Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:50:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish Out of Water: A Piscine Legacy - Chapter Twenty  (Read 43428 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2008, 09:33:44 am »

I think I already know (but I could be wrong). Sad

I also thought I caught a little foreshadowing in there Wink

Aw, fighting cats.  I've had my fill of those, too.  I seem to have a knack for picking cats that won't get along.  Maybe Fantasia will be a better match.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2008, 11:36:07 am »

Foreshadowing? Maybe Wink And yeah, about the cats - it's got to the point where I'm considering "cheating" a little and getting that "less pet warfare" mod I've seen around. What really gets me is, it's not only the prospective mates that fight with the others...

Chapter Thirteen
[/SIZE]

Dylan brought home this girl called Tina today. Once again it was straight to the chessboard, and it was nice to see him playing with someone other than his family.

Neptune reached the peak of his career tonight. I didn’t expect any less to be honest; he’s just as smart as his parents. Speaking of which, Ariel was looking more like she’d had enough of work, so I decided to retire her. She has certainly earned her rest.

The twins grew older, and again we didn’t have time to celebrate. They weren’t concerned however, they seemed happy enough to age so well.

I was touched when Darya said she wanted to work among the fishes, and that she wanted more insight into my side of the family. I am a little concerned that our growing fortune seems to be getting to her head, though. I hope she won’t allow money to govern her way of thinking.

I had to smile when she found us getting cosy in the kitchen. I suppose it’s to be expected when they reach a certain age, but it didn’t stop me giving her some comeback.
“Wait ‘til it’s your turn, Miss,” I teased with a grin.
“Whatever,” was all she said as she moped off.

I couldn’t help but melt as Dylan grew. I’ve never seen such adorable features in a young man! He looks as lovely as he is inside, that’s the best part. He’s quite reserved, yet deep down he just wants to be liked by people.
Every household needs a techno-whiz, and Dylan’s ours. It wasn’t long before he came crawling round our ankles asking ever-so-nicely for a car, but made it plain that it wasn’t to be a brand new one – he wanted a beat-up wreck he could fix himself. What really got to me was when he said how much of an inspiration I was to him, and that he wanted to follow me into architecture. I was honestly moved to tears.

Occasionally, they tire of the chessboard and seek out other forms of entertainment – like Teddy’s pinball machine. As with a lot of things, it is a pastime they enjoy together. Despite their differences they get on very well, which is lovely to see.

Darya seems very cantankerous for her age. I would put it down to teenage hormones, but she was a pretty mean thrower with that ball when she was younger. Very much the sporty type too, more so than me – and hyperactive with it. She’s going to be a handful, I can just see it…

… although everyone has a good side. I’ve never known a teenager to be such a stickler for cleanliness. It’s almost at the stage where we could cancel our maid and let her get on with it; she loves to clean.

I’m growing concerned about Ariel. Either it’s her age, or that fight with Hydra went to her head, but I swear she’s become more aggressive. I couldn’t believe it when I caught her scrapping with her own son!

Neptune: Okay Mum, be honest – what exactly did I do wrong?!
Ariel: Well, there were those times you kept challenging your Dad when he was just minding his own…
Neptune: Okay, fine, but the punishment hardly fits the crime!

Poseidon began to show his age today. Another cat to retire and let him take it easy – like Ariel, he has truly deserved to make the most of his golden years.

The same day that Poseidon aged, Ariel died. Teddy was just as distraught as I was; our consolation is that she has lived a good life and seen her children grow to maturity. The twins didn’t have that much chance to grow close to her, but for Teddy and me it was a heartbreaking day.

Just as I thought, Darya’s already starting to throw her weight around. Normally those two get on pretty well, but this was one time she decided to pick on the poor lad instead. We’re going to have to keep an eye on that girl.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:49 pm »

Aw, founder cat dying Sad  That's a tough one.

I have those cat fights, too - father-son cat fights.  Constantly!

And the twins are gorgeous!  How hard was it to pick your heir?  I love grouchy sims - I can so identify with Darya, lol!  How fitting that she wants to be in the Oceanography career and Dylan wants to be in Architecture - that fits perfectly with the story!

Nice update.  I really need to get my hiney rolling with mine, too, don't I?

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2008, 12:37:53 pm »

LOL Yes, you do Wink

That's exactly what I thought, with their LTWs showing up like that. And Dylan really is the clone of his father on the inside - every scrap of their personalities is the same. That was one of the reasons why I actually found it really tough - on the one side Darya's a meanie, but on the other I faced another version of Teddy in the house, and there was the wish for some variety. I was hoping their LTWs would help me decide, but they didn't help a bit!

Actually, another reason Dylan was questionable was because he got a little buggy at first. I became grateful for keeping the Batbox on lot, as he didn't HAVE an LTW at first, I had to re-roll it - and that's what came up for him :lol: He evened out eventually, thankfully Smiley

Yep, my first death Sad Would you believe that's the first time I have had a sim die in any of my games? In my first hood, I took to vampirising my favourite sims so I wouldn't lose them :angel: Now I've ended up retiring it, so to speak; it's more of a metropolis now on the brink of in-breeding, 'cause the families have got so big. Never doing that again.

The founder cat was hard. Teddy was harder. Lore was the hardest yet, and that's just the first generation; dread to think what I'll be like later on :?

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2008, 03:03:26 pm »

Aw.  It is very hard, I agree, and I don't have the heart to let mine go that often.  The only reason why I can, is because I know I can bring them back if I really want to with the resurrecting phone.  Just knowing that has made it much easier - but it's still hard.

imaeatyaface

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »

aww poor Ariel D: great update, and the twins grew up beautiful!

If Cupids Got a Gun, then He's Shooting Lights Black Heads Bang You're My Drug, We Live it Real love, Ill give it.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2008, 01:00:05 pm »

Thanks Smiley Need to play catch-up on these, given how much playing I've done since... :angel:

Chapter Fourteen

As told by Darya and Dylan Paul

Well, hello there sexy! Aren’t you just the cutest thing? You’ll have no trouble finding a likely vi – erm, lad will you?

That stupid outfit I grew into won’t help though. I can’t believe I ended up with a kimono. That’s got to go for a start. It’s a good job we have so much in the bank – I’m sure they won’t mind if I pop out to get myself a makeover, I know I need it. This hair is just not me, and I need some make-up too…

Aw, you wanna play? Don’t you worry; I’m pre-programmed to be gentle, especially with an old timer like your good self.

So long as you promise not to let your claws slip into my bare skin, of course. It’s a little sensitive you know, especially from the salty water I’ve just been swimming in.

I can’t believe those two. All that money they have, and they still say I can only get a change on my own cash. Still, they also said it would be a good chance to get my foot in the door, and I also happened to notice that the University offers scholarships to hard workers… Was I complaining about getting work? Not at all!

We may be well off, but there’s nothing like the satisfaction of earning your own money. Especially when it’s something you really want to do, and there’s extra Uni funds to be had from doing well. Thankfully we both found what we were looking for.

Cats may be cleaner than dogs, but they still make a mess of the litter tray. Mum said she’d toilet trained one of them, but the dumb animal still uses the tray instead. The maid takes too long to clean up too; I’d sooner do it myself.

Whoa! That wasn’t meant to happen! Fixing up a car isn’t quite as easy as I’d thought. I’ll get there though, and I’ll have a nice shiny set of wheels for a fraction of the cost of buying new.

With us now both working, it was off to the shops to celebrate. I bumped into this guy when I came out of the changing booth, who said he’d seen my parents around before.

After an interesting little chat, I got the rest of me fixed up. That’s much better.

One down, one to go! Now the hard part’s over, it’s just a matter of time before this baby looks good as new!

As told by Lorelei and Teddy Paul

I just knew things were too good to be true. During a friendly game of punch-ups, Darya smacked me hard.

I quickly made a mental note to give her some lessons in courtesy when I got a little older. As it stands she’s not taking much notice.

She brought home Steve after school, and he hung around while she worked. Those two get on really well, which is good – they both seem to have something against Dylan for some reason, which isn’t so good. Both of them seem to have got it into their heads that he’s not so manly, which I found to be pretty harsh.

I couldn’t help the triumphant grin on my face when I noticed those two getting cosy in the front room. I decided to leave them to it, and save the “I told you so” for later.

I hope Dylan gets lucky with someone later on; he’s such a nice young man. Jackie seems to think so too, so she tells me…

Our children are climbing the career ladder as quickly as we did, and Dylan soon reached the top; we’re both so proud of them. Time continues to tick by, and as the twins grow older, so, finally, do I.

The last of my powers in the water have now gone. My legs stay legs when wet, and I’m feeling a little weaker than I used to. Overall though, I seem to have aged pretty well; I had no idea what to expect, but so far I feel barely any different to when I was blessed by eternal youth. If anything I feel happier, and that’s the most important thing.

No requests please
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:33 pm »

Oh yes! Brilliant update! *gawps at Darya's dress* woah..
Cannot wait till you send them off to college!

BTW: Wow! You both updated at the same time again!

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2008, 01:17:37 pm »

Aw, thanks! Cheesy Me neither, considering the heir's now got a teenage kid... :angel:

And yeah, this time was deliberate - I got the hint from both that and the fact it got bumped down to page two... :angel:

No requests please
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2008, 01:23:44 pm »

lol! You naughty girl!
*refrains from asking when next update is gonna be*

Hey did you check out my story? I wanna see if you woulda liked it! You know being a great writer and all! (heheh I think it's working)

tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2008, 03:10:02 pm »

oh my, quite the story

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
GravyTrain10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2008, 07:23:01 pm »

love this legacy <3

seriously. I read it all just now =]

"Its time for..."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2008, 09:22:17 pm »

LOL, Sadie!  You'll probably beat me to the next one, though, because my updates are starting to slow down.

It was a lot of fun hearing the different voices of the twins.  I can't believe they're already teens.  Time sure flies, doesn't it?  They're both gorgeous - I can't wait to see who you picked.  They're as different as night and day.

That last picture of your founder is really pretty.  Nice lighting and the expression on her face is so peaceful.  And she looks fabulous!  You really can't tell she's an elder.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2008, 06:14:33 am »

Wow, thanks guys! Cheesy I'll answer in reverse order where I can:

@Ari: Um, yeah, I most likely will :angel: They are incredibly different, which made it more interesting Cheesy And thanks for that nice remark on the last picture Smiley She did age well - and actually transitioned into elder-enabled adult clothes (love that mod Wink), so there's gonna be a bit of shape-shifting going on (there were only a couple of proper elder outfits she got, so I tweaked her wardrobe to reflect the shape she mainly got). I do so hate the way they suddenly flop out of shape when they hit the elder years; I've met a good few IRL who look as trim as the next adult.

@lucky/tophat: Aw, thanks Smiley Hope you continue to enjoy the updates Cheesy

@2B: Heh, thanks. Trust me though, if Dylan had needed a makeover in his teens, he'd have got one too. His turn comes later Wink

@Zorom: I did, yes. Admittedly not my thing, although it was amusing - I just don't go for makeover type shows full stop, so it's nothing personal Wink When's the next update? Um, now... Cheesy

Chapter Fifteen

It had to happen sooner or later. The minute Teddy mentioned ghosts back in the day, and now with our first death in the family, I should have expected something like this at some point.

It looks like Teddy may get his wish after all. Speaking of which, even though I’m now older, he is still as affectionate as ever – not that he has much longer to go before he ages too.

After that manic episode when the twins were little, the pace has slowed considerably. We have more time to spend together, and still enjoy a chat on the beach while watching the waves kiss the sand.

I have lived so long already, and now my mortality is catching up with me, I can honestly say I have no regrets. The best thing I could have done was leave the sea; I have learned so much since living here among humans, and even raised two adorable children. I have never felt happier in my life than I do right now; I am more fulfilled now than all those centuries spent in the ocean.

What a way to see your old pet again! Why she had to hiss at me like that I don’t know – shock aside though, that was awesome! I’d always wanted to see something like this; how fascinating!

(We won’t talk about the fact that she didn’t give me the chance to retreat to a bathroom before getting me again…)

I have to admit; I get a little nervous whenever Dylan starts fixing electric items like the computer. Not because I fear he’d break it further, I know he wouldn’t, but I’ve heard that people can get electrocuted while they work. Whenever I voice my concerns though, he just flashes me that big grin of his and promises me he’ll be fine – and he always is. I do admire the way he works so professionally with the machines I have always wrestled with.

He always finds the time to play with us, too. I certainly wouldn’t dream of favouring one over the other, although admittedly, when faced with the younger version of someone you’ve always been so fond of, it is very hard to not do so.

Darya has endearing qualities of her own. She is very active, and loves to burn off her surplus energy on the football set she bought herself. Sometimes she plays alone, other times she invites her brother to join her. It is so nice to see them get on so well…

… even when she decides she’d rather noogie him instead. He’s a good boy though, and puts up with it.

Dylan: Ow! Knock it off! What’d I do this time, apart from be in the wrong place?
Darya: Oh nothing, I just felt like it.
Dylan: When don’t you?!

My time finally came today. Time to retire, kick back and enjoy the golden years with my darling wife. Oh, and something else I’ve been meaning to do for a while:

“Honestly, it pays to be nicer,” I explained, “How do you expect to stay in a relationship or make friends if you’re mean to everyone?”
To my relief, she admitted I had a point. Hopefully she’ll be better with Dylan from now on.

I got so lost in a loving moment with Lore, I hadn’t noticed my old friend Jackie had been brought home again.
“It’s cool, don’t mind me!” she grinned, “I was looking for Dylan, actually…”
“Oh, really?” I grinned, before looking around. I found him eventually, in his favourite spot – and a fond smile crept upon my face when I noticed he had company.

Given how quiet we both are, it was great to see him making friends. I never got the young man’s name, but he was someone else brought home from school.

We heard the sound of more tiny feet the next day – and I got a fright on seeing just how many more there were. Fantasia had given birth to triplets; two girls I named Oceana and Ariel, the latter in honour of their late grandmother, and a boy I named Aquarius. Oceana is the one who seems to have a sheen to her coat, rather than the fluffy appearance of the others – and once again, they’re all exactly the same in terms of personality. With the unusual appearance of their mother, I can’t help but wonder how they will turn out as they mature, but in the meantime we will need to reserve judgment on which one to keep.

I’m more concerned with another problem; which of the twins will be staying with us when they finish University? It’s not that long now until they leave, and they both seem very keen on the proposition we had for them. We’ve both been agonising for a while over this dilemma, and since they both wish to return it’s down to us to choose one. It may have to depend on the partner they end up with at this rate.

Off to Uni next chapter, yay! Cheesy

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2008, 06:48:11 pm »

LOL - the potential heirs' mates always had a LOT to do with who was chosen for heir - along with some other things, of course.

I might have to check into that mod - I hate that my elders always look unshapely - the way Maxis gave them these odd bow legs.

Your first ghost!  That's just the beginning, though.  Wait until the fourth or so generation - then you'll be up to your eyeballs in ghosts!  It gets pretty crazy.

Looking forward to seeing the twins in Uni - I think I have my favorite - we'll just have to see who inherits the legacy.  How exciting!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: