another promotion. Not like we need the money, but it’s so satisfying to keep climbing the ladder like this.

During the course of the day I felt my sanity slowly slip away. Having Teddy around to help was a relief, but it also served to remind me how large the age gap between us still was, despite my earlier wish. By the time evening came, I found myself approaching the lamp for a second time.

After granting me another few days’ grace, I was left with one more wish. I considered the options remaining; money wasn’t a problem, nor was finding a partner. Peace of mind, however, was something that I certainly lacked by now. I was almost begging, never mind wishing, for such a blissful state of mind; anything that would make this nightmarish phase any easier to endure.

At first I felt no different. After a while though, I felt so incredibly calm, even happy with my life. I no longer felt the need to keep working, and taking days off to look after my family was one of my concerns. It would be no longer – the very next day, when I was due to arrive, I called to hand in my notice.

Teddy told me of this substance known as smart milk, which helps toddlers learn at a quicker than normal rate. Very clever device, one I was keen to try after the length of time I spent at the potty with the twins.

It worked very well too, despite the strange side-effect of such food that left them glowing. It seems to literally be like brain food; it sustains them as well as helping them learn much sooner than expected.

There was still one worry, which was taken care of with but a trip to the local pet shop. Neptune needed a mate, and I spotted a charming Tonkinese cat I named Hydra.

Now, Lore and I get along very well and agree on most things, but on this I just had to say something.
“Are you mad?” I spluttered, “Naming her after a dragon’s just asking for trouble!”
I crossed my arms as I looked back at him, wondering what his problem was.
“I just liked the name,” I shrugged, “They’re both female, and a hydra is a water creature as I am…”
“A hydra’s a dragon!”
“Oh come now, don’t be silly,” I chided, “Names have no bearing on a cat! Remember Pisces? She’s hardly a fish!”
My eyes flickered warily from cat to owner, before uneasily crossing my arms.
“Alright,” I relented, “But the moment she starts behaving like her namesake she’s going bye-byes, you got me?”

Of course I agreed, but in all honesty I couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about.

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2008, 12:52:41 pm »

Just realised, I forgot to update the title :oops: Ahem. Anyway, it is now...

Chapter Ten

This smart milk is proving to be a godsend. The glow wears off after a while too, thank heavens. The twins also seem to have taken very well to the cats, they’re always cuddling them.

Although, being babies, they have the tendency to get a little rough. The cats are good with them though, and put up with it.

I got a little present from the design crew. In their best interests of course, as it will help me build the skills I need to be able to work better, but I’m not complaining in the slightest.

I decided to draw a sketch of the wedding pavilion I built way back when. It’s turned out pretty well, I think.

And, wouldn’t you know it, that little diagram sent me flying into a higher position. Two more spots after this and I’ll have reached the top!

Children grow so fast, and the time rushes by just as quickly. No sooner had I taught Dylan to talk, than he grew older before my very eyes.

He has such a loveable face, I have to say. He takes after me a lot too, even down to spending a quiet night on the sand.

Of course, where one goes, the other follows. Right behind me the other one tripled in size, and it all happened so quickly we had no time to celebrate their birthdays. Still, with their brand new ability to talk properly, they made it clear that they didn’t want any kind of party. Maybe just as well.

With the twins now outgrowing their cots, I had some remodelling to do. It took me a while to think how I would go about it, before remembering a little talk Lore and I had about the future. We had both agreed that it would be nice for one of them to stay with us to raise their own family; we get to watch our grandchildren grow, and one of them gets some free babysitting where need be. Lore had only to think back to a certain chocolate teapot for her to concur in earnest.

So I went to work. It’s not brilliant, but until I know how many others will join us this is the best I could do.

The nursery and my other oddments got relegated to the brand new second floor. Remembering how cramped the nursery became when the twins were small, I took no chances and expanded both that and the bathroom, to make more room for the potties. We’ll keep another fridge up there too, just for baby food – I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before, but it will spare the next parents the hassle of descending two flights of stairs whenever the child’s hungry.

It’s too early to decide which of them it will be, of course – they’ve only just become old enough for school. In the meantime Lore and I can heave a sigh of relief that they can now sit at the table themselves – all we now have to worry about is cooking their meals and the company they fall into.

No requests please
mattitje

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2008, 01:56:26 pm »

Ow they realy grow fast Cheesy
They both have such a cute faces, and Sadie ur so harsh for the children u just allow 1 of them to stay? Tongue U gonna trow the other out? Tongue No jsut kidding xD
Anyway nice updateS (since I missed chapter 9 xD) again Sadie

Nobody Likes me T_T
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2008, 02:47:27 pm »

They're both so cuuute!  I'm sure you've already decided who to pick, or have picked already.  They bothed aged nicely and your family line is looking niiice! Wink

Having an upstairs fridge helps tons - I do it all the time now in multistory houses, although it still surprises me how often the sims still trek all the way downstairs.  Having a garbage bin right next to the fridge helps, too.

Hydra, lol!  Love it.  I should use that site for cat names - I've become completely unoriginal naming my cats, lately.

Cute updates!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2008, 05:54:12 pm »

@matt: LOL Yeah - had to think of a way to explain this legacy rule of only heirs being allowed to move back Wink

@Ari: Thanks Smiley I certainly have, although I'm not adverse to others' opinions Wink Both twins are working through Uni and generation four kittens are on the way Cheesy LOL Yep, that site does help quite a lot Wink More on Hydra later on...

@2B: Hi to you too Cheesy

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2008, 12:21:55 am »

Aww... neither of the kids inherited mommas skintone.
Actually, they're probably glad about that. Smiley

Do either of them get tails when they go swimming?

And the Genie rocks. But I'll need a newer computer before I buy Freetime. I got told today my Disk is 98% full... :smt120
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 08:06:40 pm »

@steelguy: 98% full? Yeouch! New drive definitely, but it needn't come to a new computer unless that's not the only problem :happy8: About the kids - you'll find out in due course Wink In the meantime, here's another update Smiley

I nearly caught fright at the high-pitched, delightful squealing as school finished for the day. I turned round to seek out the source, and was met with a little boy waving a report card at me, proudly proclaiming that he’d achieved the highest grade. I glowed with pride at the sight; this boy’s so smart!

One thing I’ve noticed about twins; they do most things together. Barely had Dylan calmed down before I was faced with another excitable child waving an equally impressive scrap of paper.

Both of them are doing so well, and I couldn’t be happier with either of them. This is certainly one of the best parts about being a mother.

With the knowledge that I would no longer be around forever, I felt some practice was in order – poor Neptune must have got a fright when he found me.

Not really! I was in fact teaching him to play dead – and, just like his mother, he caught on very well.

Incredibly well! He had me in stitches with his antics. If he doesn’t go up in the world after this, I’ll be very surprised.

Speaking of going up in the world, Teddy’s been climbing the ladder at a rate of knots lately. Every time he returns from work, I have come to expect that he’ll bring a large bonus and promotion with him. I’ve yet to be disappointed, too.

I came back to a lovely reception today. Darya flew from the house to give me a welcome hug. These two are really blooming; any fears I may have had about them have all but evaporated. I’m so proud of them both.

The next day, Darya brought home a familiar face after school. This is Jackie Stanley, who I met once while I was a Captain Hero. Lovely little girl, pretty quiet like me – and, it turns out, the twins too. It was nice to see her get on with them as well as she does with me.

I had no doubts about Dylan’s ability to do his homework, but he asked for my help all the same. Darya did the same with Lore a little while later; Jackie was still here, but it needed doing.

There seems to be a strange force emitting from the chessboard; it pulls our children to it like a magnet. They’re always playing it, either alone or together. I saw Darya alone one day and decided to join her – although, despite her cleverness, she wasn’t the most honest of players.

Why she felt the need to cheat is beyond me, unless she just found it funny. I warned her that she wouldn’t gain many friends playing this way, but she just shrugged.

There we have it – proof she really doesn’t need to cheat. Her logic skill peaked while we were playing. Given how much she played with that block puzzle as a baby, I shouldn’t be that surprised, although I did start to wonder if the smart milk lasted longer than we were led to believe.

I caught Dylan scribbling into his diary later on. I don’t know what was more adorable; his reminiscing or the paranoia that his sister would see what he was writing.

Dylan and I have grown very close, and I don’t doubt that it’s because we’re so similar. He’s even been asking about my work, and offering to help out with the building and decorating I’ve been doing here.

While the humans are away, the cats will play… and Hydra receives an unwelcome visitor while her owners sleep.

Not even another cat, but a roaming wolf instead – a sinister looking one, at that.

Hydra: Come on, that was hardly fair! I demand a re-match… with someone my own size, of course.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2008, 09:53:11 am »

Come on, Hydra, you can kick his butt!

Cute update, Sadie.

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2008, 09:28:02 pm »

Heh, thanks Smiley

*prods* Well come on, where's yours? You're slipping Wink

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 08:58:39 am »

I know - it was meant in jest, since we usually update at the same time Wink

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 11:26:25 am »

LOL - yeah, we weren't in sync this time.  I have several chapters photographed, but not written.  So I need to pull up the pictures and write it...someday.  Not sure when that's going to be.  The day is just too short to accomplish everything I want.  And in some areas (reading) I'm way behind.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008, 11:30:12 am »

I know exactly what you mean. Tweaking this latest set of photos now, and I've still got to write for the ones already in place. And I'm starting back at Uni next week too Cheesy

Ugh - better work now while I can >_<

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 04:40:30 pm »

Speaking of which... :angel: Expect a slew of updates over the course of this week - maybe even sooner, given how I'm feeling right now. Just written the most heartbreaking chapter I've ever had to write, and I need a distraction 'cause it's been starting to open old wounds :sad5:

Chapter Twelve
[/SIZE]

Ariel is beginning to show her age. She still seems happy to work for the time being, and is no less hyperactive now than she was before.

The twins remain drawn to the chessboard. Dylan spends almost as much time there as he does reading up on gadgetry. Rather him than me – I never could get my head around these machines, no matter how hard I try.

After what happened with Neptune, I nearly didn’t bother to toilet train Ariel, but with her still being keen to learn new things I wasn’t one to refuse her. I just hope this time it works.

Darya brought home a boy called Steve from school today. He seems a nice enough chap, with just as much interest in the unusual as the rest of us. Given my origins, that can only be a good thing. I have to say, I’m pleasantly surprised at the way I’ve been accepted into human society, despite my obvious differences. The twins appear to keep their legs in the water and have inherited Teddy’s warm blood, but they are still only half human. They are only fortunate they appear normal, although future generations may still inherit a more unusual skin. We shall have to see.

Dylan is such a sweetheart. Not only does he play fair at chess, he always wants to do something with us. He reminds me very much of his father, and that is certainly not a bad thing given what a darling Teddy is.

I made it! City planning here I come! Ah, feels so good to have achieved my goal – nothing can stand in my way now!

I was shocked to find Ariel in a fight today. She’s never fought anyone in her life! I began to peer anxiously into the foray to catch a glimpse of the cat who’d started the skirmish, confident that she was only defending herself.

It suddenly occurred to me what Teddy’s fears had been about Hydra, and my heart sank as I realised she was, in fact, ‘acting like her namesake’ as he’d put it. Perhaps she’s not so good for Neptune after all.

Hydra: I can’t believe I lost to an old woman! How humiliating! I’ll get you for this, mark my words!
Ariel: And I’ll put you back in your place where you belong, child. Let this be a lesson to anyone else who ticks me off!

I never thought I’d be so glad to see Fantasia again. I hadn’t seen her for ages, and with this horrible cat under our roof I couldn’t adopt her fast enough.

I warned her, and I made sure to carry out my threat. Let Hydra make someone else’s pets miserable, I don’t want that creature bearing Neptune’s kittens.

The twins stayed up later than usual, which I would normally have a problem with. They were both so wound up however, there was no way they’d settle if I did send them to bed, so I left them to it and retired for the night.

Dylan: Careful with that thing, you could have knocked me out!
Darya: Ah come on, don’t be such a sissy!
Dylan: Come on yourself, it’s a game! How am I meant to catch it when you throw it so hard!?

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2008, 08:53:28 am »

Thanks Smiley I won't have to explain it, you'll find out yourself eventually - put it this way, you'll need tissues handy. I know I did Sad

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: